Zenyatta’s lore

Its a collect call because even cultists are being hit by the economy slowdown

Omg… now I have to imagine that (according to some posters who say Blizz said that an OW hero might die but not in the game) that Zenyatta dies.

And his body gets wired to a machine or armor to achieve an infinite transcendence. As fuel for an army of invincible talon soldiers wich have bad copies of doomfists arm.

I normally complain about necros…

… But the fact that it’s been a year and we still have that much Zen lore redeems it.

Like I almost expected the novel to be about Zen instead of Orisa. But… Eh

TFW I called it that we’d get Overwatch 2 before Zenyatta got any lore.

Unbelievable. Just… astounding really.

Lucio is almost on the same boat if not for little tidbits but least he apparently has some pve scenario on the upcoming game. I don’t even know if my fav omnic boi will appear in the next game, all things considered.

1 Like

Um. Sym still doesn’t have a victory pose with her gun. Bet Zen gets lore before she gets that.

Cosmetics are so vastly different from lore, idk why you would think having cosmetic items is relevant to a lore discussion.

But if you wanna talk about lore relevant cosmetics, symmetra does have a legacy skin in her architect skin. Zenyatta does not have even that.

Well. I’m the OP and I added that into the mix.

Sigh

Guess we have to wait another year for Zenyatta lore since they really decided to dump all the lore into the next game.

Imagine developing this game since 2014 or something and 5, almost 6 years later still nothing.

Torb.
Ana.
Wrecking ball.
Sigma.
Symmetra…

I get what your trying to say but at least Zen is set to be featured in a short in OW2, we don’t know if we’ll see the rest of the cast aside from what was shown.

I think I know why they showed Zenyatta in shadow, some of Maximilien from behind, Doomfist in clothes. They had to show them but at the same time they couldn’t show their classic look and they didn’t have their new look.

I mean…they showed mercy and rien in there old armour, they even showed a picture of brig and Winston updating riens armour at Gibraltar in one of the art panels. I think transferring to the new look will be an in game thing for some hero’s, maybe zen will do a mission with the group then switch to his new look after realising how awesome he is.

To me the new look of heroes is not only because they want to make their look fresh in Overwatch 2 but most importantly the new look is defined by story. I will explain it later.

There’s a chance we might finally get Zenyatta in shambali outfit if he’s had to become de facto leader of the Shambali after Mondatta was murdered. Considering his title is the same as Mondatta’s, making him a high ranking monk. He would have had to change his outfit to look less like a hermit and more presentable for tv and other political business.

Zenyatta taking on a mantle of responsibility that’s too hard to bear was teased in the old anniversary card sprays that we got, when you looked up the meaning of that. I don’t see other reason why he would stay at the monastery otherwise, rather than go with Genji and join Overwatch.

1 Like

And that’s good reason to make him new classic look in Overwatch 2.

Remember when Jeff said “soon”

1 Like

sigh

It was soon :tm:, not that it would actually be soon.

Overwatch 2 at the earliest and even then it’s a footnote. >_>

It’s to be expected that we would have to wait for quite a long time still. =p

Overwatch 2 trailer showed that zennyatta’s lore increased from blank to

Zen
“I knew you’d return one day”
Genji
“It’s been too long, master”

1 Like

tbh that is a lot of lore for zen considering what we got already…

And all it mostly reveled is that genji is coming back to zen XD

1 Like

Nothing has changed.