Abathur's Nydus Network and Omega Network

As you know, when Abathur is partnered with Kerrigan, his Nydus Network change into Omega Network.
I don’t know if this is a glitch but it sure is useful.
I’m not sure if this intentional but if it is, it would be great if Raynor can benefit Techlab with Swann and Protoss commanders benefit Warp Harmonization with Artanis.

Raynor can indeed benefit from Swann’s techlabs. Swann just needs to build them and fly away with primary structure. After that Raynor can land his structures and claim techlabs.
However, I don’t think there should be warp harmonization for protoss. That would make Fenix and Alarak too powerful.

2 Likes

That is certainly possible but thing is most people doesn’t really realise they can do that and some find that doing it bothersome whem you have to move their barracks, Factory and Starport to the nearest Tech lab.

As for Protoss’s Harmonization, I think Vorazun and Alarak won’t benefit that much, but Fenix and Zeratul (given if his buildings are allowed to warp) will become really really powerful.
Karax may need this benefit because they need fast employment due to their expensive units and slow ramp up time.

That would have been useful.

True for both sides.

Zeratul cant warp in units in the first place.

The most useful thing you can do is Chrono Boost, as a Protoss ally.

Unfortunately, the whole Nydus and Tech Reactor thing just wont match the pace of the game.

• At best, Swann can make 1-2 for Raynor, that’s about as useful as it gets. However, if you (as the partner) expects this during early game, it actually slows down Swann by quite a bit. [Delays of not only making them, unable to research, and lack of gas as shocking as it sounds]
  • Nydus is completely useless since if your ally Kerrigan isn’t making Omega Nydus Networks… then what is she doing? You, as Abathur (or any other commander), can freely use Kerrigan’s Nydus thus no point at all, synergistically speaking that is.

Best you can do is Chrono Boost your ally’s important things. This was so very cool during that period when you can Chrono under-construction structures. Too bad they took it away.

2 Likes

To be fair, it is nice with Abathur that you’re able to choose your own locations for Worms to come out without having to bug your partner. It’s not much, but it is a convenience.

As an aside, I can’t say I’ve played with more than a handful of people who used my Worm network when I played Kerri for that matter.

Yes but this is too clunky to actually be practical in 90% of situations. I think auto-sharing of tech reactors would be ok, but I think sharing warp harmonization would be a bit too much.

1 Like

That’s super accurate.

Brutalisks Deep Tunnel like no tomorrow, one wouldn’t even need the Nydus.

Basically these potential cooperative synergies are often left out, either due to player skill or by design. It is really unfortunate.

I am a big fan of it having these synergies to be honest, still wishing they would bring back some of them.

I don’t think that’s a glitch. Just think about the malignant creep. It doesn’t matter whose creep is that, if one player is Kerrigan, the whole creep gives boost with life regen and attack speed. If the enemy is zerg, that creep also provides you these bonuses.

Raynor benefits from tech reactor, but it doesn’t need to be Swann who builds them then flies away. You can construct tech labs as Raynor, then fly away and let Swann land a factory or a starport, then move away and you retake it. This way it costs your money. Although, the tech reactor will have about half the health after.

Even Nova’s tech lab turns into tech reactor, but that doesn’t change anything, no double units calldowns.

I don’t think other protoss commanders should benefit from warp harmonization.

1 Like

the first two “are features, not bugs”. 3rd one (Warp Harm.) would be nice, but FWIW, Coop is already different in where all 5 Protoss COs who utilize power fields can share those with each other.

(Not to mention T and P can build on creep. That’s something I never noticed for many months, until one day, I accidentally did it.)

And yet, how little we see someone like Karax who needs a Pylon, who has instant Pylon, who doesn’t place it near Artanis xD.

1 Like

Only twice have I had the chance to offer Raynor Tech Reactors as Swann. Both times, it got rather clumsy/awkward. FWIW, I’d imagine it’s like this with most cases of 2 players having to build stuff together. It’d probably be easier with voice chat, but I don’t bother with it.

I don’t recall if I ever had a chance to do this for Artanis as Karax (I’m sure I had plenty of Artanis allies, but starting off, I had no idea how Artanis worked), but it sure would be sweet. Artanis doesn’t need supply. He just wants the power fields. Karax needs the supply anyways. Artanis can save 100 minerals, while it’s less obtrusive for Karax since they warp in instantly. Win-win.

1 Like

Yeah, there are several nice things any player can do when playing with certain commander combos. Most of which doesn’t affect your own gameplay at all, but it can do quite a boost for your ally.

100min 30sec into the game is a lot, meaning an Artanis can get Gateway long before the usual time. Nydus to save detection and quick transport is a no brainer, yet so so so many Kerrigan still don’t use it (and many more don’t use it as their ally).

Just a couple examples, but yeah man it’s kind of sad.

1 Like

You can put down the power field from Spear of Adun and build a gateway on it. You don’t have to build a pylon before the gateway, so there’s no delay.

1 Like

Raynor would actually like it if he could build tech reactors when a Swann partner is present. Swann’s tech reactor costs the same as a tech lab, meaning it’s a good replacement for Raynor’s standard reactor and gives more flexibility. It also saves a few Barracks, which is significant for diverting minerals into Orbitals early on. Though the biggest benefit would come from a mech build, since you get to build fewer Factories/Starports. A single tech reactored Starport is all you need for BC production, for example.

That being said, the current benefit of Swann building tech reactors for Raynor is more of a hassle and disruption to Raynor for bio play, so I’d only really appreciate it if I were going for Factory/Starport units.

1 Like

You missed the point.

The 100min saved allows earlier gateway and other tech, not because u build a Pylon first but because you save 100min that u don’t have to. For this usually occurs after Cybernetics.

My wording has some issues, so maybe that’s why.

Yeah, I figured that’s what you were both getting at…
You can put down a Power Field to immediately start on Gateway, and get a jump start on going beyond (Cyb Core, Twilight Council, etc.).
However, you’ll still need a Pylon there soon enough so that you can move your Power Field to the frontlines when you move out. If this saves Artanis 100 minerals here and there, that should speed things up even more. It would slow Karax down, but it could be worth it to boost Artanis.

Makes sense. In my cases, the Raynor ally didn’t really want to deal with more than 1 Tech Reactor. 2 at most.

Just do Tech Reactors only. Warp Harmonisation to all Protoss seems unfair.

1 Like

i’ve made 6 - 8 tech reactors for a raynor multiple times, did not slow me down since all i needed was to build one extra factory and hop it around a few times. with 1 - 4 thors and strike cannons you can get halfway through most maps easily with call down and allied support.

Y-yeah, as we know. W-what kind of idiot wouldn’t know that? Ha ha. :flushed: (though I don’t think I’ve had a single Kerrigan/Abathur game in my entire life, now that I think about it, that and Abathurs never use his Nydus and, like, 3/10 of the Kerrigans I’ve seen use hers even though it’s an unquestionable boon)