Right after 5.0 update I began campaigns walkthrough and what I wanna say - Bliz, you didn’t even test achivements you implemented. Seriously. You didn’t.
HotS is the only campaign where every achivement can be taken.
I am sorry for wrong mission names, I play ru version but I’ll try to name them clearly.
Still not fixed:
From the official post:
“The achievement, “Disintegration Doctrine”, for the “Into the Void” mission will no longer sometimes erroneously not be awarded.”
You know what? STILL does not! Even after 5.0.4. Seriously. You guys can’t repair 1 mission? Seriously? Is Blizzard really that incompetent?
- 2nd mission (200 kills with mines) - there are no enough enemies for this, there are no enough reapers for this, there is no gas enough to make all this. 130 kills is the edge. Just reduce achivement from 200 to 100 or 120. We already had such situation when Zeratul had to devolve 500 enemies in 1 game (now 200). One who created this achivement just doesn’t play SC and doesn’t know the game.
- Nova vs 6 zerg species in city (50 nuke kills at once) - there are no groups of zergs of that ammount. Even on hard. Change it to 50 total.
- Moebius Factor (make only mercenaries and medivacs) - can not be taken.
It’s just buged.
- Mission with tanks and drill (don’t use drill kill) - can be taken but only if you refuse bonuses. Bonus can only be taken with drill. Is it right that achivement requeres not to take bonus and loose money in campaign?
- 1st prologue mission (kill all zerg buildings) - though it is VERY hard and you will loose almost entire limit on it, now I see it is possible if you use mass immortals and kill 3rd base first. However I did it and you know what? It didn’t count anyway.
- Artanis and Kerrigan in the temple (prevent calldowns from prisms) - this is VERY hard itself, but I did it. And you know what? Can not be taken anyway.
- Race with Alarak’s laser (kill all enemy buildings) - needs all units to be killed too.
- Karax air mission on platforms (win with no losses) - can not be taken with carriers because interceptor deaths count. Only doable with voids.
- Final defense (don’t use top bar) - buged. Can only be taken if you also don’t use repair beam.
- Epilogue mission 2 - somehow this achivement can be taken but counts silently, it doesn’t splash on the screen, though others do by the options.
- Though I have all hints disabled, they kept going on and on, spamming my screen.
- WoL and LotV achivements are listed in absolutely random order. I understand some missions can be played randomly but when Karax mission is listed as one of the first - it’s clearly wrong. At least this occurs in ru version.
- When you play campaign for 10th anniversary and wanna check achivements - they will always open in the category you don’t need, the classic campaign achivements. Damn, make it behave like in Diablo 3 - previously opened category opens.
Conclusion - after playing this I don’t feel joy of celebration, I feel deceived and betrayed. You just thrown away missions which doesn’t work. I wasted time for nothing. It was not celebration, it was beta-test with no award.