You should be concerned about the Widow nerf

Widowmaker was nerfed on the PTR. It adds two seconds to her Grappling Hook cooldown (PTR: 10s) and it seriously affects her mobility.

But, have you wondered why Widowmaker is suddenly “OP AF” even if she went for so long without changes? It’s because of the death of dive by the hands of Brigitte.

Widowmaker being good is a product from the meta. Brigitte should be nerfed, not Widow, since Brigitte is the character that dictates the meta, even on the safety of the Hero Select screen not being played.

Widowmaker being nerfed show short-sightedness from the developers. Widow is not a problem: There are other factors such as Brigitte and Hanzo. Widowmaker nerf is completely unecessary.

2 Likes

it’s a silly nerf, imo they should be nerfing her charge-up time and/or scope-in time.

2 Likes

it wont change anything. most ppl cant aim up.

6 Likes

No, she never needed a nerf. This is because dive meta is gone and Blizzard has no idea how to balance their game beyond dive.

2 Likes

Both the grappling hook cooldown AND the charge up time was buffed in previous patches, becuase of Widow’s damage unreliability in the past.

2 Likes

Brigitte is nerfed? And wont nerfing her further just be dive meta? How are you gonna keep Widow alive then?

You don’t get the point. Widow shouldn’t be nerfed at all.

2 Likes

Every single game is either a widow and hanzo 1 trick or just a widow 1 trick. It is kind of weird, to me, that some heroes have one shot mechanics and others do not. I would rather see one shot mechanics go away. I know this comment will bring out toxic trolls in response, but whatever. No one is happy with anything anyone ever says, ever.

1 Like

Her being buffed in the first place was the shortsightedness. Widow struggled in Dive, the worst possible meta for her, and the change was made to make her resistant to dive heroes, which she really shouldn’t be. The buff adapted her to be viable in a meta rooted against her, and now that it’s gone, her mobility is too much.
I agree that it’s Brigitte and Hanzo who are really pushing this meta though.

2 Likes

How can Widow only be good because Dive was good when she was good even during Dive?

Maybe the problem is simply that Widowmaker is too hard to Dive.

:thinking:

They should properly nerf Hanzo, who the hero which is enabling Widowmaker to be picked more. Hanzo melts dive and is basically god-tier, he destroys any counter to Widow.

I feel like Blizzard doesn’t even play their own game or pay attention.

exactly, blizz created this situation

But Widow was used infrequently during dive. She was still kept at check by her counters even with Moth involved.

Blizzard Dev 1: “Damn, Widow’s OP, how do we deal with this?”

Blizzard Dev 2: “Observe her counters and why they are finding difficulty dealing with her?”

Blizzard Dev 1: “Nah, let’s just create a hero whose sole purpose is to completely counter snipers!”

Announcing the Nigerian, transgender, pansexual, Spider-Stomper!

2 Likes

That is not voiced by Terry Crews :frowning:

2 Likes

Except Widowmaker was the second most used DPS after Tracer, even before Brig was released. Dive absolutely didn’t keep her in line.

widow needs a nerf that isnt grappling hook or venom mine, she really just needs an ult to primary fire

You dark wizard, stop resurrecting.

3 Likes

But only widow threads get revived lately :smiley: and i thought she is already half dead.

no we need her 99% dead, hope she never gets rezzed