You know what's the worst thing about the 3-2-1?

I main DPS and I hate this change, please, both waiting in RQ AND the nighmare that Freedome Queue was is better than this. Please don’t make it go to live, I never asked for it, and I don’t want it after trying it.

Lmao that’s not even what I originally meant…

What I meant was that even though the devs are determined to balance the entire game mainly around an extremely small minority, at the same time they’re willing to potentially cause huge destruction in order to appease the majority of the player base, which are DPS (even though I’m pretty sure Tank and Healer players combined aren’t that far off together in numbers when compared to DPS players).

Ehh, what are you even saying?? You can still play any role you want within 2/2/2 role - lock, with arguably even more freedom than before and even if you don’t like the restrictions, Quick Play Classic is here for you…

So you want to play that kind of game, eh?

Well, you would be very happy to learn then that pre - 2/2/2 role - lock and for approximately 3 years straight, absolutely anyone who wanted an actually balanced and organized comp would have to use the broken mess that still is the LFG system and wait multiple times the duration of the average DPS queues after 2/2/2 role - lock was implemented.

But still, people like me went on and suffered in silence. But as soon as a similar thing (but better) happened to the extremely privilaged by the way DPS, due to many of whom systems like 2/2/2 role - lock had to be implemented in the first place, then we should destroy the whole game in order to accommodate once again for their selfishness??

That’s just sad

I wouldn’t call those people “a couple” and especially when according to pretty much every single source of metrics/statistics out there concerning the game, the majority of the player base really enjoys 2/2/2 role - lock…

The “someone disagrees with me so they don’t understand what they’re talking about” anecdote??

Yeah… I’ll pass… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Hmm, maybe, but it wasn’t the only one for sure…

I think you need a reality check if this is how you think.

balancing a comp, and determining what the standard comp will be are 2 separate issues.

whether they decide to go 132 or 222 they still will balance around the top 1%

your point holds no water.

you really too simple to see that im talking about forced 222?

not everyone wants to play 222 comp. but it was forced because of the selfishness of tanks and supports.

such a moronic asinine stupid statement. you guys cant actually be so stupid that you keep parroting this. we don’t want to have to play an arcade mode to get a quick match. its unfair that we have to go to meme game modes because of your selfishness.

that could be said to you too. so lets push 132 and you can just go to lfg and run 222 in quick play. how about that?

we had our competitive experience completely changed because of selfishness of tanks and supports. that’s the point. use your brain.

entirely untrue. there are multiple organizations out there that host team environments and have their own mini leagues where you can form a team and climb the ladder.

you all just wanted to force everyone to play the way you deemed acceptable. you didn’t want to go to an organized environment, you wanted to force everyone to play the way you want. otherwise you would have been joining teams and organizations.

you didn’t care about organization. you cared about controlling others.

you had the lfg system as weill but were too impatient to use it. now that the complaint from dps is “it takes too long” you try and discredit the very argument you all used for not using LFG? bs. yall are hypocrites.

lmao you have no numbers to back that up.

the trend of the playerbase going downward on since the launch of 222 says you are entirely wrong.

no you claimed 132 is not structured. it is. now you are trying to just write off the argument because you cant rebut.

1 Like

Yup. A change by the DPS, for the DPS.

As evident with these tank “buffs” the devs don’t actually want tanks to be anything but free kills. Just pack a Mei and Snipers and lose only to a mirror comp.

In 222 I abused Hanzo because of his rather memetic ability to dodge meaningful nerfs for 2 years…for 1-3-2 abusing Mei is a good option.

“Oh, Mr.Reinhardt, is that a lack of blanket CC resistance or are you just unhappy to see me?”

1 Like

Judging from your replies, you haven’t even understood for some reason what I’m trying to say in the first place, so let’s just leave it at that… Shall we?

Despite the misinformation and generalizations in this statement, I’m going to remind you that 2/2/2 role - lock was not in any way implemented just because of Tank/Support players’ selfishness…

That’s just common sense, so let’s please get over this already.

This really guarantees a Flag for Offensive Language, but hey… I’ll let the absolute ridicule of your statements speak for themselves :slight_smile:

You’re comparing here a totally functional game mode with a fundamentally flawed system, despite everything else…

Do I need to go any further?? :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

And a lot of us didn’t even get the chance in the first place to enjoy any kind of remotely Competitive experience due to the selfishness of DPS players…

“Use your brain”

Who even told you that countless people like me hadn’t tried all of the different solutions you’re suggesting??

I for once used to utilize the fundamentally broken mess that still is the LFG system for one entire year straight, so please, keep your baseless generalizations and bias to yourself.

The irony here is just great… And especially when you take into consideration that every single thing that you have said can also apply to DPS players who have been complaining about role - lock in the first place…

This whole situation has become just sad at this point… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Absolutely nothing, except all these:

1. It the latest Developer Update Jeff Kaplan himself said that 2/2/2 role - queue was overall a “positive” change.
  2. Here are some official developer quotes that were released a couple of months ago:

And even more importantly, here’s the point where the overall very positive opinion of the majority of the game’s player base is touched upon:

1. I have to admit this isn’t such a trustworthy source, but just the fact that the grand majority of the unofficial polls created in social places as historically negative for some reason as these Forums have surprisingly shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst fans, with the different concensus sometimes even touching 3:1 in favor of the system really says a lot

So you have any actual data to prove this anecdote, except all the totally subjective jokes of ““statistics”” role - queue haters have been feeding themselves for months??

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Rebut to what exactly?? Is that anecdote that you brought up in your last point a ““rebuttal””??

How disappointing then.

222 was going to be an overwatch league only thing. infact it was for a while. it wasn’t till supports and tanks cried and begged for it that they forced it on everyone.

get your facts straight before you claim something is common sense.

calling a statement something is not against the rules.

calling an idea something is not against the rules.

i can say “the idea that” is stupid all i want.

your inability to separate yourself as a person from your opinions and ideas on a game doesn’t make me an issue. it makes you inadequate from distinguishing yourself from the theoretical.

you simply have no rebuttal so you move the goalpost because youre trying to avoid what was said because you know there is no real way to reply to it.

lmao nothing is fundamentally flawed about 132. you just don’t like it compared to 222. lets be honest now. if 132 is fundamentally flawed so is 222. because they both do the same thing to the game. just with different team comps.

fundamentally they force you to play the same team comp against the same team comp every game.

that’s what it does fundamentally so the idea that one is flawed and the other isn’t is asinine.

you had the lfg tool the organizations, and your own ability to form 6 stacks. you had the chance. you didn’t use it.

you did:

you really cant remember the statement you typed 2 seconds before that one?

the fact that the overwatch competitive que has been having to widen who can play against who for the last half year is a pretty clear indicator. Simple logic tells you that.

twitch viewership has dropped marginally, and que times for everyone have gone up.

you keep using the word “anecdote” but i really don’t think you understand the word.

saying “132 and 222 are both structured environments” is literally nowhere near an anecdote.

whats disappointing is your lack of understanding the terms you through around

Give me any evidence of this actually being the case and then I’ll gladly accept defeat in this specific aspect.

In order to form a rebuttal, then you need a counter - argument to reply to in the first place, which, as I’ve already said, you have provided minimal of, unless you consider calling ideas as “stupid” and saying that people who disagree with you have no idea what they’re talking about as counter - arguments…

It’s that simple really.

I was referring to the LFG system when I was calling it a fundamentally flawed system lmao.

Lmao are you trolling right now??

I just told you that I used to utilize the LFG system for one whole year straight. What is so difficult from this statement to understand??

Oh my… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

As I already said, I and so many other people didn’t get to enjoy the vanilla Overwatch ““Competitive”” experience due to the reasons I already talked about and that’s why, as a result, we had to use other systems such as the LFG system, as you yourself suggested.

Now, is this finally clear enough??

Simple logic tells us that due to the queuing parameters had to be widened due to the fact that, fundamentally and inherently, 2/2/2 role - lock naturally introduces high DPS queues.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m sorry but I cannot see any of these points you’re making to actually be true according to my own personal experience…

This is the anecdote I’m referring to… Not the statement you’re talking about:

Once again… Loving the irony…

The frustration is fine, and it’s the feedback they’re looking for, but you can’t blame them for wanting to make the game better for the majority of their players.

As someone that primarily plays tank and support, 1-3-2 was nice to actually be able to play dps for a change. Less pressure to be as solid as I know I can be on tank/support and not having to wait 10 minutes just to get into a match that’s nearly over because someone left.

DPS queues are a problem, and yes DPS wanted a queue system so the matches were higher quality. That problem was solved, now DPS q times are a problem, and 1-3-2 might not be the fix for it… and that’s why it’s in experimental mode and not PTR so people, such as yourself, that are avidly against it can voice their opinion.

Would you prefer the dev team stay silent and put this feature into live without giving you that chance?

Literally all they did was add a potential mode to the game to collect feedback…

But you’ve clearly forgotten the THREE AND A HALF YEARS of DPS ruining every game for everyone, themselves including, by instalocking 3-5 DPS.

1 Like

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/fissure-confirms-role-lock-for-overwatch-league

fissure leaked role que for overwatch league long before people were talking about it. it wasn’t until this leak that everyone started saying “role que is needed for the main game”

the argument in the first place was “the idea that qpc is a solution to que times is moronic and asinine and forces players to play meme game modes to get a match in a decent time”

which you completely avoided.

well i apologise i misunderstood.

you claimed that “a lot of us didn’t even get the chance in the first place to enjoy any kind of remotely competitive experience”

and i pointed out all the systems. you are actively contradicting yourself saying you didn’t get the chance, yet claiming you used lfg.

but you did. you had lfg and could have used many of the organizations. you had the opportunity, and according to you you used it.

so you did.

meaning you did get the competitive experience you wanted you wanted to run 222. You used role lock and leagues to do it. how can you claim you didn’t get the chance for that type of competitive experience while openly admitting you did?

no. jeff himself said that the paramaters don’t open unless there aren’t enough players.

when role que first was introduced dafran had a 15 hour que. he left it on over night recording to see how long it would go and came back to it.

it was because of instances like this they opened up who you can play with. because the playerbase was dwindling and there wasn’t the same population across ranks to fill games.

“my experience out ways the majority”

that is not an anecdote.

it is not a personal story. it is a statement saying you don’t understand

anecdote

[ˈanəkˌdōt]

NOUN

1. a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.

“then they don’t understand what a structured environment is.” is not an anecdote.

there is no irony.

just a person using a word they don’t even know the definition of.

Drastically buffing the vast majority of the Tank roster is insulting them? I am a Tank player primarily, and I think this is a good change…

Actually, that was DPS too. Hte problem always has been the huge population difference between Tanks and Supports vs DPS.

dps weren’t advocating for 222. theres a huge difference there.

That doesn’t mean though 2/2/2 role - lock was first designed and implemented into OWL though… Not even close actually.

He is a pro player, so naturally, he will be able to get insight first concerning the OWL and the pro scene :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

That’s one of the two, yes and I didn’t avoid it, I just pointed out for the second time that calling people out and their views just because you disagree with them doesn’t in any way for a counter - argument…

No problem.

We weren’t able to enjoy the vanilla experience in the first place and that’s why we had to use systems like LFG, etc.

That’s no contradiction. Please, I think this is a very easy statement to understand… :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Of course I and many other people did. But, at the end of the day it was nothing but a flawed cover - up of all the problems we were facing with the game and that’s why after one year of continuously using it, I quit, just a few months before 2/2/2 role - lock was implemented…

For the 4th time, I didn’t have the chance to enjoy the vanilla, solo - queue experience, without all of the fundamental problems and overall unfairness systems such as LFG cause.

Exactly. There were never enough players. But not overall players as you’re suggesting, but Support and especially Tank mains, who along with the much larger amount of DPS, caused all these imbalances and therefore long queue times.

The majority… According to who exactly??

These are not stories I’m talking about. I’m using the word “anecdote” in the context of argumentation, as follows:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence&ved=2ahUKEwjh8IXbkfDnAhVLxYUKHawvDvgQFjALegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2i5SRlfy_1XYxAHmf4F8q5&cshid=1582751858884

Ehh… No.

Try again. :slightly_smiling_face:

They were though? DPS players got shafted with GOATs

it does. it had been handed to them internally on their scrims long ago. they had it before the leak.

it is a counter argument. it says that players shouldn’t have to play meme game modes to get a quick match. the argument is that i shouldn’t have to play outside of normal comp and quckplay to get a match in a decent time.

you not liking how overwatch was originaly played is not an argument.

that’s like saying i don’t like double shield as a strat, therefore they should force you to only use one shield.

the flaws you perceive as flaws. many many many more thought the game was fine.

that’s the point you selfishly believe your experience and what you want is more important than the masses and want to control others gameplay experience

no its overall players just like i was saying.

the dropping numbers around it at the time show its directly a player population issue.

an anecdote, and evidence are 2 entirely separate entities.

anecdotal is the type of evidence. it is not an anecdote as you are using however.

as ive said, you don’t understand the word.

you can not use the word “anecdote” in the context you are trying.

you have to use anecdotal evidnce because evidence is the word you are referring to, anecdotal is the descriptor.

yes. yes indeed. you need to try again.

because evidence and anecdotes are 2 entirely different things.

show me any evidence of mass dps players wanting 222.

ill wait. because goats was not an issue on ladder.

All characters deal damage. You essentially just said nothing.