Yes picking torb and REFUSING to switch needs to be considered throwing

im not even sorry but i just got out of a comp game where a torb 1 trick refused to get off torb even tho he was getting destroyed

im talking could not set up a turret as pharah was destroying it and him when he was trying to upgrade it

didnt pop ult once because “im waiting to get my turret up before i use it”

we had to keep going to get him out of spawn because the other team saw he wasnt changing and went back and were spawn trapping him

when we asked him to change he said “yeah sorry i only play torb”

that is totally throwing to me… like you have to know how poorly your playing but still refuse to change because “i only play torb on this account”

like come on.

edit : i want to add it is not throwing if you just pick torb if you’re holding the point and keeping your turret up you’re fine but when you literally cant set up and spend more time dead than alive its time to change

Edit 2: i want to add that yes i know its not throwing as it stands right now but the rules need to be changed because stuff like this needs to be considered throwing amd yes i know any hero it should be throwing

67 Likes

It’s gameplay sabotage.

43 Likes

I enjoy playing Torb sometimes. Yesterday I was playing on 66 first point as Torb, and as soon I died by Widow and saw they had a Reaper, I’m just like, Imma just switch. People playing whatever is fine, unless they are getting countered or constantly dying.

2 Likes

Until the OFFICAL rules say so, no it’s not get over it

35 Likes

Technically the game clearly states in the report section that playing one hero, refusing to switch or playing poorly is not an offense.

Did your team even TRY to work around the torb? IE: shield his turret?

On my torb only account I am 62% win rate and most of the 38% of my losses are due to teams thinking I am throwing so they throw the game themselves. Maybe you and or your teammates had that attitude in response to him picking torb?

The way I play torb doesn’t even require a shield because I flank or set up at off angles to create space. But if I have a team that decides I am throwing before we even start or after 1 failed push then its really hard to do anything…

Torb is a great counter for dive, pharrah, doomfist, he works well with shield breaking because his turret + his left click combined do 120+ dmg per second from range…

Get this too, his turret is basically a free tank for your team. If his turret is constantly dying (every 5 s) that means YOU are not getting focused by that same damage the turret is…people are SOOO oblivious to this its insane.

33 Likes

Anyone can use this to clearly give a bs reason to throw. I’ll play torb and build a turret just outside our spawn to protect against a spawn trap. That is a waste of time and will clearly result in a loss but If that is someone’s plan to win can they really be accused of throwing? Bottom line is unless the explicitly say so, any move someone does can be justified as them trying to win and just playing poorly but anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see through this.

5 Likes

Playing poorly is not a gameplay sabotage, its written right under reports

8 Likes

I’m realising more and more than anything you do in this game is considered throwing by someone :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

But playing poorly and refuse to switch is and here is why:

• There may be teammates who are possibly better with that character in that situation
  • If teammates ask nicely to switch and the players answer is a simple “no, f*** you” and starts to throw the game (emoting, spraying on spawn, feeding)
  • If his team has 3-5 dps already and he still picks Torb (Yes i know thats the teams fault too)
1 Like

If you want to argue, argue with those who set the rules which clearly state that playing any particaular hero/doing poorly is not a reportable offence.

Also there is LFG for those who want highter degree of control over their teammates.

12 Likes

I want to, there are too much ridicolous rules about the report system, but because im not an OWL player/ Popular streamer/ Top 500 player no one cares about my opinion.

3 Likes

id call it gameplay sabotage avoide him an no endorsements eather combo of that

2 Likes

Torb has a 240 damage right click, the first thing you say is he can’t build a turret? So what? When I play torb I just use the turret to absorb a hanzo arrow while I left click his dome. Forget the turret, most of the time its pointless… Its good at time denying a tracer and revealing enemy positions, were those issues for you? If not, why mention the turret at all? Maybe you don’t even know which hero you should be playing or what the other hero’s capabilities are and that’s why you lost the first point? This game has become “Any time I lose it’s someone elses fault”

I’ve won 4v6 at 3k+ I’ve won countless games with a 6 dps team at 3k+, I’ve won games with torbjorn thrower walking off the edge of the map every 20 seconds. Did I complain? Nah. Was I happy about it, nah. Was it fun winning out gunned, hell yes.

Now this might be a shocker to you but sometimes(quite often) running a 2-2-2 IS THROWING. For instance, if you have a torbjorn on your team, more than likely running 2-2-2 is the reason you’re struggling.

Blizzard created an environment that caters to incompetence. You join a game, you pick any hero besides mercy or Reinhardt and you’re basically walking through a mine field at that point. So you decide to pick tracer, your teammate Reinhardt uses his charge 4 seconds into the match, yolos and dies. 10 seconds into the match Reinhardt says “****ing trash tracer”… Reinhardt dies 4 more times and says, “worst tracer ever”… Entire team reports tracer. Tracer banned. Blizzard steps in, " Yup, verified ban."

Its in everyone best interest right now in this game to be the first one to complain about someone else because human beings are pack animals and have a metaphorical thought process which automatically means tracer ruined that game for everyone if you look at the chat log, since nobody can see tracer’s point of view unless tracer is broadcasting it on stream or recording it and putting it up for people to see at a later time… in either case, nobody in the 12 player match sees anything but flame and always (because we’re pack animals) backs up the first bs complaint.

10 Likes

And mute+block and maybe avoid as teammate if hes toxic enough for that :slight_smile:

Yes, i agree with that. The game has become “Blame the highest level player”. If something is really my fault, i agree with that and i even write in the chat that “sorry, that was my fault”. It works if my teammates arent toxic.

If someone is really good Torb/Hanzo/etc. then i help him and not blaming him (like picking orisa to shield Turret, pick Zarya to Gravdragon, Ana for Nanoblade etc.) but no one can help in case if someone just trollpicked a character (Sombra/Torb/Widow with 40 hours and 2-3% winrate and instalocks them everytime. Yes i’ve seen tens of players like that)

I agree with the 2-2-2 opinion too. We have triple tank and triple dps meta and with the incoming support changes maybe we shall see even a triple support meta but the “2-2-2 or i throw” messages like this one made this blind toxicity we have ingame right now.

You are also doing the same thing. False reporting is game sabotage as well. Also, we need to start taking players privilege away from the report system.

2 Likes

False reporting if he reports him during the hero select phase. In case if our one trick friend becomes toxic and ruins the game of the other 11 players then its need to be a reason to report.

But then im asking a question. In case of one-tricking why only the Torb and Symmetra OTP-s are to blame? Because these two characters are double-edged blades. Even if you are playing on a pro level with them.

And thats why the 1% of the real pro Torb and Sym OTP-s are in the shadows of the other 99% OTP-s who are only trolling and tilting the other 5 teammates.

1 Like

No it’s not, because Blizzard defines what sabotage is and they explicitly excluded those reasons.

4 Likes

Honestly i dont care about what Blizzard claims to be sabotage. They are already failed to make a fair report system.

EDIT: I get daily 3-4 “Thank you for reporting!” message because i dont fear to report who deserves to. Abusive chat for toxicity and Gameplay Sabotage for throwing/griefing.

3 Likes

Torb is useful at countering an oppressive Tracer or a Pharah without heals, but unfortunately, there’s a much better pick in most gameplay scenarios.

If the reported system worked right you would’ve been banned for false reporting.

8 Likes