đź”· Zarya buff is bigger than you might think

I mentioned Reinhardt is really good, but I noticed the Zarya change is very underrated.

I’m particularly talking about the ammo change. This does two things:

1. She now does a lot more consistent damage. She spends a bit less time reloading now and more time dishing out consistent damage, especially with that radius buff. So now she gains a lot more ult charge and value out of spamming into the enemy team. This also allows her to follow up on gravs a lot more. Essentially if she’s high charge, she can do work against a grouped up team.

1. She is now a bit faster. Not everyone knows this, but when you fire at the ground and jump as Zarya (aka rocket jump), she gains a speed boost. But now with having 5 shots instead of 4, she can maneuver around the map more and get back to the fight a lot quicker.
2 Likes

People aren’t even talking about the Torb buff

I’m hitting up the ptr right now, wanna duo?

Just got off, maybe in a little while :confused:

That’s not a “no” :grin:

It’s a yes but for now “no” :joy:

Zarya does ridiculous damage when she’s meta. Idk why they’re buffing it.

2 Likes

I think they’re trying to force a Rein-Zarya meta on us.

1 Like

Because no one expects it to do anything major towards his performance

Really rude of them to skip Winston’s turn like that.

They tried last patch with Winston/D.Va/Tracer/Lucio buffs.

I think he still benefits a lot with the D.Va DM buff + Moira nerf

1 Like

With no barriers he’s just a headshot magnet.

Lucio buff was a rein buff in disguise.
Imo armor buffs hurt dive too. It’ll be a bit better. But I don’t see how dive will get past “nano boost speed buff but all the time” Reinhardt

Ok but seriously, there should be an army of dwarves celebrating right now.

Besides, he’s a mobility counter

He really isn’t. The turret is a joke at any serious rank. He was working for a while because of his amazing shotgun damage, which ripped shields to bits.

Lol, you mean rip Rein to shreds.
Armor is back tho, maybe they’ll buff it.

I killed Orisa with it a lot too.

Let me tell you, they did not expect to see the shield go down like that. Torb on overload used to have ridiculous shield break.

I don’t know about shield break, I mostly focused on the fact that one after another, Torb’s realized that they could just w+m1 tanks like Reaper.

plus her meta status rarely depended on her own power, but rather her synergy with other heroes (e.g. rein or even hanzo with dragon grav). the massive rein buff could have easily affected zarya’s viability tbh. i dont want another “oh woops seems she’s too powerful now because of our changes gotta nerf her again” thing to happen just like the beam fix

I get that the fact that her viability being bound to Reinhardt and now sort of Winston/sigma can be considered the trade-off for her damage when she is viable, but it’s actually insane how much damage she does. She’s borderline OP when she’s viable.