Your games ranking system is complete hot garbage

not enough people playing, arcade uses quickplay mmr and that masters player hasn’t played arcade or qp for a long time?

also arcade and qp favors queue time way more over skill balance than ranked does

That’s a fallacy at best.

How do you get better if you never play someone better or worse than you?

You don’t, because you are not exposed to any skill you can learn from. Even watching videos can only teach you so much, the rest you just have to learn trial by fire. There’s a reason GM’s are GM’s. And just watching a video doesn’t allow you to feel the reason why they are 2000 rank higher than you.

You can literally mathematically prove that fact with the same algorithm Blizzard uses to keep you in elo hell (that does “not” exist)

I always find it funny how many times I read about someone who thinks they don’t belong in bronze, to complain about how brain dead bronze players are. Personally I’ve encountered more brain dead players in gold, because they are the ones good enough to carry themselves out of bronze, but stubborn enough that they think they are so great they don’t need to adapt.

yeah that’s why people are stuck for 10 seasons in gold being level 800 ect. because you don’t improve from just playing the game

and i’m not speaking of elo hell, all you need to do to climb is IMPROVE, and you do that by doing vod reviews, watching pros, analyzing your deaths, training aim, etc.

not by playing ranked as you always did, then blame your team for losing and go cry on the forums about elo hell

thing is after improving and winning for a while you reach the next plateau and play against people of the same relative skill again, which then feels the same as playing before improving

While you are correct that it is roughly the same MMR, it is not always the same SR range. If your MMR is too high, you willl only match with players smurfing where you actually belong.

SImple PBSR abuse. The harder you pop off, the deeper the hole. Because you can’t control the actions of five other players, and if even one of them is a smurf and throws, you will lose. It’s as old as the ladder, it can be abused to push people down.

Matchmaking is there for a REASON. Exploiting matchmaking by concealing your true skill on the heroes you play, unbalances the entire match.

When the system thinks you should be able to carry, you get a bunch of literal bots on your team that are struggling, and if you were playing against real players in your actual rank. You would carry. But you can’t carry in gold against high plat and diamond players when your team sucks and doesn’t help you, or push objectives. DPS is DESIGNED to REQUIRE healing. Bad support players do not understand this. The level 25 Moira blasting people in the face with coalescence knows that they don’t have to win the game to climb. They just need to exploit the PBSR stat that grants the most SR for Moira. Coalescence kills.

High ranked players know how to abuse PBSR, they used the system to climb in the first place. Smurfs in gold know that good players will attempt this as well, so they solo ult you into oblivion and hard focus you of the game to deal you as many deaths as possible (so you won’t climb) as DEATHS are the single biggest factor in LOSING SR under PBSR.

This ties in to the age old FPS Stats that make a ladder. KDR. Your KDR and your accuracy stats tell the system how good you are. Good players die less, they know how to utilize the environment to mitigate damage, and how to move in an open ground duel.

The smurfs want to gaslight you on these forums, and hit you with the “you are where you belong” garbage. So they must stop you from carrying at all costs. Junkrat riptires and spawn solo shatters will make it so you can’t play the game. Hard focus makes it so you can’t good shots (you’re constantly heavily pressured, so you miss a lot more).

It’s a sick game, and it’s as old as the ladder. Valve dropped the whole bell curve system for CS because it’s just too easy to exploit. Scalene solves this issue, you can’t de-rank to do this crap.

Why do they do this? They are jealous of better players, or maybe they just don’t like you. Why did one bitter little turd affect thousands of ranked games in the process of griefing and stream sniping timthetatman? Even 20 organized hard stuck bitter aimless plats is enough to break the whole ladder in that bracket.

1 Like

4 years later still a dumpster fire.

One player on your team was killing everyone but one player on their team and vice versa. Sounds like you were pretty evenly matched.

It would be good if placement games went only on your personal performance. Wins and losses didn’t matter, and gave you a real chance to claw back some SR if you played well.

As it stands you end up around the same rank regardless of what you do. Lose all 5 or win all 5 it doesn’t seem to matter much.

I wouldn’t worry about your silver placement on PS4 though. The player base is so low right now that silver, gold and plat players are often thrown into the same matches anyway.

Absolutely fantastic post well said!

:smirk_cat: :+1:

Didn’t read, also didn’t blame my poor performance on others or the matchmaker

3 Likes

Wasn’t worth reading, the dude necro’d a 3 year old post lol.

3 Likes

Summarize this for a second-grade student:
The person writing this is saying that they don't think the ranking system for Overwatch is fair. They say that they have been playing for a long time and they are not ranked as high as they think they should be. They say that they have tried to improve their ranking by playing better, but it hasn't worked. They think that Blizzard, the company that made Overwatch, should do something to fix the ranking system.

2 Likes

this ranking system is trash. rank or not most games are stomps which is because this game isnt trying to make good matches its trying to crank out numbers and force grinds to waste peoples time. OW1 is bad OW2 is total trash. this game will be dead in 18 months

I’ve actually considered that the person who created the matchmaker doesn’t know what they’re doing, so when your win rate goes up they just put you in matches where you have a 20% chance of winning to get it back to 50% so it looks like they’re doing their job correctly. They can show a bunch of reports to their boss “see? win rates are around 50% so my matchmaker is pretty good durrrrr”

Yes match maker is complete bs…
39K0W0
The s76 on the enemy team …inspected him (o lnow a open profile crazy!) He was masters in in role que DPS! Yes it was open que but what the hell bliz??? Im barely plat/high gold. My team had ZERO chance he killee me like he had a wall hack/aimbot (wouldnt be surprized it he really did) but THIS shouldnt happen in a competative game.

Another hard stuck poster looking for a participation trophy :trophy: :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Yes, it is what it is. Bear in mind that:

1. Your contribution is around 16% (±X from your performance) from the match outcome
  2. Flex passes completely ruined the game => ONLY wins should grant passes, if that is in play
  3. I started pretty strong this season with 62% hooks and 18 hooked enemies in 10 mins (I believe it is strong for Hog, can’t confirm though) and still going 50% wins/losses

That is the problem with the current system you may be as good as plat but stuck to bronze because you just can’t go 1v5 to win (unless you are extremely lucky that the others come at you one by one).

Just to clarify I know I am not that good but, that doesn’t mean the current elo system is BS, you just can’t use ELO in team based matches.

There is a better solution imho, the system they used in ghost recon phantoms.
You would get points for kills, correct uses of abilities etc…, basically a scoring for your personal performance. With this performance score the system should out weigh and compares your performance in relation to the ranks of you and the players in the match. With performance I mean for example how much healing you have done as a support or damage as a dps, etc. With extra points to the things you do outside your basic role like damage done as support, etc. So this way if for example you lose against a higher ranked team but still outperformed them than you still could gain some SR although not as much as if you would have won off course. But in the other way around is also true if you lose against a lower ranked team and couldn’t outperform them, you would go down in rank drastically. Also let say you win against a lower ranked team because you where carried so you didn’t performed well so you’d still have a change to lose rank, but again not as much as just losing or just playing bad.

true, and you’re not supposed to, this is a team game and you trying to go 1v5 is equal to (soft) throwing