"you can now interrupt reload by hacking"

im pr sure it means you can animation cancel a reload w/ hack, a lot like soldier can cancel w/ any of his abilities
this basically means that sombra can use hack more consistently in a fight
unless im wrong lol

2 Likes

I think it stops the enemy from being able to relaod while hacked?

Pretty sure it means that when Sombra is reloading she can now interrupt that by pressing hack when she couldn’t before.

3 Likes

No no no no no, it allows you to cancel the animation of your own reload with hack. You know, like every hero can do with their abilities.

It’s a timing issue, mostly relevant when you’re dealing with with time management on a fast paced hero like Sombra.

This one for example, i made the mistake of reloading when i’m in range of the megapack and had to stare at it while reloading instead of hacking and moving on, then reloading while entering the elevator. It’s just a second or so, but every bit of time matters for Sombras playstyle.

Good timing means you can smoothly transition from one ability to the next even when under fire. Allowing us to cancel reload when we accidentally start it at the wrong time allows Sombra’s… uh… rhythm? To be more forgiving.

And that’s not counting all the times when you’re on high ground reloading, and Reinhardt happens to be running by right below you and then puts up a shield just as you finish reloading. FFFUUUU–

There’s a rhythm to playing Sombra, if you can find that rhythm and maintain it like some sort of hidden combo, playing her feels epic, even if you lose the game.

2 Likes

Congrats mate!

I would guess that sugar skulls above hacked enemies would be coming in near future considering it’s a rather minor thing, but may I ask why translocator interrupting reload is a problem? I was under the impression that translocator is usually for escaping and in which case you would have plenty of time to reload

Now let’s pray that Blizzard won’t take a third year to realize that Shadowstep is obsolete as **** and actually get on improving it

Wait this change was added? Patch notes pls

It’s not on the PTR yet, but Geoff replied to a Sombra thread.

1 Like

You use your mic and tell your team who’s hacked?

not everyone is always on comms sadly

and yes i also want sugar skull marker

OR SOmbra needs to shout that she hacked someone

could even be done in a funny way

no more shield for rein!
Soldier cant run away no more!
The monkey is grounded!
no orbs for moira!
Aerial superiority denied (for phara)

etc…

2 Likes

Repositioning doesn’t always mean escape, especially if you’re harassing, here’s one when i went to d.va

There’s also the fact that Sombras reload sequence is unique from any other FPS game. If you’re an FPS veteran, you’re hardwired to reload after an encounter. Sombras the only FPS character where you DON’T reload after a fight. You Teleport after the fight, and THEN reload after the teleport. Kinda hard to put that into muscle memory when she the only one that does this. Since your muscle memory says “Reloading done, ammo full”, you run to your next fight with 10 bullets in your gun.

BTW, that’s also an example of me putting a translocator in front of an enemy, just because they see it doesn’t mean they can camp it :stuck_out_tongue: It’s fine to put one right on the enemy if you know they’re going to be distracted anyway and then get them when they turn away from it to deal with something else.

2 Likes

now i will fail even more reloads on even more heroes. I hate reload cancels, should be optional

Awesone! This is nice

That would be amazing, but I also want the sugar skulls, because the main problem is not telling who got hacked by regular hack, but rather who got hit by EMP.

The translocator can be used for multiple purposes. Sometimes you use it to chase someone, or maybe you were fighting someone, killed him and you want to immediately throw the TL on point to EMP. If you do that your reload will get interrupted by the TL throw, the TL teleporting animation AND the EMP animation, unless you sit for 1.5 seconds doing nothing to let your reload animation finish naturally. It’s way too clunky and makes a hero that already suffers from her own slow pace EVEN slower paced.

That makes more sense. Guess it was simply poor wording initially. ty!

1 Like

Congrats! I hate that when you want to use an ability the hero instead just tries to continue reloading like seriously? I can cut it off by melee but I can’t do anything else?

1 Like

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more

I swear, I thought you meant you could stop another character from reloading by timing a Hack right.

Like “Wait a MINUTE.”

lol it’s the way the devs phrased it.