Yet another mercy suggestion (dont kill me)

i know i know dont kill me, lower the pitchforks, Bazookas, Rifles, Etc

Get your hand away from the flag button and disable the keys “S” “P” “A” and “M”

Yes, that includes you jeremy, I see you near that flag button, back off and hear

The general community consensus is the following:

Rez is a problem, We either delete it, Or we go back to old mercy or whatehver,

So…Im going to propose a mix of two ideas…

Not make Rez an ult, Not an active ability, Nor delete it,

Rather make it a passive

It would work like this:

Mercy, can now heal the souls of the dead players, at a fixed rate, Lets put it for the sakes of the example, 20% of their max health per second, Once the health reaches its max, the character is revived

If mercy stops healing the soul, the “healing” slowly decays at a fixed rate,

and now, we still have rez that is not overpowered, but its still a rez, it doesnt feel sluggish as mercy can move arround while healing, and its not an instant resurrect, but mercy can still potentially rez more than one person, it still takes skill, as a good mercy will be able to priorize healing the soul while still healing her team and potentially rez more than one person at a time by juggling between souls

For a cooldown, seeing as it would take a long time to actually rez somebody i dont think it should have a cooldown, maybe a small 5s one or something,

and we also have now an empty ability slot, to throw a more “active” ability in there

So whatcha think?

With your current 20% of total health, it would take 5 seconds to rez a dead Reinhardt to full health. But if Reinhardt is alive, it takes ten seconds just to heal him to full health at 50hp/s. It is literally twice as fast to just let a hurt Reinhardt die and then rez him than it is to try to heal him up to full health.

Surely we want to discourage Mercy from intentionally letting her teammates die?

If Rez isn’t going to have a significant cooldown, then it needs to come at the cost of being much slower than her regular heals. But even if she rezzes at 45hp/s, she won’t rez fast enough to rez most tanks before they respawn.

I do like the idea of having Rez take much longer in exchange for having mobility during rez, though. I think it may be fair enough for Mercy to rez at a much faster rate than she heals if the ability has a long cooldown. Also I would also suggest that rez can get cancelled if Mercy stop healing, as that opens up more room for counterplay via stuns/disruption, which is especially important since Mercy will be able to dodge damage if she’s mobile during rez.

In fact, if you really want to make it sooper hard mode (and I kind of do) I would have rez only activate if you are healing the target when they die. That way it serves as less of a “oops I let my teammate die so I’ll rez them” and more of a “I was already healing them but they died anyway because Mercy’s hp/s is garbage, at least I still have rez.”

it was a numerical example really, the 20% can change i just throw it for idea context mainly