Abathur Prestige 1

I started playing around with the Prestige system and am trying out Abathur’s kit. I figured that his P1 ability (the one with no Brutalisk/Leviathan, but extra Biomass) would be the smallest shift in his playstyle: continuing to focus on his air units, (mostly mutas) and dumping minerals as-needed in Roaches and Static Defenses.

It’s… not working out so well for me, and I can’t tell if it’s because I haven’t played Abathur with Lvl 15 + Mastery Talents in years or whether it’s because there needs to be a substantial shift in his playstyle.

I’m wondering if the Biomass cap for him should move from 125 to like 150 without the Ultimate Evolutions. Even maxxed out… my Mutas feel pretty squishy.

Thoughts?

It’s because at lvl 15 you get the heal with attack damage. ( a big boost in toughness)

The big change is the +50% biomass recovery, which means after lvl ?4?7? or so you have 100% biomass recovery.

This is big, it means you can spam units, because if your 27 biomass roach gets killed…another roach can instantly pick it up.

If you lose 10 mutas at 125 biomass due to aoe…all that biomass is still there ready to be picked up.

Even then Abathur is still very gas heavy and doesn’t roll well into the late game

Like, much of early biomass comes from luring units from encampments. With the loss of the Brutalisk (with AoE ground damage and high health), luring becomes much harder and worse

I personally feel this prestige should be buffed abit, so essence hoarder can grow well into the later parts of the game

1 Like

I believe P1 is meant as an option for mutations (Black Death) and for people who like Abathur, but hate the early Ultimate Evolution farm game. These players did exist even pre-prestige, at least I remember my partners just massing Roaches and Queens filled with Biomass and then they called it a day (they needed early game carry, of course, but that’s just a casual-Abathurs thing).

The Prestige just makes this sort of playstyle extra forgiving and a bit more powerful.

I don’t think they will increase cap to 150 bm, it seeems a bit much. Even 125 is a nice change, it gives your mutas 570 life up from 480 with 100. Plus some extra attack speed, which - as KrikkitOne said - after lvl 15 results in auto-healing while your units attack.

Up until then you have to babysit your mutalisks a bit, pull them back for battle to heal or use queens for that, cause otherwise they will die regularly.

Also, @KrikkitOne, I’m not sure why or how it all works, but even post lvl 4, into the later levels, the dying unit didn’t always drop biomass. Maybe it’s not added, but multiplicative, so it’s 75% chance, or maybe there’s some bug here or there. I could’ve also been me not paying enough attention, but this has caught my eye numerous times in various situations. I’ve leveled him up to 15 again, so that’s ~18 games from level 4 to 15.

Also, the thing about this prestige is that it is bugged. Some units are capped at 105 biomass, not 125. There are already a few topics about it in the bug section, and I don’t recall seeing it addressed in the latest patch fixes. That is the big problem with this prestige.

1 Like

Main Abathur here and P1 sucks, way weaker than normal Abathur, +25 max biomass will never compensate the lost of ultimate evolutions. Because you still need to collect those biomass, it not like it was free damage , unlikely bruta/leviathan.

Blizzard needs to reduce max biomass to 50 and triple the effect of biomass, and then we talk again.

This is more about his P3 (as a side question).

Anyone has some solid numbers regarding the “less powerful”? I’ve been assuming 200 biomass works 1/2 as well as before hence the less powerful. However, is that actually the case for those who has this unlocked atm.

Yes, biomass effects are exactly half. 50% lifeleech at 100 biomass, etc.

Also, P1 is for the memes.

1 Like

Nice one, what’s that, brutal 6? You should see me play Abathur… at 20 apm. :smiley:
However, I have question: your units don’t seem to be affected by black death, when they have it, their health doesn’t decrease, even if you’re just moving them. So it’s not about Abathur’s damage-heal mechanic, it’s not his topbar healing… how is that? Is it because of double edged?

black death deals damage to yourself…aba units heal for damage they do.

1 Like

Even better, with 125 biomass, they turn the 2%hp/s black death damage into passive 0.5%hp/s healing.

I know they do, but like I mentioned, it’s not about that. Check the video from ~1:43 to ~1:58, and again from ~2:13 until ~2:18 (youtube video time, not sc2 game time). He just moves that roach around and yet its health doesn’t decrease.

Can you elaborate a bit on that, please? Is there some biomass mechanic I’m not aware of? I thought it only gave them life, attack speed and life leech per stack… is there some passive heal or some other thing that biomass gives?

Black Death, like Double Edged, is coded as the unit attacking itself. The unit is constantly hitting itself every second for 2% hp. This means it triggers the lifesteal effect of biomass, so that it lifesteals from itself.

5 Likes