Your thoughts on New heroes sharing weapon types?

Like new pistols, assault riffles, bows, shotguns, and the likes.

Of course not exactly the same of course.

2 Likes

I’d like this, but this would be more of a battle royal

How so? as It’s not like a new shot gun has to be better or worse then reapers?

Oh! I was confused by the question. Um, I’m not really sure. I think what you mean is heroes are classed by weapon type?

I mean a new hero that has their like McCree has a pistol as a primary weapon.

Got it. Ok, I think I get it now. I would love to see a new pistol themed hero, so I support this.

3 Likes
8 Likes

OMG I LOVE this. This as an LTM please

So, you’re saying to imagine multiple D.Vas per team? Oh boy, I can already picture the front page on the forums now, and it ain’t pretty. :roll_eyes:

Would be disappointed if there’s still no flamethrower hero by the end of OW2’s run.

Mei is basically that in OW2, as they removed the hard freeze in favor of more damage.

It’s about the aesthetic though. Hence “flamethrower”, not “spray weapon.”

3 Likes

understandable, I honestly wanted junker queen to have one for quite a while.

1 Like

I would not mind but I would also hope for new weapon types. I would like a hero that uses a Webley automatic revolver.

All I want is a proper shotgun. That’s it. Something like the Semi-Auto Shotgun from Red Dead Redemption 2…
:point_up: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I think reusing them is great if done well, and they’ve already kinda done it. Can’t have everything be a wacky new concept every time

2 Likes

People (not just devs but also a lot of fans) seems to want the game to continue in a direction that has everything be “unique”. NO shared abilities, NO shared weapons and NO reused effects (like only 1 hero can speed boost, only 1 hero can hack and only 1 hero can anti heal).

I think it would probably make it easier for the balance team if there was some minor overlaps but what do I know.

4 Likes

Having every new hero’s kit be overly unique is what created this new wave of generalist heroes with bloated kits. It’s a terrible path to go down.

2 Likes

I have a concept for one, where his fire is similar to Sym’s beam but refreshes after every clip, and a few other things.

It’d make sense in-universe, OW was a special operations unit and would have something approximating standardized loadouts in addition to any specialiist weaponry individual members would bring.
And if we’re talking Red Dead weapons, I’d be down for some LeMats or a Bolt Action.

1 Like