Zarya seems to be unbalanced

She’s really taking charge of all my games. Every single game either my team or the enemy team has an insane high dps Zarya.
Unbalanced, no?

1 Like

She is most definitely unbalanced. The problem is that the cycle of tank countering just ends back up at Zarya.

You can start with Zarya, the enemy goes Winston to counter her, so you go Dva to counter him, and then the enemy goes Zarya to counter her. So you’re better off just mirroring the Zarya and saving yourself the hassle of switching.

1 Like

If you ask me the problem is the limited time window and energy tempo, as well as trying to work with a team with a strategy to overcome it.

The first problem I have when facing her as another tank, like a Junker Queen, is the window of opportunities to attack her are a bit narrow at times. It can be challenging to know when they have bubble, or wait for the bubble to go down while remaining relatively vulnerable. Sometimes I or other team mates accidentally feed it or they have their own plan to brute force through it. When it’s finally gone, the recovery time for the second one is immediate, or shorter in relation to my character’s abilities that may block or resist her. And of course, support abilities like cleanse add another layer of invulnerability between cool downs. So, the time to attack and not feed energy is short. I do try to outplay it by bait it out, ignore it and run passed her, but some scenarios can be difficult to overcome depending on the team composition and map.

The next issue is her ability to maintain a substantial amount of energy high enough to maintain a tempo-advantage into the next fight. Once you lose a team fight, you might have stragglers that keep it fed, or people who try to stream back into the fight one by one from spawn keeping her energy charged. So, it requires a lot of coordinated patience to allow time for the energy to go down to a reasonable level to take on a new fight. And if the team isn’t on the same page, it might cost a lot of time trying to get people to slow down which is hard when permitting the objective to progress for the enemy team and regroup to another less advantageous position (giving up a lot of space).

Lastly, it’s a beam weapon so it has some advantages through some abilities like Javelin Spin, Matrix, Kinetic Grasp, etc. I might do better with shield heroes, hero like Winston that can bubble dance to avoid it while and doesn’t give much energy to it, which sometimes gets the Zarya to swap off and mirror, but it really is a team effort and strategy to play around it or to get them off that character or to stay on the same level of effectiveness.

1 Like

Rein is the answer. Slap her

She’s gonna get nerfed.

But it’s taking longer than usual for technical programming reasons.

Bill Warnecke, Why Hotfix Balance Patching took till Dec 12

They should be able to do balance patches way faster going forward.