You gotta feel for mercy players

Like it never did before the rework?

They did before the rework.

And who cared about that? I don’t think anyone outside of Blizzard HQ did.

I think, aside from Mercy, the supports are actually in a pretty good place, right now. So far, Moira has been able to keep up with Mercy in a similar way as Ana used to do before the meta bullied her into unviability and Mercy eventually got buffed into omnipresence.

The problem is, and I’ve explained this before in a different thread, is that Jeff’s statement was open for interpretation, and quite a few (rework) suggestions for Mercy make good use of this fact.

If he wants to invalidate his position in this argument, that’s his decision.

If only you were hear when the big debate about the subject was happening XD.

I’ve read it. Ginger and Kailan provided really good points. Too bad they fell on deaf ears.

Lmao, be careful. Quest might see this.

Here, these are just from top page:

So there, I’ve provided evidence that this is occurring.

What’s wrong with the word? Also nice personal attack. I’m not the only one that seems to think this way.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mercy-spammers-are-cult-members-an-observation/187387

No evidence.

Yes, you don’t speak for all Mercy players. You speak for yourself.

I can say whatever I want in terms of representing myself. I don’t represent my opinion and pass it as the opinion of a large group. Critical thinking?

Of course you don’t, I don’t think you understand how a forum works or any public space for that matter or debate.

No, I pointed out how it’s a logical fallacy and manipulative to present your personal opinion as representative of a large group. Learn to read.

Than you need to re-read what I said because that’s not what I’m saying at all. :rofl:

Now explain how this evidence proves this quote:

Almost every? HUNNY, you only listed 3 threads. Like I said, this argument is pointless.

Firstly, this is the definition of a cultist:

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader
I'll let you figure out the problems with calling people this. Secondly, why are you calling out personal attacks after you just said that I need to get a basic level of education? Lmao, let's just not go there...

Well let’s see. 14 nerfs and only one direct nerf to Resurrect. She stays OP after 14 nerfs. I wonder what the issue is :thinking:

Why tf are you then voicing your opinion then? With what you said in mind, every opinion that has been said is pointless…

After just pointing out that other people doing it is pointless…

What do you want me to say? Thank you?

Omg. You said people don’t speak for everyone when they say revert mercy. That would mean giving any opinion on any matter is pointless seeing as how everyone can’t f***ing relate to what you’re saying.

Maybe next time, don’t state an opinion after indirectly saying that stating an opinion is pointless. You could’ve saved us a lot of time.

1 Like

Dva main since day one and I miss being slightly tankier. All I cared about was soaking damage and going pew pew a little bit and would gladly give up these missiles for extra soaking power.

I miss 400 hp armour D’va ;(

1 Like

Me too. Now we just get blown up if we stick our head out for longer than a second.

I miss 400A/100H too :frowning:

1 Like

There are two paths for current mercy, further nerfing needed or a complete rework. Gutting resurrect.

Hahahaha, classic strawman. “Well you have no evidence!” - provides evidence. “Well evidence isn’t enough.” :rofl:

Yeah, I think the definition fits perfectly. All evidence points out that Mercy is still viable, that this nerf to her and buffs to other supports were needed. Yet, no amount of logic or evidence is enough to satisfy the Revert Mercy people and so they flood and spam the forums every 10 seconds with new and new threads. It’s the same small group of people. Mercy is not garbage, that’s objectively false statement.

You called me a hypocrite so you are the initial aggressor.

Valkyrie was OP and they nerfed it. She was a bit overtuned after that still and they nerfed her and buffed other supports. I would call it a step in the right direction. Everything is gucci now, and if it isn’t they will nerf her again and adjust accordingly. No issues.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I don’t think you understand what a logical fallacy is.

It’s one thing to make a position and claim it to be your position and completely else to claim that your opinion is representative of a large group of people. That’s a logical fallacy and manipulation.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. :rofl:

I used to consider myself a mercy main. a 300 hour mercy main. It was fun. I liked flying around keeping my team alive. resurrecting the ones I let die. popping valk and kicking a bit of ***. I stopped playing her after the last nerf. I played her a few times because the team needed another healer and she was still useful, but she’s boring now. this latest nerf just makes her boring and useless.

thanks blizz, you’ve killed my character. I won’t be playing her anymore. 311 hours on a character that I loved and now I refuse to play her. she’s boring as hell. there’s no enjoyment in playing mercy.

1 Like

I miss:

• Mercy not being must-pick because Mass Resurrect just worked
  • Reinhardt working somewhat properly
  • 4 second DM d.Va
  • Junkrat being unable to duel Pharah at all
  • having to strategize because Ana was running triple tank and her 'nade was stupidly strong

There’s probably a lot more of early Overwatch that I miss right now.

1 Like

3 threads to prove that “almost every revert mercy thread acts as if they speak for everyone” is not enough evidence…

Care to tell us who this charismatic leader is?

Nerfs were needed. They nerfed the wrong part of her.

Because Mercy is still OP… Her nerf doesn’t address what’s making her OP, at all.

Most people want a rework. Are you sure you’re on the right forums?

Nope.

Never said she was and I’m pretty sure no one else was claiming this either.

So because I’m the initial aggressor (not like calling someone a hypocrite is that big of a deal…), it’s alright for you to personally attack me? Makes sense.

Resurrect was why it was OP. After it no longer enhanced Resurrect, it gradually became a jack of all trades, remotely insufficient in none.

Surrrrre…

Whatever makes you sleep at night…

https://giphy.com/gifs/kQ1WfQyR2ljCE
2 Likes

It would’ve been broken giving mercy a E ability and having mass resurrect. The reason she didn’t have anything other than GA with mass ressurect is bevause her ultimates made up for all of that.

Having mass Rez and a E ability is a bad idea and tbh it sounds pretty spoiled. Just because her rework failed doesn’t excuse that she still needs to be balanced wether it be revert buffs or rework.

It’s wither mass Rez with GA or another rework. You can’t have it all especially with mercy because having mercy a already mobile and survivable hero a E ability would make her broken levels of mobile and survivable making it even more unfun to play agaisnt.

I think I understand why the devs don’t reply to the mercy threads now.

Wait, where were you when people were looking at the footage of the rework and calling that it was going to be insanely overpowered? I only saw 20 seconds of footage describing and showing it and I called it would be a disaster and people told me that the sky was falling.

I don’t really feel anything for mercy players. or any other supposed mains. Change is inevitable. Sometimes you might not like those changes. This type of balancing isn’t going to go away.

Blizzard isn’t afraid to throw something out that they think isn’t working and try something different. That is a good thing even if those changes may not always 100 percent work out at first.

It could happen to any hero at any time. The game pretty much looks nothing like it did 2 years ago and won’t look anything like it does 2 years from now.

You either adapt or you find a new hero to play. I understand if a hero is longer fun for you after a rework. Your entitled to that, but that doesn’t mean reverting a hero back to the state they were in is the answer. They were changed for a reason.

The goal shouldn’t be to go backwards in regard to balance. reverting mercy is going backwards.

1 Like

It’s nice to see a non-Mercy player with a little empathy.

2 Likes