You could remove Resurrect, and Mercy would still be the best healer in the game

I really don’t mind Mercy. But it’s true she needs weaknesses.

It’s funny how every time it is forgotten than Mercy can’t heal and do dmg at the same time. Neither in Ult.
And it is the only support that can’t.

Removing rez will kill her (in gameplay AND in character). It is better a revert at this point, but removing it, it will mean kill her.

to stay in blizzards area, The safe from death is also an ability from the Priest in World of WarCraft, I’m not sure if it was called: Anglewings, as you give someone those wings, and if they die with the wings, they’ll gain 100% HP and the Wings disapear.

So it would be used like a Zarya bubble but it doesn’t do anything, like charge up something, it would just be there, and if the target dies within the timer, They gain full HP back. so you could use it on your widow to give her advantages, or give it to someone who is going to die. IT’s not making the player OP, as you can outcounter it by killing him twice, hook him over the map, Wait until it disapears, (Hack/EMP?) If not for mercy, maybe for a new support?

Sorry if it’s wrong here, but I had to writte the idea down, now as I got it haha

I understand that that’s how they balance it. What I’m saying is I would rather get rid of it and get something weaker or less impactful in exchange for not having that sever mobility decrease that forces me to hide and stop healing my team (the main reason she was reworked in the first place).

yes but instead of doing that they give her a monopol on reliable healing through barriers… so something needs to be done about her.

Actually, as Jeff himself stated, she’s fine. Nothing needs to be done about her, technically.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

half a year ago…

pretty sure she will get nerfs… while you guys wanted buffs for her the whole time.

Are you generalizing everyone who played Mercy as one voice, wanting buffs? Because if you are, then you are mistaken.

Pretty sure she won’t get nerfs. The only other option now is a Revert :heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

no i’m not generalizing… since i even play ton of mercy myself.

but i’m coming back to you when the nerfs happen.

You don’t speak for every mercy main, myself included, so you are most certainly generalizing. A lot of mercy mains didn’t want her buffed, and a lot of them didn’t want her reworked, so that is statistically false information.

And okay! See you later!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

yes actually a lot want buffs for her… you can regulary see the "valk is useless… ", “rez is useless”.

also since you are talking about statistics… please provide them to me if you have them.
you dont… so you cannot use this argument as well. but you trying… that doesnt make it better.

I feel like this - with an organized team GA is amazing and better, with a disorganized team or a team that’s going for the Death-Ball comp Fade is better as a team split all over the map or a clumped up team really is bad for GA and Fade then wins out on independence of use and invulnerability.

You have some good point’s.
But let me remind you, that Mercy’s base heal (kit) only changed once in the entire live time of the game. And that change back then didn’t even made her that much stronger. Same goes for Res at the same time but that’s another story.

Point is:

Mercy is only that viable because other healers (Ana, Moira, Lucio) are over nerfed or just straight up too weak.
Sure E res is a problem, i agree with that, but her base kit is far away from causing issues.

Ah yes, that was just a suggestion to give an idea of what I was going for. I also suggested in my original post in the Mega that hack could also be a hard counter, resetting the healing. After thinking about it I think 50 to 70 would be better, and the ease of reaching those 70 could be adjusted either by making the time Mercy has to be alive fairly long or (if a kind of meter is used) increase the needed healing/boost/damage to appropriately high levels.

The idea was mostly to be able to differentiate between players more skilled with her (that can keep themselves alive) and to reward enemies more for killing Mercy (forcing her to come back with less heals).

1 Like

the thing is tho… with them nerfing moira when she clearly isnt overpowered… just means they need to nerf mercy as well to bring her down to the level of the others.

if they wouldnt want to nerf moira… they could compensated that “fix” with larger range on her healing; orb having larger aoe healing radius… they didnt do it.

so i expect mercy nerfs…

You started with “you guys want buffs” and now its “A lot want buffs”. So… Is it not “every Mercy main” anymore as you have implied? Have you realized that your previous statement was just a generalization? If so than I’m glad you’ve agreed with me!

And If you want proof of people not wanting buffs, I suggest you look at the 10 Mercy megathreads. There’s tens of thousands of posts proving the exact opposite of what you’re saying right now so… Don’t take my word for it :wink:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Well, i tell you that.
I’m analyzing the entire situation since players started to say that Mass Res is OP. I checked pick rates, patch notes and such many times.

And my overall conclusion is that nerfing Mercy is and never was a good idea (same goes for the rework).
Nothing would change, she would still be the best healer just because all the other sups are so weak.

If they just nerf Mercy and don’t rework her.
Well… that would be the confirmation that the dev team has no idea how they should balance the sup category.

1 Like
  1. She has the easiest healing because that’s all she does. She is the purest healing character.
  2. I agree with this, it’s very strong.
  3. Once again, it’s because she is the purest healer, no other utility like CC or Speed.
  4. I agree with this, but again, it’s the only thing she has going for her.
  5. Wrong. Moira has possibly the best mobility in the healing class, or maybe Lucio. Mercy relies too heavily on teammates and LOS for mobility.
  6. Very strong, agreed.
  7. I think she only continues healing for a moment without LOS, same as Zen, but I could be wrong. I jumped off the Mercy train when Moira dropped because Mercy reworked became boring to play.

ANd the last point of Rez, I don’t think so personally. You can’t Rez someone into a fight, because you’re more likely to be eliminated while Rezzing. Rezzing someone back into a push though, yes. Mid fight? Unlikely.

I think Mercy should be the best at pure HPS, because it’s her only job. Lucio, Moira, Brig, Zen, and Lucio all have secondary uses that balance them out, in theory. Mercy is overtuned right now, but I don’t think it’s for most of what you mentioned.

I still want a balanced Mercy revert though, to be honest. Just saying, more fun pre-rework. Just my opinion though.

Uh. Yeah. Because Mercy provides consistent heals. Her literal job and the only thing she does is heals. she’s SUPPOSED to be the best at it. Other supports bring other things to the table. Neither Moria or Ana are main healers. Please.

Mercy doesn’t need nerfs. Nor does the healing capability of other supports need to be buffed. It’s what other healers bring to the table that needs to be buffed.

If you make other healers as good as Mercy goes right back to being pointless. Because they’d do her job just as good but they also have other things. Where as again, Mercy only heals.

:clap: Mercy is not the issue :clap: The issue is shields keep growing :clap: but we aren’t making adjustments to the support class to balance their amount and effectiveness.

Toning Mercy down will not suddenly make the issue of shields go away. I don’t know what is so hard to understand about that.

2 Likes