"You have been removed from voice chat - Error 5027"

Hello everyone.
I am asking for some help in order this kind of weird error message, i’ve been getting recently.
About 2 days ago, i started just an ai game and after a couple of seconds the game started lagging heavily. At first, i thought my connection got a timeout, but when i checked my latency in-game it was the normal (55-57 ms). Only the characters were stuck in one animation, one place.
After a while i got sent into the login menu, with the error message of server error. However, after a second it got me back in the game with an error message: “You have been removed from voice chat - Error 5027”
The only strange thing about this is that i wasn’t even in voice chat at that time and didn’t even use any speaking device, but i still keep having this problem. I can’t even start one single game without this problem, i keep getting kicked out.
Any kind of help would be very useful.

11 Likes

I have had the same issue :frowning: Restarting my game works tempkrarily but it will inevitably disconnect from vc again.

4 Likes

This has also been happening a lot for me. My ping will go up to 200 out of nowhere and the red warning symbol would show up on the top left. After that my voice chat would stop working.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to figure out how to fix this? I can’t even connect to VC anymore, no matter if I restart the computer or game and even changing headsets has not fixed the issue

6 Likes

I’m still getting the error. I went through battlenet and managed have my settings changed to voice and speaking, but after 2 games or so im removed from chat

The same issue, don’t know why…

Same issue here just now. I’m not sure what is happening but I assume it’s to do with the quick and dirty voice chat patch that went through. It is causing other issues as well.

same error just happened to me, mic was working fine on discord during the error
this has be some bug in the code :confused:

this happens to me every 10 minutes. this game is becoming virtually unplayable :slight_smile:

fix your game for once blizzard. constant server disconnects are just one of many problems.

2 Likes

Just got this issue, is anyone else still having it? is there a fix yet?

1 Like

I also just started having this issue. I know there’s nothing wrong with my network setup because I live with another person who I frequently play OW with, and he isn’t having any issues. I also use Discord voice comms at the same time during play so I know it’s not my audio hardware.

I first noticed something was wrong because I always have OW set to autojoin team VC, but I realized halfway through a match that I couldn’t hear anyone and wasn’t in chat because my friend responded to something someone else had said.

Restarted everything, reset the router, all the basic IT stuff. Obviously still not fixed. :confused:

1 Like

Happened to me too?? Hello ow2 is right around the corner no need for stuff like this happening now?

OverWatch says it’s a 6-day voice ban which makes no sense cuz the only time I ever use my microphone is whenever I ask a teammate to do something like place to shield here or flank over there and so I do not understand either

Just got it as well, like everyone else here, its like I lag A TON and like the players/heros are moving in place, then it unfreezes for a second, then I get kicked and then I get a ban from voice chat. I’d really like someone to address this, because it’s been over 4 months since the first message and from what I can see there are no replies to this thread.

I’d also like to add the other problem I am getting. A ton of lagging, then static, and then I can’t hear my game audio unless I restart my whole game. Interestingly enough it happens at the same time, in every single competitive or quick play match. It does not happen in arcade, custom games, or the lobby/menu. Even more irritating, I can only talk/hear people in game or team chat, so it’s just a lot of random glitches in one. Really frustrating. And I’d like someone from Blizzard to do the courtesy of replying to this thread. Which is the least they could to signify something or someone is making action to fix these problems. I feel like it should not take 4 or more months for this to still be issuing problems for the community.

Thanks. I hope that this message get’s through to anyone.

I also just got kicked from voice chat with the same error code. Nothing I am doing is fixing the issue, including updating my drivers, restarting my router, restarting OW, resetting my OW settings, restarting PC, nothing.

I am trying to group with someone and get the error code the second we group up.

BLIZZARD - PLEASE ADDRESS THIS AND FIX. This game has been out far too long to have this type of issue.

3 Likes

I just contacted support. Nothing still. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now it’s annoying.

2 Likes

If you have an unstable connection (any WiFi or hotspot type), or there is a connection issue on the way to Blizzard (can only diagnose over WinMTR), you will be dropped from voice chat. It requires a very stable connection.

That’s insightful and helpful, unfortunately there are people (like me) who have a wired, stable conection and get the error aswell.

Starting today, in both Ps4 (wired) and Xbox Series S (Wifi) I get the error and I’m unable to voice chat.

It’s not the account either, since I tried two different accounts (on Ps4, wired) and got the same problem

I have stable wired connection on ps4 and this started happening to me today in the middle of the game. Now every time I log on I get the 5027 message and can’t talk to anyone or join any chats.

1 Like

stable wired connection on pc and having this issue

1 Like