You should delete all supports/tank or rework them into DPS

No… just no. This is OW, not CS: GOW. This ain’t Call of :poop:.

DPS are responsible for their long queue times. If they don’t like it, they can CS:GO play something else… :thinking: which should shorten the lines. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well unless they move away from 2-2-2.

Literally the only option they have is to convince more DPS players to play Tank.

Technically, sure, but that’s the last thing you’d want as a game developer.

Especially with lots of competitors popping up…

1 Like

Yeah, not gonna happen.

The way I see it there’s three paths they can take:

A) Convince DPS players to play Tank and Support by making the roles more enjoyable (Which I really don’t think they know how to do and am not sure they really care that much about doing it.)

B) Change the numbers of each role in Role Queue to feature more DPS and less Tanks/Support (Which will make the experience for Tanks and Support even worse than it already is.)

C) Give up fixing the Tanks/Supports and remove them from the game or rework them into DPS.

Personally, option A is what I wish would happen. However, I haven’t seen any reason to believe that they can fix or expand these roles. So, it seems like based on what we’ve seen that C is unfortunately the best coarse for them to take.

Hopefully, something drastic would change with OW2 that would make A more viable, but right now I don’t have a lot of faith.

ORCA, coming up with a new “Closed Plan”.

Sigh… I’m the only one here who is going to get Armored Core jokes…

PREACH THE TRUTH

No new healthpacks, just out-of-combat health regen.

Eff yo satellites homie!

Oh my god you knew

are you the savior, maximilian thermidor AKA Unsung?!

You mean Halo/Paladins style? I could see that working as well.

Based on your thread, I rewrote the logic for this thread:

Just by looking at the rest of the forum, (and the comments on the dev’s announcement video), Tanks and Support wouldn’t even be missed.

1 Like

I think there’s also a problem with the way these DPS players are playing off-tank as well, but that’s probably a discussion for another time lol.

Dramatic, but what else is new with the forums.

Woah-ho there, buddy, do you know where you are?

Asking for tank BUFFS?! And for Sigma, Orisa, AND Reinhardt!?

That’s a time out, sir, get in the corner!

Seriously, though, this is the real answer. Everyone’s crying about Reinhardt while forgetting that he’s only seems OP because EVERY TANK around him got nerfed. Tank buffs will really help the game out.

Pretty sure Tigole himself has had a flair for the dramatic at times, but… Non-contributing sarcasm, what else is new for the forums.

1 Like

I am all for it, and I’m not joking. At least the devs would try to care for the “tank’s” and “support’s” experience, and not trash them.

Dpsfy everyone. Kill in lore and delete the ones you can’t do it (Like Rein and Mercy). No more queues, no more qq’s about healing and tanking, no more difficulty to make new heroes. Rework some maps so they are not a free range for Snipers.

Bam, Overwatch’s saved.

Well, technically there’s another loophole to my logic. They could make BarrierTanks a lot weaker, so that doubleofftank is preferable.

Oh, yikes, just thought of something.

What if they had 2-2-2, but with all barrier tanks banned out.

And ran 2-2-2 vs 2-2-2, and offtank only vs offtank only, in parallel.

Behold! For here be my glorious drawing skills.

https://i.imgur.com/lxmjYG2.jpg

I will write that in every Echo post! We should (the community) NOT let them release her as DPS! We have MORE THAN enough DPSers! Also, the people will keep picking Genji/Widow/Hanzo/Mccree no matter how many DPS heroes you are going to add. We can wait to rework her. Her “Ultimate: Duplicate” can be easily turned to a support one, her ability “Flight” it’s ready for a support hero. They only need to rework her other abilities. It is really dumb to release her as DPS and as a community, we can do it with our feedback! It’s hard and almost impossible but we should try it! They knew how to ban 2 out of 7 Support heroes the last time but they can’t understand that we need more support heroes for a balanced game?