You wanna know why that "trash" DPS isn't switching?

Hold on to your hats, this is gonna blow some minds: Because if he does, and wins, he’s going to have an even harder time the next game playing with the hero he had to switch off of. Because he’s on a higher rank. If he always switches, in a few games he never plays the hero he wants.

That’s why the “trash” DPS doesn’t switch. “But muh counters!” That’s another topic, of course the situation is different then.

11 Likes

No because I lose very less SR (close to 10-12) and gain a hella lot (we are talking 30-32) if I pick my main

If I can’t make my best hero work, I would be much below substandard on the others.

That is why my profile is private now

9 Likes

I had totaly differend problem once
I played with dps who in one round played almost every dps hero in one round… swiching after every time he runnes of solo and die…
Yea… sometimes is good to swich to counter other team, but use brain with that to.

2 Likes

counters shouldnt be such a huge deal, you should outpower your counter if you’re better then him
#deletemoira

2 Likes

I still say that the #1 skill to perfect on every hero that you play, is to know when to switch off. I appreciate that you don’t want to dilute your skill edge by flexing too hard, though. A good goal, I think, is to have the lowest number of heroes in your pool that fits well in almost all situations.

I used to boast about having 10 heroes in my roster, but over time I found that it was better to whittle it down. Right now I am sitting at 6, with 4 being used pretty regularly and another 2 ‘as needed’. The ‘ideal’ number probably varies a lot by player and how much you play and by what heroes are included in their roster… but the ‘ideal’ number is very likely not ‘one’ for anyone.

Also, suggestions and comments are fine, but NEVER harangue anyone over their hero choice. It is PROFOUNDLY unproductive, never leading to good results and always leading to bad results.

“Hey _____, you doing OK there? Do you need to switch?” is right about perfect. You’re expressing your concern while respecting that it is their choice to make. You’re asking them to think for themselves about what is going on and to possibly re-evaluate. It’s open-ended question, so maybe their response is not to switch but to express back to you what THEY see as the problem, and maybe that’s a problem that can be solved in other ways. Maybe they tell you what is messing with them, and it can be solved by better teamwork, or maybe with a followup suggestion by you of how they can position / prioritize better.

If they really aren’t going to switch or change what they are doing, I don’t think it’s toxic to close out with something like “Well, I’m not thrilled with it, but I’ll try to back your play.” This is just being honest, and it is a way to possibly wipe away any trace of tilt that you might have inadvertently introduced. You’re telling them that you’re not going to bother them about it anymore, reminding them that at the end of the day, we are a team and we’re going to have to play as a team if we want good results. This also maximizes the chance that they will switch to a better hero for the situation (if they even have a better hero in their roster, which just might not be the case), and minimizes the chance they will double down on a stubbornly bad pick. They might not do it right away, but the chances they will keep thinking about it and possibly make a productive switch down the line, are maximized, which is what you should want.

15 Likes

Almost like the design of the SR system is complete trash, or something :open_mouth:

9 Likes

blah… they don’t switch being the either think they will turn it around and make it work or worst case, they just get more play/practice time on that hero anyways.
Everyone has bad games, it’s not like the lack of ELM from the DPS always means they are bad DPS players. I’ve seen so called trash DPS 100% turn it around on the next map or map stage. That’s why they stick it out.

then some low SR players don’t understand that performance SR will NOT make up for a losing record. That +/- from game to game only maters if you’re winning well over 50% of all games played. Other wise? It’s worthless. As a 43%-48% etc win rate can’t be saved with performance based anything.

then you have the alt/smurf issues where they paid real money to have a one trick account, so they play that hero no mater what being they paid to do so.

2 Likes

People have to play DPS a bunch to get good at DPS. People who just scream at them for it are the reason why people buy alt accounts, leave chat, and use comp to practice.

1 Like

Only in low ranks. But it does have pros too, makes it much harder for smurfs to stay in lower ranks, people can actually climb if their individual performance is better since teams lack teamwork in low ranks. But performance based sr does lead to bad incentives and im happy it was removed in higher ranks.

1 Like

Agree it’s hard to stay In low ranks i made an alt account to learn tank , even tho I never played tank my game sense took over and it lead me to play a decent tank not as good as my DPS but definitely enough to get me into mid plat just on game sense of knowing what to do as a tank

If you Switch all the time you become a tank Main and solo tank is an awful experience in this game

11 Likes

If the matchmaker/SR/MMR thing has worked than you should be up against people as good as you, therefore you shouldn’t be able to overpower your counters.

Also what’s Moira got to do with anything?

The ugly truth is the best way to climb is to one trick.

3 Likes

Alright, saw this and thought:

“Okay, im with you so far.”

Then, i saw this. So, i just had to check out your profile. Assuming its accurate, you should have no issue killing her, if youre a more skilled player than she is.

Especially, because at your Rank/level most Moira players still DPS too much and you should take some solace in that fact. Because, odds are, she’s the only one healing in those matches. So if she’s focused on killing you, she’s not healing her team, which is a great disadvantage to them, in the long run.

Just some food for thought

– Sincerely, someone who plays Moira and those she’s supposed to counter

1 Like

fact is, a big chunk of heros are actually so easy, you end up facing people objectivly better, having a potential to outplay you.
and even without it, it’s garbage game design not being able to beat your counter when you clearly are better.

That is going to happen with or without switching. If he is playing bad on purpose that is game sabotage and it is pretty justified for calling him out on being bad dps.

my real rank is low plat, and i only can kill her when the team is willing to coop, just like everyone under plat.
bcz her skill floor is just mid plat level of power.

and because her kit allows her to dps as much and be hard to kill at the same time, only teamwork and diamond aim kills her

Good dps willing to switch depend on situation,depend on situation.
I had 1 match where we got 1 trick sombra but no chat and no communication,all 5 of us willing to switch to counter enemy comp,but that sombra just stay hiding behind enemy until lose.

Then they should have no trouble changing heroes to do deal with whoever switched to counter them? Personally I like the idea of counters and having more reasons encouraging people to switch of off X hero.

I mean, that’s an iffy conclusion to come too… If you keep losing to someone cos they’re picking whatever best counters your hero than doesn’t that make them the better player for being smarter about their picks…?

Then what would be the point of switching if I can just play my character better and not worry about counters?