Alarak prestige

Dear devs, please look at alarak prestige… With the bug fix on his first prestige we are shooting our self in the foot to even choice a prestige for him.

First prestige is just weak aff know.

The second no fast movement

The last… Well i dont think i even have to explain this one…

6 Likes

They also need to bug fix it so the bonuses don’t go to a unit that is already maxed.

8 Likes

I agree,

At this point i doubt they even “test” the changes…

They should ask them self why people use such a bug,…

1 Like

Third one is actually decent, because honestly fixing the main weakness of Alarak (mobility) is probably more useful than the death fleet.

As for the second one, yes it makes the mobility problem worse but on the other hand in many cases you can actually live without that mobility at which point the extra power of p2 is very significant.

Uh, because it’s free power. Duh.

No, because is is not possible to fully uttilse the prestige as it stands now. ( execept the micro/macro king) the way it was you only got strong late game… Now you are just… Weaker than normal alarak.

I agree on the mobillity if it was not for a minute ( if they stay alive)

It still (ironically in a way?) gives more power to endgame Ascendant builds as throwing in a couple of mech units with the buffs will clear up their issues damaging structures.

I could see a couple buffs getting thrown it’s way though, preferably in the way of less stacks to full buff imo.

1 Like

Good point! I will try it out today and see how it works.

Still as you mentioned, a change like the one you mentioned for example is cleary needed. Cut it in half for example. That way you are less of a burden for your ally early-mid game

For his last i find it difficult to come with a solution, it cant be to strong but also not underperforming. First the death fleet is already underperforming.
Perhaps cut the time in half ( just a quick thought) - im sure some have better ideas

Artificer of Souls, in a pure Mech build, is pretty bad. That I will agree on. It’s built more to be a Mech-Ascendant hybrid build. That’s now the most efficient way to actually make use of this prestige perk.

I think the “pure Mech” build is P2…since they get 2x Empower me bonus

Either P2 or P3. Either work for it.

Damn, mass Warprism ain’t gonna work with P1 anymore, no one has the minerals for that, it was fun while it lasted.

P2 is actually very srong with the “No Cooldown Alarak” technique, but it requires a lot of practice.
The destruction wave with no cooldown is much more powerful than the psionic orb when empower me is activated. With p2 and mastery, you can iterally use empower me in every critical battle.

1 Like

I don’t think No cool Alarak work as nicely as it use to since the Devs decreased the radius of Wrath of the Highlord from 500 to 15 (I am not sure how long but It’s much shorter).

1 Like

Alarak needs some love thats clear. He doesnt feel like taldarim anymore (powerwise)

i mean in the campaign when you heard about them they were a force to be reckoned with but in co-op its just mass ascended know…

1 Like

This is inherently false. Blink Slayer and Wrathwalkers are more then viable enough. The only thing in Alarak’s kit that could use a tune-up is the Vanguards and Destroyers.
The only actual power you got from the Tal’darim in the Campaign came from the Havoc’s Target Lock and the Wrathwalker. Mass DPS came from Destroyers.
Alarak is alright where he is right now.

Im talking about his prestige. And that is clearly under performing. If you dont agree fine! But the prestige is useless as it is now.

Campaign wise i was not talking about what you get but overall. ( from wings of liberty and up story wise) legay of the void artanis was even shocked when he saw the fleet… Well… Shock and own in co op :joy:

Artificer of Souls is now properly meant to be a Mech + Ascendant mix talent. If you want a full Mech talent, take either Shadow of Death or Tyrant Ascendant. Both work.

Am I the only one who manually target Alarak for Artificer of Souls stacks?

2 Likes

Just to make this clear, prestige is meant to play different not the same…

Tyrant ascendent brings nothing new to mech play artifcer of souls does.

Shadow of death brings nothing new also…

But héy lets just put our heads in the ground and thank them for nothing right?!
Starcraft is dying out and this behavior is why.

First we test in ptr and nothing changes right
Then we level them up ( yeah read the forum everyone is happy)
Then suddenly the bad prestiges dont get fixed but those that are “worth” the evort leveling up get nerfed to dead.

I serously cant understand why people defend this

1 Like

Well that is not meant so prepare yourself…