You guys know it's not a review bomb, right?

Those assertions definitely aren’t representative of the reviews I’ve read, and even so, they are indeed talking about the game.

I haven’t seen any complaints about being unable to play in Russia/China.

If you are looking for thousands of reviews critical of the game’s quality, I would direct you to OW2’s Steam page.

Many people seem to disagree.

Far from it. “Normal” is attritting 10%, maybe 20% or 30% of your playerbase over the course of 2-3 months of no new content. Not 50%, and certainly not 50% over two weeks.

4 Likes

So everyone is jumping on the steam review bandwagon… But do people realize that the User review score for Overwatch 2 was ALWAYS low?

User reviews on Metacritic are 1.4/10. This isn’t new.

Most of the users/players recognize that…

• Egregious monetary systems (not an issue in OW1)
  • Non existent matchmaking (not an issue in OW1)
  • Horrible and broken competitive SR system (not an issue in OW1)

… should seriously affect a games review score.

Also look at Diablo Immortal. The single bad thing about that game is its egregious monetary system, that leads to unfair PVP. (OW Too non existent matchmaking does the same thing) It has a lower user review score. Why is it rated so low? Egregious microtransactions.

So… do any of you here have a problem with Diablo Immortal being rated less than 1/10? No? Then why do some of you have a problem with OW Too being rated just as harshly? Rules for thee but not for me?

3 Likes

You see that all over google and metacritic.

Nope theirs barely any their. Just endless meme’s “it’s **** jokes”, a cake recipe last time a checked.

First few review I found :

TOMATO
“the only reason it exists on steam is so you can give it a bad review”

Asako
“Overwatch **** creators work harder than game developers”

CyberGeek
2016:
"Game is good. **** is good.

2023:
Game is bad. **** is still good."

Reixi2525

"Instead of wasting your time and money on this “game”, here’s a recipe for a Black Forest cake (or the Portal cake).

Chocolate Cake:

• 1 3/4 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 2/3 cup (65g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
  • 1 cup (240 ml) hot water

Cherries and Cherry Syrup:

• 1 cup drained, canned cherries
  • 1/4 cup Kirsch, or another cherry liqueur
  • Cherry juice from canned cherries (drain cherries and reserve the juice)

Whipped Cream Frosting:

• 3 cups (720 ml) heavy cream, cold
  • 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar, sifted

Optional Decorations:

• 200g/7 oz. chocolate shavings
  • Fresh whole cherries

Instructions

• To make the chocolate cake: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Generously butter two 8-inch cake pans that are at least 2-inches high, and dust with cocoa powder, tapping the ramekins slightly to remove any excess.
  • In a large bowl, place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix until combined. Set aside.
  • In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, buttermilk, and water (pour the water slowly so it won’t cook the eggs). Whisk until smooth. Add egg mixture into flour mixture and mix until smooth. Don’t overbeat – batter will be lumpy at first, but mix gently and eventually stir with a whisk just until smooth. The batter will be thin and liquid. That’s ok.
  • Scrape batter into prepared pans. Bake cakes for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven – this might take longer), or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before unmolding, then let cakes cool completely on a wire rack. I recommend wrapping the cakes in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze them for several hours before cutting them. Cut each cake layer in half horizontally.

To make the syrup: Place drained cherries in a medium bowl, and add to the bowl 1/4 cup Kirsch and 1/2 cup cherry juice from can. Leave to soak at room temperature for 30 minutes or more, then drain cherries in a sieve over a bowl, keeping both the cherries and syrup. Add more cherry juice to the syrup to get 3/4 cup syrup (you won’t need the rest of the juice, discard it or save for another use). This will be the soaking syrup for the cake layers.

To make the whipped cream: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Read more about making perfect whipped cream here.

Assembly: Place one cake layer on a cake stand or plate and brush with 1/3 of the cherry syrup. Cover top with a thick layer of whipped cream frosting (about 1 cup) and top with 1/3 of the cherries. Repeat twice more with remaining layers and top with the last cake layer (there’s no need to soak the top layer with syrup). Frost the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream. If you want, reserve some of the whipped cream, about 1½ cups, for decorating the top. Use a pastry bag with a large flower tip, and pipe rounds around the top. Top with whole cherries. Cover the sides and top with chocolate shavings, if desired. Store cake in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days.

(Recipe found on PrettySimpleSweet)"

And I can go on.

Their really isn’t much breaking down why it’s bad or how it’s bad.

Just game bad **** good.

Its only a review bomb because people refuse to accept the game is garbage and will defend it to their final breathe. They ignore the very real criticism about the game. The amount of people I see on the forums defending the influx of cheaters is exactly why this community is about to flop. They lack the ability to be honest about very real issues the devs continue to ignore.

Case in point the game has bombed since its Steam launch. On the 10th it launched to 75k concurrent players and in less than 2 weeks that number has lost over 2/3 of them.

6 Likes

not just the forums. literally the game director themselves. denying bad reviews and saying it’s “the best ever” and gaslighting the playerbase. can u imagine treating customers like that? a chatGPT repsonse that tries to tell them the entire internet is wrong and delusional?

never seen such criminally out-of-touch and unprofessional behaviour from a director.

who seriously keeps their job with 150k negative reviews?
aaron im sorry but ur bad and ur game is bad and u need to go.

3 Likes

It surprises me that most don’t realize OW2 had a user rating of 1/10 on metacritic since October 2022.

To repeat. Overwatch 2 has had negative reviews since it was launched. People defending Overwatch 2 against the negative reviews need to realize this.

Since we can’t personally stop other people from throwing money at the egregious FOMO microtransaction system, we can (and should) fight back with user reviews.

4 Likes

More like features.

It may sound quite rude, but people, who actually got somewhere in Overwatch 2, will defend it, like their life depends on it. Because it kind of does - without new players to stomp on and demonstrate their shiny skins to, all those purchases become meaningless.

Neat, but we aren’t talking about Google and Metacritic are we?

Your experience differs from mine.

Let’s call it a sh!tstorm for simplicity’s sake.

Ya no same reviews you can check them your self. And easily find the ones i mentioned now that the review bomb is over.

As they been on the top of the list for a while now.

We don’t know yet if there was a review bomb, we need to wait for Steam to clarify.

We really don’t it’s pretty clear with most of the reviews not talking about the game it’s self. And instead leaving meme’s in mass.

That this was in fact a review bomb, most steam pages don’t look remotely like this. And matches up more with the likes of other review bombs were we see more or less the same exact behavior.

With most of the actual complaints that are being made are do to factors outside of such like their original PVE plans getting canceled.

outside of that were seeing “they took ow1 away from me” cake recipes, meme faces, and “I thought it was ****”.

Not to say their wasn’t a reasoning behid such.

But OW2 is far from a bad game. Double so when you take into account it more or less followed Tf2 transition to F2p to a T.

Currently there are 156,000 reviews
15,000 positive
141,000 Negitive

Assuming every Positive review is truthfull, for the game to have equal negitive and positive reviews, ~90% of negivite reviews would need to be false.

So yes it is a review bomb, but there are hundred of reasons behind it. It wasnt reviewed bomb for nothing.

1 Like

Every big game has those reviews.

We will see what Steam will say about that. Since you say it’s a fact, you sure have the data for that? Maybe send it to Steam to help them find out.

As if it wasn’t already obvious, every news outlet confirms it’s a review bomb, not just Blizz. Just google “Overwatch 2 review bomb” and you’ll see “OW2 was review bombed” from every source

As long as it doesn’t show up here

h ttps://store.steampowered.com/curator/36308017-Review-Bomb-Tracking-Off-Topic/

it is not a review bomb for me.

Yes but it is a scale issue.

Most reviews in OW case fall into those categories I mentioned.

And are not actual talking points of why and how they liked or disliked the games.

Which for other steam review pages are the vast majority of the reviews you will find.

That is just how steam reviews work. Every game on steam has meme reviews. But regardless of what was said in the review they still said thumbs down.

People give it a thumbs up and write memes, and people give it a thumbs down and write memes, It happens in every game.

So saying that OW is excempt to this is just false.

Look at Baulders gate 3, there are thousands of meme reviews on that but they are still someones opntion on the game. Same with factorio. Meme reviews are a valid form of review on steam.

Not exactly at this scale.

And thumbs up or down don’t really mean much, nor does traditional review numbers.

it’s about what’s written in the reviews.

Its the same scale, Most reviews are memes or jokes, Look at Deep rock galatic.

That is just how steam works, its a recomend or not recomend system. I love overwatch but i still gave it a bad review.

Overwatch doesnt have any more memes over other games on steam. Or at least not enough to mater, We would have to remove 90% of negiive review to make the game mixed, and i highly dought that 90% of the reviews are lying about their opnions