Yeah I'm not having fun solo tanking :)

If 1-3-2 goes live I’m going to another game. I am a main tank player, my favorite role are main tanks and it sucks solo tanking in this 1-3-2 system.

Bleh. Playing DVa in 132 is… lame.

She’s simultaneously kind of OP, and not fun to play. You’re just a walking massively armored DField generator with none of the mobility that she currently enjoys. The guns mounted on her mech are pretty much just there for show - your only job is to run around and dfield everyone and everything.

Her classical role as a diver and disruptor is completely gone, because you need to stay tied to your support in order to keep them constantly dfielded and thus breathing - the only time you get to do any ‘diving’ is when the enemy team is either horribly out of position, or have already basically lost the fight, freeing you up to pounce the fleeing survivors.

Weak.

Bad doctors prescribe a drug for a problem, and then another drug for the side effects and then a new drug for those side effects, and then…

Good doctors find a drug without bad side effects.

Blizzard is not a good doctor.

this so true. I think this only affects people who used to hold shield and hope ur team just do the job for you.

Tank role is different now. You are mighty and powerfully. You just need to drop the idea of “i need to protect my team” and just go on with dps and frag ppl.

I played alotta 1-3-2 before rolelock and it was my favorite comp. Im glad they added it back and with buffs to tanking

Um… Unless you’re referring Hog and Hammond players as DPS (which I kinda agree) solo tanking hasn’t been a thing in months.

the “buffs” are for exp 1-3-2 mode only, says it in the description.

except tanks like rein cant do that, because well… purple and melt like butter in lava

1 Like

Its just the opposite. I had to play passive as Rein ( and became a shield bot) because every time I tried to swing my hammer I Got hs-ed by Widow, frozen by Mei… It was one of my most afful tank experience.

Rein alone could work if the enemy does not have any snipers ( you need the shield if the enemy Widow is better, than yours) or a Mei (she alone counters 2/3 of the tank role), but any of them are present, your only option is to play as Orisa ( I personaly like to play as Orisa, but many ppl hate to play her).

yes, agree thats why heroes like rein also need to be changed. and heroes like mei need to be nerfed with cc.

More practice? Maybe you are too used to leaning on an “off tank”, and now realizing ur true skill?

Or just simply adapting?

I believe you are still in the mindset of what “tank” is (mmorpg, moba), when the mindset should change that a “tank” hero should simply mean that its a hero that has more hp and more resilient, which is what makes them unique in that type of hero.

Sorry, but how should I adapt as a solo tank against a team of hard counters when my side is attacking and we need to push through a choke point like on Hanamura or Paris? The defending side hase an enomous advantage on thoose maps.

If they have a combination of a Mei, Widow/Hanzo and some other dps that good at holding points ( Bastion or Junkrat or McCree) then good luck to try to go througt that chooke point. If I try to go with Roadhog, Orisa, Sigma or Rein I just get melted in seconds. Zarya and D.Va is only good for a little longer to try and buy some seconds for a pick, but if they have a shield then its gg wp. The enemy just win.

Want to know the real kicker?

The buff Sigma got in the experimental card isn’t even to how high his shield used to be. To add insult to injury he can still be stunned out of his ultimate getting casted

Also Ana chucking antinade at a tanks feat is even more of a death sentence.

5 Likes

more like no tank expect rein and zarya. dva is still a joke

get punched by a 90s hammer swing

1 Like

It was never a legit comp.

It was a compromise, someone forced to go tank for 3 selfish instalockers. It was miserable and unfun for anyone but the instalockers.

And that’s what this is. A compromised painful chore for anyone but DPS.

How about you admit the truth - you only like it because it’s brainded ez mode for DPS.

5 Likes

Also, on the rare occasions I arranged triple DPS on purpose, the third DPS didn’t replace the off tank, it was the off support.

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember when you could kinda afford solo support as a compromise. Still unfun, but at least when burst DPS weren’t dumb oppressive and tanks could tank, it was possible kind of.

1 Like

It wasn’t a great comp. I just used to do it when we had a Sombra, since you have to make up for Sombra’s lack of damage somehow.

Rein: Mei, Sombra
Hog: Mei and snipers
Sigma: Mei, Sombra, Doom
Zarya: snipers
Orisa: snipers
All the dive tanks: multiple snipers

You could realistically run a DPS composition that counters every tank in the game at the same time. 2 snipers and Mei means every tank in the game is hard countered at the same time. Why would you run any other group of DPS?

2 Likes

You could say Sombra was the “off-support.”

The point does stand that only the DPS ever liked triple DPS. Now they’re here gaslighting everyone into thinking everyone else forced to either tank/support for them or throw with 4-5 DPS comps “totally liked it.”

4 Likes