Yesterday marked one year since Mercy was reworked

On August 24, 2017, the most controversial developer update aired. It announced the upcoming Mercy rework that would cause an almost year long meta of Mercy being the best support in the game. They said she’d be more engaging, have more options, and take more skill. She’s just a shell now.

Just now are we finally seeing the Mercy Meta die, and it has been a year. It seems almost all Mercy players on this forum agree that old Mercy took more skill, was more fun, and was less annoying than current Mercy.

For the sake of fun, and the forums, and the game, and everything, just please look at how this entire rework was one huge failure. Just revert her and we can put this whole debacle behind us.

I don’t care if you add a cast time, LoS, and strip away the invulnerability on Mass Rez anymore. It’ll still be more fun than the glorified spectator camera. You backed yourselves into a corner by being stubborn with this rework. There’s nowhere to go except to turn around and start over.

Please. It’s time. Bring back Mercy. I want it, most of you want it, and we all know this rework didn’t do what it was supposed to do.

61 Likes

So… nerf Mercy? /s

2 Likes

5 man rez was SOOOOO fun. oh yes i REALLY enjoyed committing everything only for a no skill hero to put Q through a wall and rez everyone with full hp and ults. Nah im happy with mercy now. shes balanced and not a must pick in every single game. just pick up a different hero and learn how to have fun with the game again.

8 Likes

I don’t want Misery in the game anymore. I want Mercy back. The game seems to have gone through more problems with this rework that it solved in the long run. Months of broken character, and months of nerfing. Now here we are with people wanting more nerfs. When will it end, and when will Bliz stop?

16 Likes

Instructions unclear. Mercy’s Guardian Angel cooldown has now been increased to 4 seconds.

13 Likes

You shouldn’t act like the forums are the entire community.

In fact, we maybe make up 2% of the remaining playerbase.

5 Likes

I prefer current Mercy. I find her much more fun now.

4 Likes

Somehow, changing the ultimate totally and completely changed her entire playstyle!

Now, rather than holding your healing / damage beam on someone and flying around, you…

…you…

…wait.

You do the same thing as before.

Nevermind.

5 Likes

But we don’t know that for a fact. Many more could be unhappy with the changes, but not like using forums or social media. I am one, and only started using the forums cause of bugs that got bad.

You just assume everyone is happy with it. Dismissed

5 Likes

Shouldn’t commit everything ever.

well I mean mercy doesn’t really do that

Avoid him. He is obviously being mean :unamused:

Total recent playtime of 0 Hours I assume?
Definatly not more than 9 in QP since there is non in comp.

Or did you mean to play against?

Yet no subreddits are freaking out about Mercy. No social Media is freaking out about Mercy. Only the forums. No youtubers that generally cover OW have said anything. No player that’s not a mercy main using the forums is publicaly complaining to any degree.

Yet OP just assumes most players are unhappy with it because the forums are freaking out.

Not only is this not true, but takes things way out of perspective in the fact they’re not acknowledging anything that’s happening.

2 Likes

r/gatekeeping lol.

So only players that main a certain hero are allowed to have an opinion?

1 Like

And still you assume others are happy. See where this sits

2 Likes

I mean, more often than not people in my games agree with me when the talk about revert Mercy comes up. I almost never come across people in my matches that think current Mercy is more engaging, fun, and takes more skill.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Time flies when you’re having fun! I’ve personally been happy with Mercy and where she stands and her playstyle the past year. Even with all the nerfs. I still have fun with Mercy. That doesn’t take away the fun I have with other heroes.

I think it’s worth mentioning that even though she doesn’t have the “wow” moment people like to talk about, I still feel impactful and that I am contributing to my team whenever I play her.

But that’s just my experience.

Honestly, if people really were that unhappy with her, and did not have fun playing a character for a year straight… that’s on them. Totally on you, my dudes. There are other heroes to play, other games to play, other things to do. But it isn’t up to me to determine how people waste their free time.

1 Like

You must assume that players are atleast content with the current state of the game if they don’t say anything. However, it appears as if the playerbase is rapidly declining. Without feedback, how could it possibly get better?

What this comes down to is only Mercy’s on the forums and r/MercyMains are freaking out about Mercy’s state. Even r/Mercy mains seem to widely be more positive than the forums. At times, almost every post on the forums is talking about how bad Mercy is. On r/mercymains, they’re trying to be constructive. Even putting out suggestions of what Mercy should be. There’s little to not discussion about how bad Mercy is. They’re so positive over there it’s ridiculous.

Quick look and within the first 50 posts I found, only 4 were discussing Mercy’s state. And they were actually ideas of what Mercy should be and were presented constructively and with respect to players and the developers.

Most players are atleast content with Mercy’s state right now. The only exception that seems to be growing like a pimple is the Mercy mains on the forums.

The forums don’t show my full play time on her. I have 20+ hours on her in total. I haven’t checked in a while so I can’t give exact numbers. I don’t play comp because I want to actually have fun in this game and not deal with toxicity.

2 Likes

Considering there’s hardly a difference between the 2 and most, if not all, players that have been here since the start are gone, most don’t remember how easy it was to press shift to go into the pile of dead bodies to only hit 1 button and literally have them and their allies immune to everything for the next 2 seconds or so. Most of them don’t remember how frustrating this was to play against. Most players don’t remember how easy Mercy used to be.

And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You get as much out of Valkyrie as you put in. If you want to sit there and just fly away from the combat and heal, you can do that. But you shouldn’t complain that it’s boring when you could be 1v1ing the enemy backline to help distract the enemy team’s source of healing. You could be killing the enemy widow. You could be doing so much but instead you choose to sit back and heal like that is what the ultimate was good for.

1 Like