Zarya sym nerfs were necessary

The beam buffs were implemented for more consistency but it made sym zarya dmg ridiculous. Both these things just happened to me on live:

• I went bastion for 2 checkpoints on attack 2nd round route 66, on fire, and zarya still has gold dmg.

• Ulted with winston, melted by max charge sym in 2-3 seconds.

1 Like

Zarya, okay, she has been meta for a long time and bubble counters a lot of heroes.

Sym, being a troll pick and an instant report for ages, now finally viable because of double barriers and she gets BOTH an 8% damage nerf and an insane 50% beam width nerf while DPS Moiras are deciding games below plat? Sure go for a.3 to.25 to see how it goes but seriously this is just typical blizzard balance idiocy, there are no small numbers when it comes to buffing/nerfing…

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the recent bug fix hardly mean anything against an ulting Winston? I thought it would only really mean anything against smaller targets.

2 Likes

Sym has always been good at melting a ulting Winston who doesn’t know what he’s doing so what’s new

1 Like

She was only strong bc ppl would not switch from shields to counter her seeing as though she charges up from hitting shields. Nerf was not needed especially not 2, I mean they nerf Zarya also. Not a coincidence that the 2 shield busters got the nerf at the same time.

Zaryas dmg has been broken for a long time. I’m even a tank main and I’ve thought shes needed nerfs. She’s a better dps than the majority of dps.

And maybe sym getting charge off shields is just poor design. If shields are as hard countered by her as they are in live, that leaves you with one tank combo option that isn’t trash; dva ball, and they’re both in bad spots right now.

Zarya literally gets her charge from ppl shooting at her bubbles and lots of ppl do it w/o letting up and sym gets hers from shields. Both of these can be stopped by not shooting bubble and switching to a tank with no shield. The reason other tanks are in a bad spot is exactly what happens all the time, ppl refuse to change to counter they nerf them to all hell and then we are stuck with some new meta. Now we are stuck with all these shields and they are removing the counters that were used. It’s like Blizzard just wants the same heroes used every single match And honestly don’t see a reason to keep all the other heroes if they just keep deciding to make changes to only make those ones viable.

where are necessary doomfist nerfs?