You overbuffed Tracer

Tracer wasn’t bad because of any changes to her she was just out of the meta because of other characters. Simply nerfing some characters would naturally bring her back in. she herself didn’t need any changes

2 Likes

she not even that strong to begin with lol

even before brig, she was only a problem on GM and top 500,

even then its not even close to the power of old doomfist when he had 20 meter slam and CC on his kit lol

2 Likes

Over-nerfing her and over-buffing her are two separate questions, don’t conflate the two. A character deserving a buff doesn’t in turn deserve one that is too strong.

2 Likes

Oddly I am the same. But I have been playing event only for skins for the last year. I would play more if they released more heroes or maps or…

1 Like

Wasn’t GOATS only the top percentage too?

2 Likes

yeah in my plat / high plat game no one really play goats, or bunker or dive in correct way

so there no excuse such thing as “not her meta” anymore

even ml7 said u can play whatever u want below GM

So why was goats only the top percentage but people still wanted to get rid of it unanimously. But tracer is only in the top percentage but people want to protect and defend her?

The meta trickles down so a gold Tracer might be a problem for gold players.

Doomfist is probably only really used in the highest of percentages but everyone wants him gone too.

2 Likes

Who on earth shoots healers from her old 10m range, let alone 13m?

You fought a Tracer who was outperforming her opponents and was rewarded for her skill. That’s not a balance issue, that’s intended, and in this instance the buff probably had a much smaller impact than you think.

4 Likes

Erm, any hitscan can pop you without you even touching them.
Symm can cheese turrets at spawn.
Junk can trap + bomb you.
Sombra can hack and kill squishies especially when they’re isolated, hack nearby pack, heal, throw translocator, harass spawning enemies again and again.
And so on…
Literally any DPS can decide to camp a spawn point and get kills.

To think only tracer can do this is beyond mind boggling…like, wtf? lol

She was out of meta for 1.5 consecutive years? Get real.

And any hero can be made viable by nerfing every other hero around them. Are you suggesting we should never buff any heroes ever, or does this philosophy just happen to apply only to Tracer?

4 Likes

I’m glad I stopped playing Overwatch 3 months ago. Game’s just not fun and there’s a clear bias with the balancing team instead of trying to keep everyone as balanced as possible.

8 Likes

Good thing you can get lootboxes and the event skins by playing Junkenstein…
Them obliterating the Balance for no other reason than once again catering to their Postergirl players… no worth playing a normal game mode… Bonus points for Removing one of her counters and have the buff ignore all of her other ones.
#RevertTracer

8 Likes

So biased to the point where Tracer has been obsolete for over a year now :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

one clipping people from across the map

Forum Doomfist finally has competition - Forum Tracer!

2 Likes

The prophecy has come true.

The meta determines the heroes worth? What other heroes have never been meta or haven’t been meta for half the time tracer was? Get real. She’s not the prodigy child of special treatment.

And if certain heroes were not overbuffed, tracer wouldn’t need a buff at all.
God forbid tracer naturally swung in and out of favor.

3 Likes

I just saw a tracer kill torbs turret in 1 clip from across the map LOL

and torb is suppose to be tracers counter.

2 Likes

I almost never saw a Mccree or Tracer in a comp game for like 8 seasons. Every meta has not been her meta since the Hanzo rework and Brig introduction.

But people on these forums will pretend Tracer is the greatest hero in the game while they’re likely not even in a rank where you can see a good Tracer.

10 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

She’s one clipping torbjorn turrets no problem, this patch is a joke.

2 Likes