You are where you belong

I keep seeing people on here complain about forced 50/50 and being unable to climb even though they are "“way better then the rank they are at”.
So I tried to experience it myself, being a masters/gm player I wanted to see if you could actually get stuck in low elo.
9 games
It took my 2 hours and 9 games to get 3.6k
get gud

15 Likes

I will never say I don’t belong where I am. The real issue that you fail to see is the amount of players who DON’T BELONG HERE. (SMURFS) Players your rank that have accounts to kick players like me around. WHAT FUN THAT IS FOR US!!!

22 Likes

Nope. Now for others that may be true. But not for me. And my alt account proves it. Main account stuck in low gold high silver, dropped to bronze at one point on DPS. After 300 games on my alt account, I’m almost plat (30 points away in fact). Similarly on my Tank, High silver to mid-gold on the main account. On my alt? Almost DIAMOND (200 away) after 100+ games. Sorry but no, I personally do not belong where I do on the main account. Granted its only 1-2 ranks above my main account, but that’s better than nothing! Hopefully this will let me learn from the higher ranked games (instead of stomps like on my main) and I can get better!

7 Likes

Region? Time of day? Role? Characters? Mic?

Now I think about I too can start saying this… I got an alt STUCK in silver for tank, main is one game away from plat.

1 Like

FM or AM?

1 Like

I agree. People are stuck in a rank because they are bad.

3 Likes

Na 2-4pm tank no mic at all
just to easy

2 Likes

Thought so. (Also guessing hog or rein?)

Tanks are the most influential. They are the cause for rolls and rolling.

Try again on dps

I like the contrast between the user “calm” in all lowercase and “RAGE” in all capitals showing up for first post at the same time

also over 6 accounts I have yet for one of them to truly get stuck on any role. I think I bought out the stock of “good” accounts :grin:

don’t ask me why I bought the game so many times, I’m not good with my money

4 Likes

let me take some money off your hands then!

1 Like

Obvious troll. But good point for a conversation because in truth, unless you are diamond+, you will not climb to the level you deserve. This is because in the game there are so many smurfs that you need to play like on gold level to get out of bronze.

Let me explain this on a very simple example:

You have 10 chess players: 3 grandmasters, 3 masters and 6 average players. In ideal world you would only play with average players to climb, but lets say that those masters and grandmasters each started playing under different name. Now, a new player will have a 50/50 chance to play versus high skilled player, which is like +99% lost game. Even if that new player had 50% chance to win against any of the 6 average players, the new winrate is ~25%.

Smurfs are a plague and a thing that kills this game.

6 Likes

well why arent u as good as smurfs? there is nothing keeping you from being good enough to control the matches like smurfs you just arent good enough for that

3 Likes

Apparently you’re unable to even process the arguments being made.

get remedial reading comprehension.

Because you improve by playing against the next skill tier higher until you reach it but you cant improve by playing against people 3 or 5 skill tiers higher.

3 Likes

I would like to disagree, Im 100% sure if a you put a bronze into a masters lobby/skrims for a week, he will improve drastically more because he is being punished for mistakes that low ranks dont punish for, making him realise his mistakes more and more

The concept is the same for singular smurfs, they punish people for not positioning good

1 Like

Please dont speak the truth on the forums or I will have to report you.

4 Likes

Stuck doesn’t mean bad. Just means where they belong. Could be stuck in GM too.

3 Likes

If you have >50% winrate and you’re climbing, you aren’t where you belong. Some people also complain about the rank they’re in because of how long it takes to climb and how much grinding it’s needed.

1 Like

I know this post is supposed to get people angry but the core message is true.

People on these forums flat-out refuse to accept that they’ve reached their peak SR in comp and blame everything else under the sun (smurfs, cheaters, throwers, matchmaker, etc).

If most high-skill players can do an ‘unranked to gm’ challenge successfully, there is no elo-hell…and maybe…just maybe…people need to practice more… :wink:

4 Likes

you literally just proved the point you were trying to debunk. you’re a master/gm player pretending to be a low tier rank. see how that story writes itself? you are actually part of the problem lol nice try though.

6 Likes