You wanna know why that "trash" DPS isn't switching?

Yeah, I don’t find any problems with my approach, personally. Your mileage may vary.

A great example and pretty much why they should remove PBSR.
Sometimes below substandard is enough to get the job done while a premium performance just doesn’t add anything impactful.
Basically you reward someone for making a poor choice yet you increase (or decrease less) his Skill Rating.
PS: Not blaming you, I do the same when I try to climb.

flankers punish healers mistakes, moira counters every single flanker, and almost every dps and every dive tank

Flankers are good at taking advantageous fights due to their superior mobility and escape moves. They’re also difficult to hit with projectiles due to their slim hit boxes and erratic movement. This makes them naturally good against a number of supports.

However, if the supports find they’re being repeatedly killed off while the enemy is engaging their own damage/tanks, they also have options to pick supports that trade a mix of utility/damage/healing for survivability. They won’t be able to kill the flanker, but force them away and make it difficult enough to consider swapping to someone that puts out more damage.

I’m scrappy AF. I will take any and all advantages to get out of elo hell.

But then someone leaves a game

cries

The actual problem is linking SR to individuals while its a team game.

There is a limit to what you can do and perform without the help of five other people in a team

until you have supports who can shut them down

you mean shut them down so hard that goats becomes meta? and by more damage you mean tht can deal damage from afar ? like hanzo and widow? the two counter meta dps ? and then all the others are useless?

that only works until get you get to Diamond.

Isn’t diamond still better than silver though?

cries again

Of course it’s not going to be a personal problem for you, I’m saying how your approach affects other people.

Not necessarily shut down but definitely make it harder. That’s how counters work…

Not necessarily. Goats is a combination of a whole team of that covers each other’s weaknesses exceptionally well.

Bingo! Doesn’t have to be Hanzo/Widow though. The Damage roster has a large number of chars in it. Bit of a shame that Junkrat/Pharah/Bastion/etc, natural goats counters, are too weak…:thinking:

Did I mention that a big part of it is establishing rapport beforehand?

I do stress that in most of my posts about communicating.

counter give you an advantage, genji’s mobility and deflect is an advantage over zen, yet zen’s huge balls can destroy a genji by baiting his abilities.
ana’s sleep can outplay the tracer with range knowledge and baiting
baptiste can outplay widow but dropping his lamp out of her los, but never shuts them down

moira: flanker? healyourself while damaging them
they land they shots? heal orb? they try to run away ? damage orb
they get the better of you? fade back to a healthpack or your teammates

brgitte:
dps shoots you? shieldback to your position
they try to flank you? shieldbash, and win by outlasting them with your shield and healing, while dealing damage

brig and moira SHUT DOWN ALL FLANKERS

an their biggest weakness is flankers killing the supports

underpowered/underpowered/underpowered
but also:
frustrating to play against
because when these heros were meta, they were just as hated as goats since they brig even worse games to the table, like pirate ship, and mercy junk spam and pharmercy aka aimbot or die
there is a reason why these three are the most hated in the low ranks, or were before brig was added

:rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

In essence, the idiocy of “maining” is ruining the game. People think they absolutely HAVE to play that 1 hero all the time. That’s counter productive in a game like Overwatch, you’re suppose to be proficient with as many heroes as possible, switching and countering is imperative if you’re going to have a chance to succeed.

Get of your maining high horse and start switching heroes accordingly. There’s a roster for a whole heap of heroes to choose from. Sometimes you have to play a healer or tank, that’s just how the game is designed.

This is like… not even remotely close to true. Moira soft-counters Genji. If the other flankers die to her, then they should either not play those heroes, or re-evaluate their approach on fighting Moira.

Let me guess, you also believe her succ beam is a lock-on.

1 Like

shuts down*

they get hardcounter then

you mean get good ? like get to a higher rank in order to beat a hero played at the same rank level? it’s called being overpowered.

it’s not lockon but it requires 0 aim bcz if the huge hitbox, it’s just like lock on

No, she soft-counters him. A Genji who keeps his distance from Moira and builds his ult can take her out with dragonblade with no issues. Moira has trouble healing herself outside of heal ball and succ beam, and all he has to do is wait for her to use fade and he’s got her.

No, they won’t. If you can’t fight a Moira up close, then fight her from further away. Or you know, ask one of your healers to switch to Ana and hard-counter Moira’s healing entirely with anti-nade. Please explain to me in precise detail how Moira counters any flanker other than Genji.

She’s hardly overpowered. She brings 0 utility, and can only do mediocre tickle damage or short-ranged aoe healing. I mean are you really that scared of a 50 dps tickle beam? It sounds to me like you psych yourself out and that’s 99.9 percent of your issues with Moira.

It only requires 0 aim if your enemy is in your face because they are filling your screen with their body and then whining about it afterwards. If you stay even 5 meters away from her, it becomes harder for her to hit you with the beam. If you fight her from a distance, she can’t succ you, then she can’t heal her team because she can’t get any resources from any enemies, then her team crumbles around her and dies. What good is Moira doing on her own while her whole team is dead cause nobody fed her succ beam resources?

can’t do his job which is killing healers quick

that’s not genji’s job, then you have to go for a sniper, and thus yo’ure getting hardcountered

and thus you got hardcountered

this is a lie and stats show that her tickle having such a huge uptime makes it one of the highest damage sources in the game

it sounds like that, i guess having moira in everygame and being forced to play hanzo is getting on my nerves

and this is a lie
it requires no aim, and everyone knows it, i’d ask for a minimum of respect for you not insulting my knowledge of the hero’s kit.

you mean no one could fed her 20m no aim beam that heals her and needs no reload while she can press shift at anymoment not to die?
drop the recharge gemmick give her a cooldown that triggers if the meter empties and fasten up the autorealod
then drop some of her i dont die and i can flank bs

in the video i sent there are proofs that she requires no aim and hardcoutnered every flanker btw

Built your ult then, and dragonblade her face off.

By what? You’re making an awful lot of assumptions about Moira’s team comp. We’re just talking about Moira here. Plus, no, you don’t have to play a sniper. There are plenty of other long-range heroes. In addition, Genji can do very good shuriken damage from a distance. Moira can’t heal herself without succ except with heal ball, which is on a cooldown. On top of this, Moira’s succ beam only does 50 dps, and only HEALS HER for 25 hps. Genji does way more than 25 dps. Whittle her health down, bait out that fade, and kick her butt.

That video is not what I asked you for. I asked YOU to tell me how YOU think Moira ‘hard counters’ every single flanker.

Because Ana is suddenly not the best healer on the roster with a toolkit especially designed to counter aoe healing like Moira’s?

It’s 50 dps. I have an idea. If you’re hitting Moira, and she’s succing you, try to not let her do it for four seconds straight and uninterrupted?

You don’t have to play Hanzo. There’s options out there, and every game is different. You’re enslaving yourself to this mindset that only certain heroes are viable and any other hero is automatically hard countered, and that’s just not true. Some heroes are weaker than others, sure. But since we’re just talking about dealing with Moira, you could take Reaper for example. He is fully capable of getting the backline and destroying Moira. She can’t outheal his dps, she can’t shut down his self-healing, and she relies on the rest of her team turning around and dealing with him, which doesn’t happen as often as it should.

Fade has a relatively long cooldown in comparison to DPS cooldowns. You can bait it out the same way you’d bait any other long-CD ability like Cree’s flashbang (who can also destroy Moira since she’s dead before the stun wears off and you can’t fade when stunned… though if you’re playing Cree as a flanker, that’s a HUUUUUGE part of the problem right there.).

See that’s only in lower elos. A Moira playing as a flanker is nothing but a squishy target. I laugh my butt off whenever I see a Moira doing that, and ask them if they think they’re Tracer. If your team is having trouble with a MOIRA flanking them, then I’m sorry, your team should all just uninstall because she’d be dead in less than a second if they turned around and hit her.

I’m trying to help you, but your negativity is really hurting you. A huge chunk of playing this game is your mindset. If you think you’ve already lost, then you certainly will.

1 Like

Not to me, as far as I recall.