Abathur Prestiges

How far should I go on Abathur prestige? The post on prestiges suggest that I should skip P3?

If I got for P1, is it wise to not have UE? They’ve been “brutally” effective in combat. but so were mass Muta/air.

If I go P2, how much emphasis should I place on Swarm Host compare to other units?

P1 loses the UE push power but makes up in its biomass effectiveness. It’s a different style so if you’re going Abathur prestiges, at least get that.

Many feel P2 isn’t different in its loss of UE power but it is. The caveat is that if you only use Brutalisks then perhaps this difference is minimal (if your general 6xUE timing is not within 6min or so).

Definitely skip P3, it’s only a collectible for giggles. Don’t use it for anything serious.

2 Likes

P1 is meant for mutations dealing with Black Death or immortal shields, where more damage/HP actually works against you.

P2 isn’t just limited to swarm hosts. Your roaches and ravagers also can deep tunnel, giving your brutalisks some extra backup when they deep tunnel in. This prestige is better at hold out missions where swarm hosts can hold off waves easier.

P3…I don’t see the point. Needing 200 biomass just for one UE? Not to mention that biomass is less effective as well. Just seems more for being meme worthy than usefulness.

2 Likes

Can Abathur survive higher difficulty/mutation without the “tanks” of his arsenal?

I haven’t had gas issue, yet. The prestige passive and 25% extra gas makes it feel like it’d be a ground based play style, and uses only 3 Mutalisk for Levi?

Yes, in fact they survive better with 125biomass due to the regen. It’s the damage spike that’s traded off.

The gas won’t be an issue mostly, so P2 is most similar to P0. The cost in those 3 early muta/Levi is what you’re trading off in this case.

Leviathans are amazing base pushers during early game. That extra cost slows down the ramp up slightly. Again, that’s only relevant in fairy optimized UE biomass gathering.

1 Like

Recommend you be prepared to go all the way, my good vice admiral

If you’re proficient at getting bm and getting UEs out ASAP, then P3 can be a blast. On shorter missions (L&L, RtK, VT), I only get 1 to 2 Brutalisks. I’d imagine pros get a few more than that. On longer missions (e.g. VL, OE, MO), IIRC, I’ve seen allies get 15 UEs by the time the mission’s 2/3 of the way through. They’re swimming in Brutal’s and Levs. Quite a sight to behold!

Early UEs, especially Brutalisks at the “few minutes mark”, are quite the power spikes, and nice to have. Even if you’re slow to get them out (say, your 1st Brutalisk at 5 to 6 minutes, first Leviathon at 10 to 14 minutes), they’re still nice to have.

That said, THIS is my favorite prestige of his. The work needed to ensure you go in-depth with bm to ensure you get Brutals out ASAP… it’s so much extra clicking. :frowning: I feel like too much UE will kick start my carpal tunnel

They are much improved, but Roaches and Ravagers now get in on deep tunnel. Former don’t incur the (-)'s gas penalty, while latter do, but are still quite jacked up due to the latest pre-prestige buff.

Ofc., you still have UE

Really depends on your playstyle. I think P1 is newbie friendly especially when you get the +50% biomass drop on death as no biomass will be wasted and yeah they more than make up for the loss of UE especially post 15. If you like ravager + swarmhost then P2 is for you. Though I would still recommend getting your 3 leviathans to tank air for your army. As for P3, if you like to be stressed then by all means but I don’t recommend it until you get lvl 15.