4 Korean Protoss had the top WCS points in Korea last year, out of top 8 Korea spots for WCS

Last year, 4 Korean Protoss had the top WCS points in Korea last year, out of top 8 Korea spots for WCS: https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series_Korea/Standings

The remaining 4 spots was 3 Korean Zerg and only 1 Korean Terran (Maru).

The balance last year was so broken, Hero accumulated more WCS points last year than Ty did. If it were a balanced matchup last year, Hero should not be getting more WCS points than Ty.

Now, this year, Protoss is doing well including a 68% win rate over Terran so far in GSL Season 2: http://aligulac.com/results/events/110098-GSL-2020-Season-2/

Then you take into account the performance of Protoss in the other offline premier qualification tournaments this year:

1. 10 Protoss qualify for IEM Katowice group stages out of 23 qualification spots
  2. 7 Protoss qualify for GSL Super Tournament out of 16 spots
  3. 7 Protoss qualified for GSL 1 out of 24 spots
  4. 10 Protoss qualified for GSL 2 out of 24 spots

And the PPP still think this isn’t enough! The PPP will never be satisfied, not even with a 68% win rate in GSL Season 2, not even with the ease at which Protoss are qualifying for premier tournaments this year.

1 Like

Where are protoss whiners, saying there are no top ranked protoss players and protoss doesn’t win anything ? Even protoss has it hard vs zerg, that’s reason there is less protosses in top 20 spots. PvZ is probably most imbalanced matchup in the game. And zergs were wining everything. Zerg has been always strong against Protoss, so when zerg is op, protoss will feel that most. While TvZ should be Terran favored, at least it used to. Because rock-paper-scissors balance. Every race had always one vs which is unfavored/favored, since broodwar and it is same in sc2.

So basically you just proved that there are more top tier skilled Protoss players than Terrans?

Shocking

Since low tier Terran such as Dream, Bunny, and Cure are getting results after the new patch. Wake us up when lower tier Protoss or Zerg pros get those kind of results too

Just look at the names who played in the qualifier and it will explain that winrate:

Terran: Bomber, Bunny, control, Dream, kiwian, Maru, Percival, Rookie, Spear, Special, SuperNova, Taeja, Natural, Mysticism, elnino, TheWalrus, universe, Terra, James, ESC, Hwarang, heavenly

Protoss: Alicia, Astrea, Billowy, Chance, Creator, Dear, gyulzzing, Hurricane, Patience, sOs, Stats, Super, Trap, Zest, Zoun, LunaSea, Elizae, DoKyung, StepheCurry, Arai, Prince, SeTac

And who qualified???

Terran: Maru, Special, Taeja, Bunny, and Dream

Protoss: Dear, sOs, Stats, Astrea, Patience, Prince, Super, Trap, Zest, and Zoun

Basically everyone you’d expect to qualifiy. I’m sorry such amazing terran players as TheWalrus, James and heavenly didn’t qualify. But a smart person will be able to see that Toss players such as SeTac, Alicia, and Stephencurry, did not qualify even though their race is so OP

And honestly how can you continue to use 2019 stats as any justification for your arguments?

3 Likes

i’ve made a post where i counted the winrates for toss in PvZ and PvT. i included all the premier tournament results at 2020 and included stayathomestorycup (Since big boys play in that) god the results are bad. : (

PvZ: 41.1%( 152 toss ,218 Zerg)
PvT: 49.7% (205 toss, 207 Terran)

Tournament finalists in premier + Homestory:
5 Terrans, 6 Zergs, 1 Protoss (1 TvT finals, 1 ZvZ finals)

Tournament wins + Homestory cup
2 Terran, 4 Zerg, 0 Protoss
(Terran: GSL1, GSL super), (Zerg: TSL 5, 2 Homestory, 1 IEM)

What excuses are we going to see I wonder, we’ve seen:
1, PRoToSS pLaYeRS LAck ToP Tier PlAyERS (aka lacking skill)
2, ClAsSiC WeNT to MiliTary
3, LEt the MEtA SettlE
4, pRoTosS 68% WinRatE vs TerraN in gsl QUaliFierS ! Call 911 noW.
5, PRoToSS is DoiNG well LooK 4 KR Toss top WCs PoinTs.

Jessus christus !

Its impossible to balance the game across all skill levels. I think the game should just be balanced so that there is equal representation in the last 3 rounds of tournaments, screw everything else.

And 3 Terrans took up the top 6 spots in WCS. Terran easy foreigner race confirmed.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series_Circuit/Standings

Except that not happening for Protoss. Protoss is not balanced around premier tournaments no. I seriously think they are being balanced around diamonds who whine and parrot on how OP toss is. The result is the ridiculous amount of nerfs protoss has gotten over the last 2 years where protoss was nerfed repeatedly to the point we see strats being removed.

Like every single protoss unit I know was nerfed.
1, Zealot haha no charge damage
2, Stalker
3, High Templar, Feedback
4, immortal cost
5, Prism range, cost
6, Colossus damage vs armored
7, Tempest nerf
8 Carrier interceptor cost, build time, removal of graviton
9, Observer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
What am i missing here. Literally every single unit was nerfed. Oh wow, now that protosses are not winning anything ? Its not rocket science. And what excuses do we get ?. We’ve got some Zergs here saying that Protoss tier 1 players aren’t as good. We’ve got some diamonds here parroting that Protoss is so OP.

Not to mention at the pro level we’ve got heromarine complaining on how Op the disruptor is. A unit that is preventing Protoss from being absolute trash in PvT at the pro level. Like when is the line going to be drawn ?. If Blizzard decides to nerf both the disruptor and the adept build to ease some whining. Protosses should quit starcraft 2 or change to either Zerg or Terran. Like seriously its getting ridiculous. Now I know Protosses are whining its because we have a good reason to. Look at that Premier tournament peformance. Its absolutely atrocious.

1 Like

I honestly think its just the vocal of popular community figures.

Zerg/Terrans have always had popular players like idra/heromarine complaining about how UP their race is, while I honestly can’t think of a single popular protoss player that complained about balance a lot.

1 Like

I really think that plays a role too. The fact that Protoss players are bad at advocating themselves. Like cmon have some guts to defend your own race and complain when you need to.

1 Like

Like a orge? Eh…No… It’s not fun and I’m lazy.

Notice how Trap ascended last year after Protoss got so many good patches? And yet Cure is not allowed to be a good player.

The truth is, Cure was screwed by so many patches against Terran where the balance was broken and Terran was under powered. On the other hand, Trap is a patch Protoss that benefited from Terran being weak.

1 Like