You wanna play DPS?

Thank you for having some sense. Why do people think random people online are sheep meant to be herded? If people knew so much, they wouldn’t be at the rank they’re at. Everyone has their reasons for not climbing but these “shot caller” types I bet are hindered by the fact that they want to call the shots and tilt easily when everyone isn’t listening to their directions.

I find the best players in gold-plat are those that play off instinct and can react to things and improvise instead of those who want to tell everyone what to do. I also find that when someone is left alone to do what they do is when people make big plays out of nowhere. If the tracer wants to flank, stop spamming group up. If the rein is playing aggressively, let him. Match his tempo.

So many times I’ve heard someone try to tell someone else what to do in VC only for that person who’s being told what to do make big plays out of nowhere. Often times this “shot caller” still won’t shut up after people prove themselves.

1 Like

Its not about blindly listening to what your teammates say, nor is it about ignoring everything they say. Its about considering how to best help your team and if your teammate has a point. Like when I play I hear bad ideas all the time and if I think its a bad idea I will let them know or suggest a better idea, or if they have a point but they are also at fault I will say okay lets do that, but also you should do this. Its about communicating with your team and not “your idea or my idea”

And you shouldn’t really judge whether or not a switch is a good idea based on how you perceive that person is doing on their role. If they’re on a bad character, then yes let them know but if they make a good point then say we should both switch. I recommend people to switch characters nearly every game I play, so I guess 90% of the time I’m not doing anything then :slight_smile:

Tanks need to pick a shield tank because that is the meta majority of the time. Running two dive tanks into snipers seems like a good idea until you realize both those snipers are getting pocketed and supported by a full team, meanwhile your team is left out to dry and are easy picks. Running a fully-coordinated dive in matchmaking isn’t that easy when you’re playing with randos who may or may not even have mics, especially not when bunker comp can easily put an end to that.

And they might not always listen to you, but if you phrase it the right way they will be more inclined to. For instance, saying “hey I think this character would be a good pick because of reason x” or if they’re on a bad character “hey could you play this character instead because reason x”, People actually listen to my suggestions a lot because I try to phrase it as gently and constructively as possible.

I’ve found how you say it is equally as important as what you say

1 Like

Obviously you struggle with simple comprehension skills. I never spoke for anybody but myself. Go away you neanderthal.

I just walked into this thread to see this. I have no idea what you guys are saying to each other but you sound like a pompous loser with a punchable face. Get off the forums & get a life.

3 Likes

I’m not gonna disagree with anything you wrote because you’re right on a lot of it. Fine, sometimes people do make good suggestions. But my point remains that the ability to accomodate yourself, react to situations, and just play your best with the lineup you got is equally as important as it is for people to “suggest” things.

I personally don’t like to talk in VC but I listen. Still though, I have the most fun in this game when plays are made without communication like my teammates are reading my mind. For every soldier that complains about not having a shield there is a Sombra who EMPS the enemy every time I D.va bomb just off of pure reaction. For every DPS that complains about me diving in or “feeding” there is another who reacts off the space or diversion I create and instantly kill them all everytime I push in.

When everyone is focused, there isn’t really much need for communication. I like to play in that type of atmosphere where you can trust your teammates to do their job and you can focus on doing yours. Often times, games with no one in VC is the games where everyone seems to be the most in sync.

Tanks and supports can play whatever they want.If your a DPS player that relies on others it means your just bad.The complaints have been about team lacking sheikd tanks and therefore the DPS dies.No the DPS dies because he’s bad with bad positioning.

In overwatch as a DPS main there’s always a way to any situation.

Oh really?

Emphasis mine to showcase where you spoke for more than just yourself.

I’ll post where I like, thanks.

2 Likes

LOL. Oh no whatever will I do without these forums. Yeah someone with over 2000 posts would probably… never mind. You are a sad person.

You are an incredibly selfish dps main masquerading as a tank player so you can have low queue time. The team with no shield tank is the team that loses +75% of the time. You’d be better off playing zen brig for heals than going two off tanks. Just because you don’t know the absolute basics of how to make a decent team comp doesn’t mean dps are wrong to want a main tank. 4-1-1 is 3x as viable as two offtanks feeding ults the entire game.

That’s not the best thing to do at all.

1 Like

You know. I had many games lost just because people were stubborn and didnt listen and didnt switch. If i see a problem in team composition I say it. I say what certain person should pick. I will usualy not force it tho. I just make suggestion and explain why. I dont care if someone is having bad game or someone is able to not do so much while we are doing ok as team. But if someone is doing poorly on his hero and is hard countered and team is losing because of that, or even if we have very bad team comp, i have no problem to say it and i expect some hero switching.

2 Likes

Why do you believe that? Elaborate.

100 percent of all my won matches have not been with me on voice comms. Not only that, but my winrate has done nothing but go up since i started staying out of voice chat. Regardless of your confirmation bias, why do you think our experiences are so different? Maybe because voice comms have nothing to do with our wins and losses? No, that couldn’t be it, right?

3 Likes

While its not impossible to win with no communication, that’s the exception.

Communication is a key component of teamwork, and teamwork is required to win.

1 Like

Being not in voice will not win more games. Its just individual thing. Someone who is active in voice and doing important call has bigger chance to win games. If you have problems to comunicate or focus while others talk, it can help you to win more games not being there i guess. But you always have to think about it as team game. You not being in voice can can be advatage for you but can be disadvantage for your team too at the same time.

This thread is a trainwreck.

1 Like

But it’s a team game?

The team who simply plays what they want will have a harder time against a team who pick heros that synergize with eachother, and this is moreso apparent with role queue since you don’t give your team a better winrate by existing as a healer or tank.

This is 100% correct. I’m a DPS main but I play all 3 roles, with tanks I only get questioned about Hammond but people usually apologize once they see me smacking the enemies around. As healer people almost never question me even though I know playing whatever healer I’m on is suboptimal.

With DPS however it doesn’t matter… can have 50%+ crit rate getting entry every fight with widow and win the game and some clueless tank/support will still question you about it. Not too long ago I got flamed for playing doomfist “for not doing anything” in which my team called that guy a god damn moron because I had secured both first and 2nd point on eichenwalde by myself getting 4 entry frags on point A and 5 on point B.

6 Likes

There is a difference between saying something once then letting it go and crying for 5 minutes about how terrible the comp and team is. My question is why do people take it upon themselves to tell everybody what to do? I’ve won many many games without a shield. Before role queue I’ve won many games with 6 DPS, no heal, no tanks. I’ve won many 5v6 after a teammate left. I’ve won in spite of a Mei repeatedly trying to wall teammates in and troll then eventually leave. I’ve even had games when someone was throwing and then decide to actually play after watching our team destroy the enemy. You know what most of these games had in common? No one was directing others in VC or getting tilted because the team wasn’t lisening to him. In fact, there was no one at all in VC in most of these games.

If you have friends that listen to your shot-calling, play with them. Just don’t expect people online to listen. And if nobody is listening, just let it go and try your hardest within the limited capacity you have. Stop blaming others for losses and you do what you can to contribute.

If a shield tank is so mandatory, why am I able to win repeatedly without one as long as there’s not someone in the VC complaining and b****** for 10 minutes?

1 Like