Yet another Mercy Thread

Yes another one.

Now the problem is that not only is Mercy as boring as ever, she’s not impactful. The fun part of her is the mobility of bouncing around juggling you healing and damage boost.

However, right now her best use comes in pocketing a hero. Being a side-kick isnt fun particularly when pocketing requires you to gasp hide and stay behind cover to stay connected to your pocket.

Not only that, current Resurrect not only incentivizes hiding, more often than not, it forces you to go out of combat and gasp force a main healer to stop healing so they can bring someone back.

Attempting one in combat would have similar result to using Shadow Step in combat. In my opinion both should be removed and replaced with something else, particularly in Mercy’s case where it eats up so much of her power budget and in fact doesnt accomplish what the rework video said the point of the rework was, which was to make Mercy more engaging and participate in fights. Sure she does that more, but her “core” ability now requires the use of cover in much the same way.

Now when I play competitive, I get Moiras who are DPSing all the time, or Ana’s that can’t aim as the main healers. Lucio’s and Zen’s kinda do too but they arent main healers and their healing kinda just requires them to exist (and Brig HAS to dps to even bring constant healing).

Overall, no Mass Rez should not come back because we all know how even after 3 buffs to it it was bad and the only way to make it useable was to give it outright invulnerability and thus no counterplay. The rework has only made that ability less impactful.

However, just as the people behind the scenes are not going to revert her, they are just as opposed to removing Resurrect altogether. Its iconic, its cute but it doesnt work.

Now, Mercy is perfectly balanced but at what cost? SO much of the playerbase has left starting with a lot of Mercy mains and then eventually the rest due to the incapable Anas or DPS Moira’s.

Yes this was just a rant, but it could lead to some thoughtful discussion.

Either raise Mercy’s skill floor to make room for some buffs (like idk making her healing decrease the farther she is away from someone or if they are offscreen, make it like Moiras’s secondary where its kinda lockon-y) or just remove resurrect altogether which I would prefer the latter.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018