You buffed Echo?

If her head hitbox was too big from one angle then they should fix that. I do not think they should avoid making obvious QoL changes to a hero because of the balance of said hero. They should treat them separately and deal with them both.

1 Like

Have you seen how absurd it was?

That was a must fix

Even with his body shape his hitbox is far too big.

2 Likes

Good now time to fix Zen headshot hitbox.

4 Likes

Meanwhile Torb’s entire front is still a crit hitbox

exdee

To be fair, I’ve found it extremely easy to ping Echo, even while completely smashed irl.

Keep in mind it says the height has been reduced, it’s says nothing about the volume being changed.

Did you see how big her head is?

I don’t think this is meant to be a balance change as much as it is a bug/consistency change. Her head hitbox is giganto compared to her sprite and makes it so that the person shooting gets awarded headshots despite having not actually shot her head.

Of course, having that smaller hitbox is going to be a bit of a survival buff for Echo, but I’d rather have sane-functioning hitboxes and apply more intentional nerfs from there.

Buffed Rein too. :sunglasses:

Good to see that they focused on buffing weak heroes this patch.

You think Rein and Echo are weak?

Apparently a sunglasses emoji does not convey sarcasm well enough.

I’m going to have to go update my Twitter bio.

1 Like

My bad, running on 3 hours of sleep and my phone did not display the emoji properly. o_o

Laughs in Grandma’s hit box

1 Like

adadadwadadadwadaadadsadade

Actual keystrokes from me playing Ana.

To OP: I personally believe that Echo benefits from those changes, and is also in a good and balanced state right now. I am ergo, very much happy with Echo in her current state, and feel that the devs have done a great job in both creating and balancing her.

Which is something she needs, though you’re correct insofar that in the context of having flight it makes sense.

Which brings me to what I think actually needs to be done: remove the glide entirely and keep just the momentary forward-boost of her flight, remove the free-flying. So it’s more like a hop.

Echo is the definition of a 5head hero.

3 Likes

They did it to Reinhardt too. Evidently this was a change made for the sake of having hitboxes work properly instead of balancing the game.

Only thing is they removed the critbox and hitbox from between her head and back so Widow doesnt kill her by shooting in between.