Zarya is disgustingly balanced and it isn’t even a discussion

If the primary #1 apocalyptic issue with the game is queue times. Why would we want to discourage DPS players from playing the Tank role?

I think the issue is that shes one of the best tanks against Ana who has been overdue for a nerf for awhile. I dont feel outplayed when Ana throws her absurdly powerful AOE death sentence that she gets on an excessively short cooldown for its impact potential.

1 Like

…“The best Tank in the game”? That’s not true at all. D.Va’s tanking abilities are garbage these days, and considering she needs to be up close to deal damage, that’s a problem. Especially when Zarya can shred her mech within about two seconds.

But sure, she’s so incredibly versatile! :point_up: :grimacing:

Did I mention how any counterplay is immediately negated for all heroes in the roster once she gets her bubble out? Have fun being microwaved with nothing you can do if you’re currently lacking in mobility. Unless, of course, you shoot her and make the process quicker…

1 Like

Since Roadhog was “nerfed” in to the ground (even though he really is still kinda op because he can 1 hit combo 200 hp characters), Zayra has been the go to chracter for every Dps player who doesn’t wanna wait in DPS que, Zarya has stupidly strong damage output for and her bubble isn’t hard to use.

she is :frowning:

Uhm hello!

This was the nerf during double barrier meta and when symm was seeing viability

I believe the patch note says that both zarya and symm have the same width beam now.

Everything that makes no sense and people discusses it as if they were right is a joke. Zarya’s the best off-tank by far

2 Likes

I love you for this.

Literally, the only nerf (if any) she needs. I main both her and Sigma, both lead in tank damage, exceeding even Roadhog by about 1K. I’d say both could lose a bit of damage but if they do, they drastically lose the ability to make space. Hog in comparison has his Breather which offsets the difference. Not really thinking they need drastic changes, but maybe a bit of tuning.

Right. So being most picked across the board means nothing I guess.

it isn’t zarya’s or sigma’s job to create space

Sigma is capable of either acting as main tank or off-tank, according to Blizzard (all tanks going forward will be designed for either role according to Blizz). Both can take space (in fact any role / character) can. Who’s job it is varies, but technically, it’s everyone’s.

I’ve lost about 2/3rds of my ranked matches, and most of those losses came down to

A) Does the enemy team have Zarya?
B) Does my team have Zarya?

I’m not the kind of person to get mad at my team for not choosing specific heroes, but lately, I get mad if one of them doesn’t choose Zarya. And I guarantee that for however strong she is on pc, she is twice as strong on console.

2 Likes

I feel the same about two other characters: D.va and Mercy.

Either one, I am more than likely to lose. Hog tends this way as well, I suspect my loss rate with Hog as one of two tanks is well over 50%.

I am not 100% convinced the character is the question, or rather the players who choose them. Hogs play like flanking DPS, D.va just does … whatever, and Mercy is not normally contributing any direct DPS whereas the other team has often two Supports doing some DPS output. I think the players who are attracted to certain characters are part of the real underlying issue.

that got reverted and btw nice try nitpicking the post

he clearly that he was talking about half year stating that she had not had any changes back then that were buffs that are making her strong right now.

is holding rightclick and point towards someone really being skillfull? (widowmaker and ashe)
Is holding rightclick as soldier and holding my mouse down really that skillfull?
Is holding right click at someone and occasionally using flash and rightclicking a skill? (McCree)

you have literally offered no value with that line of yours. it proves nothing. it only shows your bias and ignorance :slight_smile:

you say there is 0 reason, yet you fail to mention why yourself?

The op stated why he thinks zarya is balanced and doesnt not need nerfs, you state she needs a nerf and never say why.

really doesnt help prove a point

Roadhog and Hammond haver higher pickrates than her. Yeah sure she has a higher winrate but that doesnt mean anything when GM there are afew players there. Zarya have 6% pickrate makes have a higher winrate since she less change for a higher loss rate while roadhog who achieved

9.34% PICKRATE THIS WEEK

has 52% winrate. I mean he is beating zarya by a landslide in pickrate in GM and Hammond is beating Zarya by 0.4% but nonetheless has a 54% winrate which is only 2% behind Zarya.

How is Zarya beating every offtank in terms of stats in GM? excatly?

You do realize that comment was made 2 weeks ago?

Oh my bad XD
I thought that this post was new since there were too many new replies

Sorry

1 Like

You bring up an excellent point. Allow Zarya to retain 50% of her weapon charge on res.

Its everyone’s. Ask any coach. You are too locked into definitions my friend. Its the tanks primary responsibility to take space as a main tank; off-tanks “hold” space, but even Supports can make space. Eliminating an enemy is “making space”, keeping an enemy out of an area is “holding space”. I’ve seen every character do both.