Ability to veto co op maps

I hope that in the future, we could veto certain maps when playing random in co-op just like how you can veto multiplayer maps. I just do not like playing on certain maps like cradle of death or vermillion problem and im sure some others have their preferences for maps.

3 Likes

You are probably the 100 thousandth person that brought this up, since the first time it was brought up a few years ago.

And this has never happened, and I hate to tell you but doubt it’ll ever happen.

Just type a simple, “Sorry, I don’t like this map” and quit to remake. It’ll take less than a minute of your time. That’s the work around.

6 Likes

That was an exaggeration but he is right about the fact this proposal was brought up so many times.

Another correct answer to your problems, or you can always take up the challenge. That is your choice.

Unfortunately, the Co-op developers are at all time underperformance. If they don’t fix very simple bug or implementing very simple revamps, there are no chances that they will implement this… so unfortunate…

3 Likes

Only map vetoing I would support is for party queue.

Commander vetoing for picking random commanders, I could get behind that though.

While I am generally against the idea, for random queue it would be better than players insta-leaving if they get Craddle of Death (which sucks for their unfortunate partner who doesn’t hate that map).

I guess i’m the one who always makes the same old counter argument, but it sucks if everyone veto’s Cradle of Death and then people who actually like or don’t mind the map never get a chance to play it ever because everyone vetos it

I’d prefer if the energy was spent trying to fix why the maps are disliked than create a veto system to remove maps because they are disliked.

3 Likes

I think veto maps would be a good, but to make it fair one shouldn’t get the random 25% bonus XP. Personally if I’m playing with one of my ascension commanders I’m not playing for XP, and I would enjoy having the option to meto a map or two.

I realize if I want to play a certain map I can always just pick that map. But typically it’s not that I want to play a particular map, it’s more that I don’t want to play certain maps on certain days.

I actually don’t particularly hate any of the maps, and on some days I would probably not veto any maps. But if I’ve had a stressful day at work maybe I don’t want to deal with bit of added stress say SoA brings, don’t want to risk getting a bad partner on CoA, or don’t want to hear Donny Vermillion taking about freaking lava in the VP on a particular day, but at the same time I also don’t want to restrict myself to 1 particular map.

I think it be a nice option to have but keeping the random XP bonus limited to only true random map would ensure a lot of people still play that option, and thus all maps will still get played to some extent.

It’s not a make or break issue for me, but more something I’d be happy about if it gets implemented.

1 Like

Oh boy, that’s just crazy talk.

As a golden rule, we must bandaid everything until nothing is fixable, then and only then we’ll proposal another bandaid.

It is da wey!

1 Like