80% of my PvPs are Cannon Rushes

As title says.

Is this working as intended?

If not… Pls devs make something about cannons being warped in outside super conduit field (increase like 10 or 15 secs).

Well…you know that in SC2 cannon rushes are stronger than in SCBW. And that’s because of how “collisions” are handled in the game. In BW you could move a worker between Pylons, what provided more counter play in the form of negating new cannons or even more space to attack the cannon that was being built. This is not the case in SC2. You can make a complete wall around the cannon preventing its denial.

Pls Devs take a look at this issue. Cannon rushes are dominating too much the meta in the PvP matchup.

2 Likes

Good for you. Just learn how to hold cannon rush and you have 80% winrate in PvP.

1 Like

The three major races of sc2: terran, zerg and cannon rushers

Protoss who play legit are a small insignificant portion. Like randoms.

6 Likes

That’s why I talk about meta.

It’s not about win ratio. It’s about gameplay diversity.

Thx for the known advice anyway, Mr. Smart. But I expect by now that you understand what was brought to discussion.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that cr is meta by any means but whatever i would suggest to find someone to practice against cr, it is not that hard to defend at least in diamond league.

It’s actually possible to make certain units able to move under Pylons if Blizzard wanted to do it, as long as it’s restricted to small units like workers or Marine/Zergling/Zealot to prevent model overlapping issues (bigger units will look weird if they can move under Pylons).

Unfortunately, unless it will be only for workers, I don’t think it will happen, because entire PvZ assumes Protoss is able to create a complete wall. If Pylons won’t be able to block Zerglings, it will delay complete wall-offs on maps that need a Pylon in the wall. Blizzard would have to stop balancing the game through maps first… :frowning:

It would be nice, if Blizzard can make other change, which have no other disadvantage, and help to reduce cannon rush in TvT…

Vs Toss, I wall up immediately :slight_smile: Depot, Barrack, Depo…

CRs are pretty easy to beat when you get the hang of defending them and the different kinds of cannon rushes that can happen. Once you learn to defend them then you’ll get out of plat and vs real opponents.

That’s because every time they win a game, Protoss gets nerfed again.

3 Likes

Pylon scout

Thats what I do

Sounds like an opportunity for free wins. Become a master at defeating cannon rushes and rise to higher leagues.

I was going to agree with you until I realized the context shows you are saying non-cheese protoss have been nerfed, but that isn’t true. Blizzard’s been on a mission to delete game ending moments and that unfortunately included 99% of Protoss allin timings. I truly miss the days of 2 base immortal sentry, 3 base colossi stalker, 7 gate blink, etc etc. Cheese protoss are the ones who have been obliterated by the nerf hammers more than any other group. People who whine about cannon rushes these days have absolutely no clue what it was like to defend a real cannon rush.

Completely agree though I’m Zerg. I’m not sure how cannon rushing works in PvP but PvZ it’s accompanied by immortals and batteries. Interesting how many people are saying how easy they are to stop while Parting beat Impact 2-1 cannon rushing proxy robo battery all 3 games. Guess I need to be better than Impact like you guys apparently are.

1 Like

No, I meant when Protoss wins with all-ins too. That’s why they nerfed prism pickup range, why they nerfed zealot damage, why they nerfed immortal cost, why they nerfed prism cost, presumably why they nerfed observers, etc. I meant for some reason they seem incapable of nerfing 1 base Protoss. And PvZ could probably use a little less 1 base cannon rushing.

And this is true.

Fact is…it is becoming meta because it is easier to do than to defend.

As I said…is this working as intended?

1 Like

Because pvp is horsesh1t, every game is coinflipp and archon vs archon battles are stupid, they are clunky. If one player has a little bit better position than you lose. There is not even micro for that. Pvp is so dumb, noone wants to play it !