Yeah never mind, brig is still good

After doing a few matches with brig, honestly I can barely see much of a difference in her playstyle regarding the nerfs. Yeah shes wittle bit squish by the self heal buff certainly helps her alot.
Imo I thought these nerfs would suck, but honestly I’ve enjoyed them.

Yeah shocker, someone on the internet admitting their mistakes.

51 Likes

You’re not allowed to do that. I’m calling Trump.

20 Likes

You’ll never take me alive reee

15 Likes

It reminds me a lot of the original Orisa barrier nerfs, or the Sigma nerfs now. I was really cautious about them at first but after getting used to them their sharply reduced leniency just ended up… making me play more sharply, with more focus.

Barriers went from maintenance to a momentary tactical advantage that must be exploited. Brig’s HP made my barrier play go always saving Bash until I was in stun range to often flank-bashing to natural cover and then adding my damage on the focus target more safely, unless I specifically needed to counter something. Both forced me to feel, frankly, a bit more wary and mindful, but in a way that was largely positive for the experience. At least until you’re being hard focused.

1 Like

i mean she’s still good, but is this what we want from brig? to be good but being incredibly annoying to play into? a bit boring to play?

like really, i’d take a rework at this point so she can move away from being oath bound to procc inspire as her major goal in games.

5 Likes

Seems no matter how much they drag Brig’s face through the manure, she always manages to stand up, brush herself off, and get back in there.

But at this point, if she is still usable, I feel she’ll be hanging on by a thread. Most nerfed character in Overwatch history at this point, I believe.

14 Likes

Except Rein/Sigma is now guaranteed to be meta, taking us straight back to square one…

1 Like

“Guaranteed”?

You realize most pros thought Orisa-Rein would be the way forward after her nerfs, only to quickly learn how to play around the reduced barrier HP, right? And their scrims at least gave it a decent testing environment that the echo chambers from which the first two weeks of playrates after a major change are derived below GM.

Nothing is so certain this early on.

1 Like

Idk if it’s a testimate to how good of a hero she is or just the revealing flaws of her design.

9 Likes

1300hp vs 2300hp…

Barriers are still as necessary as before…

1 Like

You realize whoever takes that 1600 HP barrier, assuming it’s somehow not nerfed in turn, is taking a 132 DPS loss, too, right, from the lack of Orisa?

Even assuming the Rein was somehow using a team that can shieldcrack just as quickly as a doublebarrier comp, they’d need only kite for 9 seconds to equalize shield values, and that’s not as hard as it may first sound when you add in Halt (each costing about 2.5 seconds’ time) and the fact that Rein’s barrier slows the entire team to play around while active but damn near has to be held when facing Junkrat or snipers without a D.Va or Sigma shield and Sigma’s shield is now quite expensive to cycle in.

Again, no comp is as of yet guaranteed, at least to our reasonable knowledge. Let it play out for more than a measly 30 hours before resorting to fatalism, yeah?

2 Likes

Both

IMO she needs a mild mechanical rework that addresses a few things in her core kit.

8 Likes

Brig is like a roach, unless they absolutely crush her kit she’s always gonna be viable due to how insanely versatile her kit is.

12 Likes

…f-fair enough… …

1 Like

Brig could be literally the payload itself, unable to do anything whatsoever except use her 5 damage single target close range stun every now and then

and people would still call for nerfs to her

15 Likes

They should take her Stun away, and then make her more of a “Durable Healer”.

That way she can’t provide anti-Dive Peel for DoubleBarrier.

At this point just scrap the entire kit and come up with something new.

Not talking about a rework like the 3 repair packs to one pack thing. Just a full on new kit.

4 Likes

I really dont agree with taking away her stun as you’d have to really buff her defense side in order for her to not just fall to pieces as soon as she comes in contact with enemies

1 Like

Brigitte is not affected as much as her team is

2 Likes

You people are delusional. Brig is dead & that experimental change is just kicking a dead horse. No armor packs, crapier shield, and less health? Brig is just a corpse of her former self. What else is there to take? Her mace?

7 Likes