5.0.5.82893 Consolidated 10th Anniversary Achievement issues

[EDIT (12-7-2020) - Changed the game version in the title to 5.0.5.82893]

With 5.0.3.81433, the majority of the achievement issues have been resolved. Thank you Bliz!

Here’s just a few left over that I see so far.

Wings of Liberty

1. The Quick and the Dead

• According to the patch notes: Reworded the “The Quick and the Dead” achievement in “Echoes of the Future” mission to be clearer.
  • However, there doesn’t seem to be any change. Going off what was seen pre-5.0.3, it read, Activate 2 Tendrils in the “Echoes of the Future” mission within 4 minutes on Normal difficulty. And it still says that exact same thing post-5.0.3.

2. The way of the Nerazim - Kill 30 enemy units or structures with Dark Templar in the “A Sinister Turn” mission.

• The German translation of the description text is missing the “with Dark Templar” portion.

3. The Great Purge - Destroy all Zerg structures in “The Evacuation” mission on Normal difficulty.

• Despite what the patch notes said, “The Great Purge” is still being awarded after the mission is over.

Heart of the Swarm

1. Full Coverage - Cover 40% of the map in the “Fire in the Sky” mission with Creep on Normal difficulty.

• Despite what the patch notes said “Full coverage” is still being awarded after the mission is over.

Legacy of the Void

1. I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up – Complete the “Unsealing the Past” mission by constructing only Probes and Colossus

• It appears that warping in units from warp-converted production structures doesn’t count as “training” a unit, thus it doesn’t meet the conditions of the unit creation detection trigger:

• So it’s possible to create any units from Warp Gates, Warp Robotics Facilities, Warp Stargates and The SoA’s “Warp in Reinforcements” ability and still get the achievement.

2. Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar - Complete the “Templar’s Charge” mission without losing a unit.

• This achievement is back unfortunately!
  • The achievement description says to not lose a unit, however, the trigger is watching for the death of anything, but then not excluding structures in the “Conditions”.

• So either the description needs updating to include not losing structures or the trigger needs to have a structure exclusion.

3 [NEW] Hidden Victory - Complete the “Amon’s Reach” mission by constructing only Probes and Dark Templar

• This has a similar problem to “I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up” achievement above
  • Even though Warp buildings aren’t available this early in the campaign, the Spear of Adun’s Warp in Reinforcements ability is available.
  • The two Zealots and two Stalkers that are warped in with the SoA ability do not fail the achievement (it should).
  • The cause is the same as “I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up”: the trigger is watching only for units “trained” and not watching for warp ins.
5 Likes

[Adding to my OP above:]

Legacy of the Void

1. I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up – Complete the “Unsealing the Past” mission by constructing only Probes and Colossus

• It appears that warping in units from warp-converted production structures doesn’t count as “training” a unit, thus it doesn’t meet the conditions of the unit creation detection trigger:

• So it’s possible to create any units from Warp Gates, Warp Robotics Facilities and Warp Stargates and still get the achievement.
2 Likes

[Adding to my OP above]

Wings of Liberty

The Great Purge - Destroy all Zerg structures in “The Evacuation” mission on Normal difficulty.

• Despite what the patch notes said, “The Great Purge” is still being awarded after the mission is over.

Heart of the Swarm

Full Coverage - Cover 40% of the map in the “Fire in the Sky” mission with Creep on Normal difficulty.

• Despite what the patch notes said “Full coverage” is still being awarded after the mission is over.

I just got the “The Great Purge” achievement after finishing The Evacuation mission, even though I haven’t destroyed all the zerg structures (there was still 1 Hive on top left + probably other buildings around it) :open_mouth:

[Adding to my OP above]

Legacy of the Void

Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar - Complete the “Templar’s Charge” mission without losing a unit.

• This achievement is back unfortunately!
  • The achievement description says to not lose a unit, however, the trigger is watching for the death of anything, but then not excluding structures.

• So either the description needs updating to include not losing structures or the trigger needs to have a structure exclusion.

I have a question about Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar. I know it currently does, but should you fail the achievement if you lose an Interceptor?

You shouldn’t. The trigger that watches for any lost units has an exclusion for Interceptors, so they don’t count when they die.

In the screenshot above your post, the exclusion is the line “(Unit type of (Triggering unit)) != Interceptor”

1 Like

Ah, thank you. My mistake.

Confirmed that the Polish translation for Heart of the Swarm> “We are the Swarm” has been corrected in 5.0.3. I removed it from my OP above.

Confirmed that the German translation for Wings of Liberty> “Way of the Nerazim” has NOT been corrected in 5.0.3. (Quoted from above for reference:)

1 Like

[Adding to the OP above]

Legacy of the Void

Hidden Victory - Complete the “Amon’s Reach” mission by constructing only Probes and Dark Templar

• This has a similar problem to “I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up” achievement above
  • Even though Warp buildings aren’t available this early in the campaign, the Spear of Adun’s Warp in Reinforcements ability is available.
  • The two Zealots and two Stalkers that are warped in with the SoA ability do not fail the achievement (it should).
  • The cause is the same as “I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Shoot Up”: the trigger is watching only for units “trained” and not watching for warp ins.
1 Like

I see what happened here :smiley:
Reminds me of something.
Thank you for your work!

The Achievement Full Coverage is not unlocking i have 80 percent of creep on the map and only need 40 percent. it is obviously a bug can you fix please. It is on the mission fire in the sky thank u

The achievement on the 10th anniversay of the mission infested is also not unlocking. I have 21 at one time. suppose to have only 20. the swarm campaign please fix

Hey NewLife,

Both of those 10th Anniversary achievements appear to be working correctly.

Make sure that you haven’t used any cheat codes during the campaign. Doing so will disable all the achievements for the rest of the campaign. Also, if there’s an interruption between the game and the servers at the moment you get an achievement, it won’t be awarded.

For “Full Coverage”, it’s awarded after the mission is over.

For “We’re the Terrans Now”, make sure you are controlling 20 infested units at the same time.

I was able to get both today:

1 Like