A few bugs in the new 5.0.11 patch

1. Larvae wander away from the hatch randomly. Occasionally. Happens on multiple maps.
  2. Upgrading to a lair is no longer possible if you ALSO have another hive or lair selected (same as for from lair to hive). You could do this on the old version, but no longer. Same thing for spires. If you have a greater spire and another spire, you have to switch to just the spire to upgrade.

(Edit)
2.5. There is STILL a bug in the bar where the “loaded-ness” of the Nydus is shown. It should be a percentage of your total supply or a percentage of 200 supply. Instead the bar never loads more than a tiny amount. Also paging through units in the Nydus only shows the first few sets of units or random units(?) not all units.

1. Ravagers are taking too long to morph. Should have changed from 8.6 to 10.9 not 12.9.
  2. Spine crawlers and spore crawler rooting time is significantly different. Spines should take the same amount of time to root as spores.

4. Spine Crawler root duration is significantly longer than Spore Crawler root duration
The patch did not change this!
On 5.0.10, Spine Crawlers take 14 seconds on normal speed to root, so 10 seconds in real time. Due to floating point math inaccuracy, the game will show you 9 seconds in the progress bar

3. Ravager build time is not what patch notes said
The patch notes are wrong.
The real change would be: The Roach → Ravager morph time increased from 8.6 to 10.0 seconds (from 12 to 14 on normal game speed).

The patch notes falsely state: Build time increased from 8.6 to 12.9 seconds.

I used the values in the editor’s data as a base for my fixed line

This is likely a human error as the values need to be converted from “normal game speed duration” to “multiplayer game speed duration”. Multiplayer plays at 40% faster speed.

I was more concerned about the larvae wandering and the upgrade hotkey block.

I don’t want units spawning in random locations, and if my lair or hive is going to die I want to be able to build another one! And the Nydus and crawler things are annoying. It would be so much better if they fixed this.

2. Cannot upgrade to Lair when Lair/Hive is selected
There is an undocumented change swapping Hive’s and Hatchery’s subgroup priority. This controls which type will be selected first when you press on your command group’s hotkey or select multiple units at once.
This explains the issue! Basically, you now select the Hive or Lair instead of the Hatchery. Now you would need to tab to the Hatchery to receive access to the abilities.
In my opinion, this undocumented Hatchery/Hive subgroup priority swap should be reverted, so your scenario will remain as it was before. At least I do not see the benefit of this change

2.5 Nydus cargo bar is always empty
This is not PTR specific. But that would still be a great quality of life improvement. The Nydus can hold 255 units and has a max cargo space of 1020. The “Show Cargo Size” flag is disabled in these abilities. Maybe that has something to do with this. But I guess that it was disabled for a reason

1. Larva wandering away from the Hatchery
I did not see any data change in the PTR that should have caused this. However, this is concerning

I have pics, i can prove it, happens randomly on multiple maps have seem multiple times. Suspect its related to the vision range change but cant see why.

The larvae seem to wander to the top left or right side of the hatchery pretty far away.

Can you post one here or post a link where you add a space in the beginning?
Or tell me the map and base?

Then I can add it to my own documentation of all bugs in the PTR changes :slight_smile:

I did not have time to actually test things in the PTR, yet. I’ve only analyzed the editor changes

Ok sure, I’m not at my pc now but ill post one.

ht tp s:/ /pasteboard.co/JISyEokUOb2k.png

htt ps://pasteboard.co/AbCb14UYUM26.png same game, slightly later, different place.

1 Like

htt ps://pasteboard.co/vwmAGiSb34uS.png Same guy, and hatch lair bug.

Yes, the Hatch/Lair/Hive bug is because the selection is not on the Hatchery anymore by default. If you press tab, the button would appear again

I’ve added it to my list: https://github.com/Ahli/sc2xml/pull/1

I will check out the Larva bug. Maybe I can figure out what is wrong and suggest a fix to Blizzard

Update:
The settings are all fine. They have not been edited in the PTR.

Looks like an engine bug.
Is this a new issue in the PTR or did this exist before?

Update:
The Larva spawns on creep that is nearby when the Hatchery finishes. So, this can only happen to the first Larva that is spawned by a Hatchery.

This is most likely a side effect of some change or it has always been like this.

However, this looks weird and should be fixed.
The Larvae are spawned by the SpawnLarva behavior. It has a range of 1 and a range slob of 1 configured. Tweaking these values could limit the allowed spawning distance to always be next to the Hatchery.
Another fix attempt would be limiting the spawn until a game update passed, e.g. via a requirement (e.g. Hatchery spawns with behavior that expires after 0.0625 => requirement for Larva spawning behavior fulfilled => Spawning Behavior becomes active)

Update:
I could not replicate this behavior in the patch 5.0.10 (but I only tried once). However, nobody reported a bug like this ever before in here, so it should be new.

Maybe something in the engine’s code was changed which flips the order of creep spread and spawning behaviors around. Else, I guess that Hatchery’s creep spread rate change might have caused this

Yes that is my guess as well - that the vision somehow messed up the larva spawn.

It is a new bug AFAIK.

*** UPDATE ***

They tweaked the selections so the less developed buildings are last now, which is a fine solution, but different from how it was - if for some reason you wanted the lair or hive first, now it is last.

I noticed ANOTHER bug which is that selecting the minerals no longer selects all of the same type of mineral (same starting amount). Not you can only select a single mineral, This matters if you mined something out and wanted to double click to get a quick count of the number of patches. It always sucked having to do it twice, but now you can’t do it at all. A great change would be to let double clicking select all patches.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.