Alarak's Minions Sacrifice, How does this work?

Hey, I feel like I’ve proven myself for it! Normally I call myself a complete garbage player. I may not be the best, but I’m at least in the top 5 or 10 Alarak mains!

1 Like

Busting out the 5th account here huh.

6 Likes

At least he knows to actually switch accounts.

1 Like

Kinda sad that he needs to split his personality to find someone to agree with him, but i guess that explains why he said “a lot of people” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have never seen an alarak Ally who locked his hero unit inside a warprism

Never

Not in one single Game.

1 Like

I did lock Alarak between pylons in the past because I was annoyed at how he had an unreferenced charge ability on its normal attack that would throw him in the heart of the enemy base in no time, worst than other suicidal heroes.
Never thought about war prisms, but I think I gave up on building those early (I realized in Alarak case I found more convenient to not research Warp for Gateways, so no need for a mobile pylon, and not using Overcharge offensively either).
That was a long time ago though, these days I just play P3, and Mamaship keep an eye on the overactive child along with the rest of the fleet, and there isn’t too much danger.

But once in a while, I do feel like it would not make a (negative) difference if I locked him somewhere, aside from taking a meat shield away from the Havocs.

3 Likes

I locked Alarak away once. And that was just me tinkering with P1 army only. No Alarak support for fun.

1 Like

Alarak is powerful af

Why would someone lock him away apart from making it harder for yourself ?

Challenge reasons ? Ok
But becouse he suicides to often or sacrifices your army to quickly ?

His pushback deals massive AoE dmg and his charge almost instakill any ground unit.
When empowered his pushback literally wipes attackwaves and bases.

Still don’t get it why you play a commander without his hero unit.

That’s like playing Stetmann without using stetalites and/or Gary

1 Like

This is fairly accurate. Alarak is the core of his army and has tools for wave annihilation or kiting.

1 Like

Even if, for some inane reason, I wanted to be stupid and not use my hero unit.

Just build a pylon cage and save the supply used on a stationary prism to build some supplicants or something.

You are literally bad at the one thing your strategy involves.

2 Likes

One trick if you want to temporarily lock Alarak by pylons: lock him on the site of a cliff.
That way he can go up/down the cliff with his charge ability if needed.
That’s what crossed my mind just now.
Maybe useful if you’re worried he will eat your army (and your ally army too? I don’t remember…) due to a specific comp/mutation early that can damage him a lot near it.

2 Likes

Alarak cannot under any circumstances eat an ally’s army. Only your own.

1 Like

I wish he could eat them and that the level of ally’s Raynor P1 Battlecruisers were 99

2 Likes

Why? So you can grief your allies? No thank you. It’s bad enough losing your own army to either a bad engagement, or playing badly. No need to punish your allies for your own mistakes.

1 Like

Why… Why are so many people formulating strategies to NOT use Alarak? You’re much better off picking a different CO at that point. And if you’re truly having that hard of a time using him, take your difficulty down a notch, watch some videos, or read a guide on how to use the commander.

Alarak ain’t for everyone, and that’s fine. That’s why there’s so many different choices.

4 Likes

Alarak get nerfed with P1, and don’t grow wings to follow the fleet with P3.
I would say not using Alarak is absolutely valid, and somewhat encouraged by the devs based on that.
And given the randoms allies I get, not playing the Alarak hero would definitely be an improvement for many/most.

2 Likes

P1 disadvantage reduces Alarak power is true but he’s still plenty powerful. By your poor logical sense, I guess we should stop using Kerri P2, Fenix P2, or any number of prestiges that reduces only 1 aspect. Exchanged power up on P1’s Robo far outweighs the disadvantage.

P3 MS definitely isn’t moving at the speed of an Overlord or Phoenix. In fact, MS moves at 2.5 while Alarak moves at 2.95 (and that’s without using Deadly Strike dashes). So he sure doesn’t have wings but surely also keeps up. So I’m not sure what the wings got to do with anything.

It’s like someone doesn’t know enough about Alarak and made some half-sensed illogical statements just to make a poor point.

2 Likes

To add onto this, Alarak in P1 is entirely for utility and front line tanking. To play without him is a waste, and makes keeping units off of your expensive stuff much harder.

Probably something stupid related to the fact that Air units ignore most terrain. But Mass Teleport is also a thing, so eh. They have double moot points.

1 Like

My bad, I was being sarcastic, just joking about punishing a wrong ally’s playstyle, don’t take it to your heart

1 Like

But what about… being edgy and evil? :slight_smile:

1 Like