You're not helping Symmetra

I do play her, thank you very much. I enjoy playing her a lot.

And don’t tell me what to do. How about attacking my actual argument, rather than my qualifications to make such arguments? Like, even if I hadn’t played the game once that doesn’t make my argument wrong. That’s just a sheer logical fallacy.

Maybe I should just make my profile private so I can actually have discussions here, yeesh.

2 Likes

You’re not -making- arguments. You’re simply talking about situations in which Symmetra -may- be able to function decently, which you wouldn’t know if you never played her.

You never put forth any argument as to why or how Symmetra is balanced. You simply say that ‘you can get picks’.

Yeah, every hero can. Doesn’t mean blaster-wielding Mercy is a DPS equivalent to S76 or Tracer.

EDIT: Also, if you DO play her, why aren’t you basing your statements off of your OWN experiences, instead of what you see of others playing her and ‘sheer logic!’?

I am making arguments, actually, to the same degree as the person I was originally replying to.

I have played her, she’s one of my most played heroes in fact. Guess that means I do know what I’m talking about, right?

Who said I was arguing whether or not she is balanced? Not me, go read my posts properly.

I am. It’s a logical combination of different sources, to avoid bias obviously.

Also, I’d like to point out that your profile is private, so currently (Following your logic) you are just as qualified to talk about this as I supposedly am.

2 Likes

Symmetra is a F tier hero since the existence of this game. At this point I doubt this will ever change after 3+ years. She definitely needs a buff, her weapon reworked and given more survivability.

1 Like

YOU omitted that you use your own experiences. That’s why I stated that you don’t know what you’re talking about and assumed you don’t play Symmetra, because otherwise, why would you not use your own experiences?

I’ve been a Symm main forever, but I dropped her after painstakingly trying to get 3.0 to work and finding that it’s just not worth the effort, because Torbjorn does what she does considerably better. TORBJORN!

And no, you still haven’t made an argument.

Incorrect.

If my own experiences was one third, other people’s experiences was one third and sheer logic was another third, then my opinions would mostly be based on those last two things.

Not according to your profile, of course.

Also incorrect. However I’m not going to have an argument about what qualifies as an argument and what doesn’t, mainly because the original argument was based on subjective factors anyway.

2 Likes

And does it SAY you use your own experiences?

No. No it doesn’t. Thus, you omitted it.

Personally I have no issues hitting targets with my primary fire.

If I want to aggressively push doing so with a tank in front of me works well, Reinhardt is particularly helpful.

I can also use my teleporter in a similar way to how a good reaper player will use Shadow step to gain ground. Place it in a spot where the enemy doesn’t have direct line of sight with it, Spots vary on different maps and positions on the map.

Also when I get to a point and lock it down with my team and turrets the enemy will come to me, I just need to have a teleporter setup so if I am in any danger I can get out and come back on my terms.

I am really excited to try the charge speed buff and see how it improves my ability to fight someone from charge level 1. At the moment if they are directly engaging me I am often better off using orbs unless my beam is level 2+

I’ll quote it again, shall I?

What a petty argument anyway.

2 Likes

Don’t act like that was what you meant with ‘also’, because it doesn’t work like that in that sentence, bud, because then you’re trying to say that both your personal experience and the experience of others BOTH take a majority share. Which, surprise, they can’t.

That’s not what you meant with ‘also’. You omitted your personal experiences.

Okay, perhaps it was a bad choice of words? (Like, what else would I mean by putting ‘also’ in that sentence?)

Doesn’t change the fact that this argument is really petty and you have no way of proving any of your side to it.

If you want to continue this discussion on whether or not I previously stated that my personal experiences shape my opinion, then I won’t reply any further. Good day, see you if you want to actually discuss Symmetra. :slight_smile:

1 Like

toxicity? wouldn’t you also be pissed if the devs kept ignoring you and your main? they couldn’t even be bothered to check sym’s damage values, and left them incorrect for eight months until yesterday. eight months. of course the forum is gonna be filled with us voicing our dissapointment

3 Likes

Nerfed? If it is about bug fix - well that’s fair
If about armor:

It kinda is, but i don’t think only that will make her viable

don’t worry mate, devs know better than you do :wink:

You got a buff, stop complaining and go test it out.

It’s funny how ignorant people can be on here thinking the devs have no idea what they are doing. as if it’s so simple, a forum commenter can do better.
Most of the time when we want heroes buffed, it’s in a bubble with no regard to the chain effects of other heroes.

1 Like

I agree with all, thats all the help that actually Symmetra needs!

im going to say this and hopefully it makes people stop and think for a sec about some of the things being said

The symmetra crowd is dangerously close to becoming the forum mercy crowd…i don’t think you want that stigma

She just got a undeniable buff…days after a minuscule situational nerf…be thankful for the victories you achieve and stop making everything that happens an example of how you are you are being ignored

1 Like

I disagree. I find 1v1’s with her to be fun and not too difficult, and a won fight leads to the ability to melt other people.