Your $20 derankng smurfs are fun to play against

You may call me Jess. I don’t know about the Reaper thing, I’ll be working.

1 Like

you know that the problem with alts or smurfs is that people get bored to play this “new hero they wanted to learn” and switch between their good heroes and bad heroes… this is what ruins the matchmaking and blizzard cannot do anything about it.

blizz wants to set new standards to gaming (and they already did) but they dont do anything for the longterm enjoyment of the game.

1 Like

This isn’t true. I did absolutely nothing in placements season 9 I think. I placed 200sr lower than my season 8 finish. That’s like a daily sr swing.

Try it for yourself if you don’t believe me.

Conversely I stacked and sweaty tryharded my placements and gained 300sr one season. Now I’m pretty meh about the whole deal.

Lets not forget there are smurfing services !

Smurfing isn’t.

Throwing and Boosting is.

Report people who are throwing. Jeff told us not to bother to report boosting as they have a separate internal system they are working on for that.

1 Like

Report button? You mean the thing that MIGHT ban them AFTER the match?

Doesn’t stop the fact they just completely ruined your match. And then the next one. And then the one after that was ruined by yet another smurf.

Gold and platinum is absolutely LITTERED with smurfs.

why do you act like they are never on your team?

they really arnt that big of a problem just play counters and focus them, I used to be in gold and thats what I did and would you look at that they didnt become a problem

Same. I started playing because of the first Free Weekend during the first Anniversary Event.

Never would have played if not for that.

did you know that it took me nearly 40 games to get from diamond to plat. its not going to be fast, 60 games really isnt much

I’ve reported smurfs who are on my team. Why? Because they mean I don’t get to do anything and in spite of winning I gain like 20SR instead of the 25+ if I’m actually being allowed to work.

They ruin the game for everyone, they need actions against them.

1 Like

dude, they really arnt that big of a problem, your going to win some and lose some, and yes a smurf will really help you win or really help you lose but its never going to stop happening to instead of sitting here conplaining about it like a bird just get over it! you dont even have to deal with the bad ones, in diamond we like actually get hackers and top 500 smurfs while you guys over here get diamond and plat smurfs, you just have to counter them!

the best way to make smurfs less of a problem is just to get better, as you go higher up in ranks you get less smurfs (however better players and some cheaters) so just pick up a hero like mercy/symmetra (although idk if sym is really that great for ranking up anymore) becasue thats what I did to get up in ranks

There’s like, a half dozen threads on the first page of the forums. Clearly they are a problem and having a very negative impact on game quality, even if it might even out. Doesn’t change that they mean bad matches.

2 Likes

The learning curve in this game is a steep aside from smurfs, de-rankers, toxic players and throwers you are tossed into the salad bowl with veteran players who show no mercy on the battle field.

I can see where a new player would become discouraged from continuing the game or investing into it. They die and see defeat more than not and put the game down to find something where they don’t get frustrated or angry.

Depends.

If you played during the rank in matches badly (=throwing) to end up in say gold instead of Master where your actual rank is, its reportable. Its gameplay sabotage in some way I read around here.

If you are “smurfing” by buying a new copy of the game, gettin back into the fight and just playing as best as you could and try to rank in higher or similarly to your OG rank, its not reportable.

Well the game itself has issues to start with. Its not normal to be playing Ana for example at diamond/masters level with a decently positive winrate, make smurf to practice-onetrick her and get placed at mid gold only to see darts and nanos being a waste and a negative winrate 1k sr+ less than where I belong. I’ll switch to heroes that i can have at least 3.5-4 k:d ratio consistently.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

Wait, do you genuinely want a button that bans people the moment you press it or am I misunderstanding?

I feel like you missed an /s on your post, OP

I tried to smurf only to find that I’m a casual plat. There isn’t any threads about all those wanna be try hard smurfs.

FeelsBadMan
-20$

they should honestly IP ban or something… I can’t fathom what it’s like for actually new players to match against GM smurfs when they first start.

it must be soooo… funnnnnnn… for the smurfs to be winning over someone that is clearly way outside their skill level… ha ha! yes what a fun thing to do! LOL as the young ones say!

deranking is only reportable if your throwing. aslong as the person is just trying too climb smurfing is fine.

this has been stated many times

1 Like