10th year anniversary achievements after some time

Things should work and I haven’t played in a while. So let’s run the game again. Not gonna comment on lore in the first few missions because I have done that several times.

As for the achievements. The first two on Mara Sara are super easy even on Brutal. I didn’t feel like trying so I played the last one in Zero Hour on Normal and turned it into Operation: Mar Sara is now my planet, why are you rescuing me Matt I killed them all.

Saving Agria in a similar manner might be fun.

That’ll be it for WoL. I will just get my dungeon crawlers from Nova and LotV and call it a night.

Sorry I’m kinda confused here, is this your blog of running through the 10th Anniversary achievements for the first time? Or again?

First time 10th anniversary achievements, but a repeated try to describe my playthrough of the campaigns many years after release.

There are some fun ones to look forward to, the Shakuras temple mission was an actual challenge if you go to hard or brutal.

Well I just did Templar’s return. 16 minutes so I had more than enough spare time, although I did play on Normal.

To be fair I don’t need self-imposed challenges.

I kinda do these mostly because of completion. Outside of the anniversary ones I got full WoL (including the Lost Viking), HotS and missing only 6 achievements for Hard in LotV + finishing Salvation and 2,3 from Epilogue on Brutal because one should finish all the mission not just get the achievement. And 2 from Nova on ahrd.

Finished the one when Nova can’t kill much when capturing Davis. Accidentally killed one guy, but hey Nova can live with that. Pretty fun take on the mission.

In terms of gameplay it’s hands down the best dungeon crawler and definite top 3 overall (Piercing the Shroud with its horror atmosphere and Return of the Templar with Alarak/Vorazun banter and different phases being the other two in no specific order)

1st Nova mission. Speed running the first part sucks the fun out of it. I love snapping necks…

Primal Kerrigan’s coming out party on the other hand… yeah speed run sounds like a good idea.

The one with Hyperion is also easy as sunday morning.

TBH I was never a fan of SC2’s dungeon crawler missions excepting Piercing the Shroud, probably because it reminded me of stuff like Patriot’s Blood and the one where you meet zeratul.

Are you just jumping around out of order? I am actually due for a full brutal 100% achievements runthrough of SC2, which I will do after finishing up my 100% brutal runthrough of Mass Recall. If you’re ever looking for a challenge, that is definitely a fun one, as reliving SC1 (beautifully remade btw, particularly the intro cutscenes for Emperor’s Flight and To Chain the Beast) is a nice counterweight to the absolutely brutal challenge of certain missions. Currently slogging my way through Omega (which is a bit too challenging past the point of fun imo).

I might finish these and finally finish that couple of missing Brutal missions (3) and Harch achivements (8). Not in really want to do self-imposed challenges when I still have AoE 2 DE to finish (campaign on Hard and all Steam achievements. Also they released Horizon Zero Dawn and I might want to follow with that now that I started my single player RPG period.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is finished except 3 collectibles and Witcher 2 has really annoying gameplay for me.
I played the first one before it and enjoyed the hell out of it in all aspects - story, gameplay, ambience of Witcher universe and even the Czech voice acting. Among Czech gamers only 4 games have widely accepted Czech dubs - first two Mafia games because they are Czech games and they got good actors for it, Warcraft 3 and Witcher 1.

And yeah I am going out of order. Dungeon crawlers are the easiest missions for me since I used to play shizzleton of MOBAs as a teen.

I definitely get the game backlog issue, that’s why I tend not to play too many single player RPGs, I know I’d just play them for hundreds and hundreds of hours. I think Fallout New Vegas is the only one I’ve actually played fully to completion.

Edit: As for SC2, this run will actually be my first above normal (don’t know how I never got around to it) I have my original runthrough, my 10th anniversary runthrough, and then a quick WoL runthrough for the speedrun achievement, lost viking, and the rest of the armory ones. All that’s left for campaign achievements is doing them on brutal and the masteries (mastery-s?).

Well once you beat WoL on Hard you can beat anything. HotS is piece of cake regardless of difficulty. LotV… honestly only Spear of Adun and Salvation bothered me a bit. Honorable mention to 2nd Prologue mission because you run out of minerals very easily. Never got to playing on Brutal, but Essence of Eternity is supposedly really tough.

I’ve tried to get the 10th year anniversary achievements too.
WoL I mainly got stuck on last mission (not adapted choices for the objective during my latest playthrough), but fixed it by decreasing game speed.
I don’t remember any trouble in particular with Kerrigan.
But LoTV is on another level.

I have no idea how I could get the prologue mission achievement where you really have to KILL ALL ZERG PRESENCE despite the achievement saying “buildings”, since units will come to fight you if you try, and I struggled a lot to get that other achievement where you only had to kill a few zerg units.
And I temporarily rage quitted getting achievements on the normal campaign after getting EXACTLY 25 deaths on first mission (worst hit on motivation).

Hopefully things will get better, and who know, maybe next patch will make some things easier (there must be a reason for it to take so long)

edit: in case the next post was for me, nope, not talking about a bug, just about difficulty abnormally above the average compared to other achievements.
Checked in map editor, and it’s really expecting all buildings dead, not some key ones with a misleading description.

Check the bug thread here. Might explain some things.

For the invasion of aiur, you have to leave all the zealots behind and get fancy with the stalker micro, takes some practice but I play a decent amount of ladder, so I didn’t have too much of an issue.

For that prologue mission, you’re gonna want colossus/immortal/stalker, and you have to micro so your army stays together, if you want to get extra fancy, have the colossi just siege and slowly attract the front enemy units to walk into the rest of your army on HP. I beat that mission without even realizing there was an expo you can take, so theoretically you should have an even easier time.

Is this Dark Whispers / Raszagal’s Retribution?

You can take the 15 minutes to build up an army of stalkers, immortals, and 6-8 colossi, and a handful of zealots, and maybe HTs until 200/200 if you’re good at microing. You can rescue 2/3 of the jailed protoss and take the next expansion.

Then, you attack and kill Kerrigan’s most forward base. Aim for the hives whenever you can to stop spawning. Then after that, reinforce your army and keep on going. As long as you fully destroy the 3rd base’s buildings and units, the AI won’t rebuild it.

Yes as Garret said, leave all zealots behind. Deploy hit-and-run tactics along with blink backwards micro. Exploit choke points whenever possible.