"Your most dangerous enemies have loudest weapons and footsteps"

tell that to the enemy Zenyatta

3 Likes

Always found it weird how it sounds like Mercy is walking around in stiletto heels as if she’s gonna assassinate you meanwhile the heroes who are probably gonna kill you are quieter or less noticeable lmfao.

2 Likes

personally I want ally footsteps to be even lower and enemy footsteps louder. To me, they are both equally loud.

It’s so ironic. 20 characters

You don’t hear footsteps until you’re about 10m away, anyway. And that’s when it’s dead silent AND you’re still (so your footsteps don’t drown out other footsteps). Reaper’s steps are disgustingly loud tho, for some reason. Like the dude tacked on extra leather soles on to the bottom of his boots to appear taller - but he’s still short and now has ridiculous sounding boots.

His arrows should really have more of a WHOOSHing sound given how dangerous they are. He doesn’t get a trail that points to where he is and his arrows don’t make loud sounds. You can only hear them if they hit something near you or if you are near him. His footsteps and wallclimbing/etc are fine, though. It’s his weapon that’s problematic… Sure arrows/bows aren’t too loud, but we’re not balancing this game around realism (obviously). We’re balancing it around fairness (hopefully). Louder arrow whoosh, louder bow plucks, maybe louder hums/activations sounds + arm glow for Storm Arrows.

2 Likes

I actually can’t remember

do people like Tracer and Genji even have footstep sounds?

I feel like I only know they’re around because you obviously hear Tracer’s blink or Genji’s shurikens

Wooden clogs? More like metal cymbals

1 Like

Imagine if the Spy from TF2 always yelled something after uncloaking or using a disguise. Would ruin his gameplay, right? Or even better, whenever he gets a backstab have the sound effect echo throughout the entire map for the whole team on both sides to hear it. That way everyone will know there’s a spy somewhere. Kind of like how ultimates are screamed over a megaphone in this game.

The Dead Ringer?

she’s actually pretty distinct when shes walking on most hard surfaces.
It’s when she scopes in she seems to step into a vacuum.

1 Like

I’ve never understood why Sombra’s “dangerous” peashooter can be heard by players in another map.

1 Like

Zenyatta doesn’t even take any footsteps but I’d argue he’s one of the more dangerous supports.

Meanwhile Lucio won’t shut up.

2 Likes

AWWWW YEAH

I swear Mercy’s footsteps are the loudest. I always think Widow is behind me.

LOL yes, as someone who plays Zen I find this hilarious as well. It is however a general guide not an absolute.

But he is suppose to be the silent assassin ninja!

The hook chain behind you catch dink 100.

CHING CHING CHING

Orisa is probably the loudest character in the game running around and shooting

Sombra’s SMG has also been weirdly loud since the last update; like to the point of it being ridiculous. It’s so loud that I ALWAYS know where Sombra is, and sometimes it can even drown out other guns in combat

Pharah’s jets are too quiet on the other hand; You can hardly hear them over the sound of your own reload or jumping.

I dunno; some of the sound queues in this game are VERY weird and backwards

Out of all heroes with heels (Sym, Mercy, Widow) Syms are the loudest, Widow is second, and Mercy is third.

Sound is everything in OW though. I can identify exactly who destroyed my turret(s) solely based on the sound of their gunfire/arrows/whatever colliding with the turret (you can hear it anywhere in the map regardless of distance).

If there is one sound that is truly problematic, it’s sonic arrow. Yes, if you see Hanzo fire it, it has the sonic wave around it. If you see it clipping through a wall, you can see the different arrowhead. Once it lands, you can hear a slight ring, but it’s gone as soon as you hear it. This sound should persist so you can know without a doubt sonic arrow is active.