You overbuffed Tracer

Speaking of jokes:

That’s not even possible. She does 240 damage in 1 clip. Before you say with a melee as well, this patch doesn’t change that. It’s not like you can melee from a range of 13-10 metres.

7 Likes

That was a quick deletion

It will never be perfect balance that’s what you need to learn… ebb and flow with the changes… if you have a diverse hero pool you will come out a winner every patch instead of clinging on to your one hero security blankets.

1 Like

200…

so no she can’t clip a turret across the map.
The OP is just spreading misinformation and lies.

5 Likes

replied to wrong person.

It is more complicated than that.

The range increase gives her more room to play with. It allows her to trade damage for safety more efficiently.

OMG, you’re not blowing everybody up. It must not be a buff! /s

With high-skill requirement heroes like Tracer, buffs like this always end up mattering a lot in the end. Adding it to the shield nerfs and it’s obvious that they want Dive to make something of a come-back since it should, in theory, counter double-barrier.

however, the meta simply didn’t suit tracer. the tracer changes are like if they had buffed brig during goats. they already nerfed orisa, moira, sigma, and buffed lucio, moira, dva, and winston. these changes alone would have been enough- tracer was never underpowered, the environment didn’t suit her needs. but by nerfing the tanks and supports in the current meta and buffing the dive tanks and supports, we are giving tracer a nudge into the meta. even without the tracer changes, the changes to other heroes make dive stronger, and make tracer have a better place in the meta.

so they’re making the meta she thrives in better, that’s all good and fine- tracer will be played more often as its a better suited meta for her. but they’re also BUFFING her damage by a ridiculous amount. so not only are they making her comfortable in the meta, they’re buffing her on top of that.

she didn’t need buffs to see more play, but the tank and support changes would have roped in more play without buffing her directly. doing both is unnecessary and makes her too strong.

2 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it myself.

The second I see a Tracer I just swap to Mercy and ruin her life.

1 Like

oh snap it’s overreaction time folks!! tracer, consistently one of the worst heroes for a solid year and a half, gets a 3m buff!! overbuffed!! completely unnecessary!!!

4 Likes

How about you stop speculating here and go see for yourself.
a Tracer killed my full HP torb turret in one clip, which is 1 second. and from a far away distance.
Before she had to recall after killing torbs turret (trading her recall cooldown for the turret cooldown), now she doesn’t even care, turret dies so fast she only takes 1 hit.

1 Like

I don’t think tracer is buffed in dive. I think she is much much more buffed in other teamcomps like Rein/Zarya over dive. You can actually play her behind a Rein shield and get good damage. So even without dive coming back Tracer changes lead to her being seen more. Which is a big improvement over her previous synergy with Rein which was much lower than it is now. They can actually play as a team more now.

2 Likes

I wonder what anyone playing zenyatta has to say, now that he’s now helplessly dying more often than ever to a 30% range buffed tracer.

3 Likes

The Tracer buff didn’t enable this sort of thing, she could do this since the game’s release lol

It’s git gud or git help when it comes down to spawn camping

Who said I was a boosted Moira main?

Blizzard have gone too far with balance changes, hence why tracer has received this buff.

If you have played tracer at all over the past year, you’d realise her damage is terrible against silly amounts of burst healing, and self sustain from supports. She couldn’t do her job properly anymore.

At least tracer requires good mechanical skill, positioning and gamesense to play well. I’m sure most people would rather go against a tracer than a doomfist.

1 Like

the same ones that are dying from across the map by tracer apparently

it’s scary how much blizz buffs dpses to compete with the stupid amounts of healing in the game
supports should be defined more by their utility (zen, mercy), not their ability to vomit heals (baptiste, ana to an extent, moira)

3 Likes

Lmao. you’re right. Letting a tracer camp your supports is the better option. A good tracer, doomfist, widow, hanzo, mcree, literally all of them if they land their shots/abilities they win. It’s not tracer. And if you’re getting 2v1’d with Moira/brigg at your disposal or Ana sleep dart it’s a mad cuz bad situation. Nothing to do with tracer buffs.

The turret has 250 health and Tracer can dish out 240 damage in one clip with no headshots and perfect accuracy

It’s not possible for her to one clip a turret without a damage boost, and doing it from any sort of distance gets a high doubt from me

5 Likes

Nah tracer main tears are better

2 Likes

The McCree firerate buff has had McCree going from the 2nd lowest winrate to the 6th lowest winrate.
What a menace, certainly needs nerfs. /s