4 days in quarantine I still can't initialize Starcraft 2

Hi everyone,

I’ve exhausted every possible fix from allowing starcraft 2 to run and nothing has worked.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I checked firewall permissions, I run it as admin, I’ve opened ports - you name it. Also my internet works fine for everything else

It still will not load at all. Hoping for a fix I haven’t tried yet that will work.

1 Like

what is your specs??

Hey, modusinfuror! The initializing error is usually a connection based error, since this is typically caused by issues to the depot server. The connection to other services will take a different route to their servers and it’s not relevant to the StarCraft II specific disconnection issues.

Does this happen if you switch regions? Sometimes logging into a different region and switching over can help with these errors. Does the Blizzard Application disconnect as well or go offline/online constantly?

Could you gather a WinMTR file until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

I am going through the same issue. it stops at applying patch 2/24 . the luncher then disappears and thats it.

Same issue. Played great yesterday when I reinstalled it after a long break. Now I get the load screen image a bunch of flashing between screens then nothing. The icon is in my start bar but the game will not initialize. Very frustrated.

mine is im installing the setup but it keeps on failing saying about network error?

@Lazy, it sounds like the CDN is blocking the blizzard application. Please try disabling security applications, closing background applications, and seeing if the same problem happens on a new admin account. The new admin account resets a ton of settings and registries that may impact the main user account. It’s recommended even if there is already an admin account on the system. If the issue persists, please create your own thread with the WinMTR test requested above, so that we can look into potential issues with the patch servers. Use the IP address: us.patch.battle.net

@Ender, this is a different issue from OP’s. Could you try the steps recommended on this post?

@chopper1968 For the failed - network error, please refer to this thread.