Adept glaive with detection?

Yet another useless idea of mine. But what about buffing the adepts by giving them detection and +1 vision for 6s after psionic transfer (after glaives of course). Would that make them more viable (against mines/lurkers)?

Tier 1 detection? What do you think Protoss is?! ZERG?!

Zerg doesn’t have tiger 1 detection, only Terran has that.

3 Likes

He means spores…

1 Like

And cannons and turrets also exist, if you’re thinking about static defense then you’re being silly.

1 Like

In a technical sense, almost all basic detection is T2 since it’s 2 buildings deep?
basic upgrade buiding > turret
barracks > orbital
lair > overseer

Advanced detection tech is much deeper, except Zerg does theirs a bit sooner than others, well sort of.
gateway > cybernetics core > {stargate, robotics facility}
spawning pool > lair
barracks > factory > starport

Terran path is unique in timing since you could already be building a tech lab before a stargate is started, then simply swap the starport and start into ravens right away. Given adepts detection would be a bit out of line unless it was some deep upgrade. Even then, you’re then allowing for a very cheap unit being built.

No more gimmicks with the Adept.

Just let them shoot up and give them a second upgrade that increases the attack range by +1.

Movement speed too. They’re wayyy to slow to dodge banelings

yeahhh but spores aren’t really “static” defense. pretty op to have defense that moves

You realize that all races have tier 1 detection (Turrets, Cannon, Spore) right? Zergs only other detector is tier 2…like all the other races.

Except the fact that it’s not OP because it has to root on creep. Terran has scans and protoss can get early detection. Zerg gets lair later than the othe races get their detection up. So the spore is to compensate for that fact. Also, Zerg doesn’t have the best AA early on so it can help there too.

1 Like

I like how they take Zerg all the time in mouth (T1 detection has only Z) and than just realized, Protos can end the game in 3rd min mark with ground/air atacker, detector, good dps and hp pool structure :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hippity hoppity, my cannons are shooting your property