Your Overwatch admits it: Genji has no counters

Your Overwatch - one of the Youtube channels which Blizzard has paid to come and report on Blizzcon and Overwatch League - made a video discussing the counters for every hero.

When they got to Genji, they admitted it: Genji has no counters.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjigO6zhOHU#t=14m20s

Can we PLEASE nerf Genji now? He’s been the king of the DPS for way too long.

Doomfist is finally starting to approach Genji pick rates, and he’s getting nerfed. It’s time to bring Genji down to the level of everyone else.

44 Likes

Since when is your overwatch credible did I teleport to another universe

260 Likes

I’ll admit that genji is overtuned but Moira and Brigitte aren’t bad against him. Sym turrets are fine too esp if they continue to buff her beam / survivability / tp speed.

Also this.

30 Likes

I mean, they said he has no counters insofar as “there is no hero that you can swap to with zero hours played, press E and kill Genji”.

The next two minutes of the video were dedicated to describing how you can deny him value even if he plays perfectly.

41 Likes

It’s a channel that Blizzard apparently follows and has a high viewership among Overwatch players.

When they make a video discussing the counters for each hero, and they admit Genji has no counters, it shows hes a problem.

7 Likes

There’s no problem with genji. If you get killed by a genji he deserves that kill.

43 Likes

Em, no. Why you would want to nerf him? Sure he is obnoxious and players you encounter tend to think they are pro, leet, smarter and better than everybody else because they play Genji but it boils down to your own skill. If you are better than Genji you will beat him.

6 Likes

Uh oh , here comes the weeb squad!

8 Likes

I’m a support player and Genji is fine.

Stop giving views to that guy when he doesn’t deserve them.

46 Likes

There is a certain ape that is also a scientist would like to have a word.

53 Likes

Well people will talk crap about Stylosa until he says something they agree with then he is suddenly the saint of the topic.

I see this being no different.

14 Likes

That’s not what they said. They said you can try to jump at him with D.Va and Winston, but he can outplay that strategy. The alternative is to pick heroes and try to kill the enemy faster than he kills your team - which isn’t a counter in any fashion and could be said about any hero in the game. If that’s Genji’s ‘counter’, then Genji has no counters.

3 Likes

Your Overwatch… lmao.

Guess they don’t play tanks and supports, so they don’t know about Winston, Moira and Brigitte existing. I very much wonder about the last one.

12 Likes

That is what they said, though. Literally every statement they made was with the qualifier that “Genji is playing a survival focused strategy, playing solely for Blade, and doing it perfectly”. He is otherwise easy to kill, and a Genji that is only playing for Blade is disadvantaging his team when he doesn’t have it up.

If “he has no counters” was the message they wanted to portray, they would not have described ways of denying him value both offensively and defensively.

3 Likes

Saying Genji is strong is one thing. Saying he has no counters is a completely different kind of delusional. Winston, Brigitte, Moira, Doomfist, Mei, even Pharah to some degree. These are heroes in the same game. They all have a reliable way to kill Genji through deflect and all apart from Brig and Mei have a way to keep up with him after he dashes.

4 Likes

Excuse me. He’s not an ape. He’s a scientist!

4 Likes

Winston literally counters Genji

4 Likes

Ahem… Moira…

1 Like

Winston doesn’t counter Genji. He’s just more inconvenient to fight than other heroes. Winston is way more effective against pretty much every 200 hp hero than against Genji.

2 Likes

Moira, Winston, so on.
Oh and since when has Your Overwatch been a credible source?

3 Likes