Yeah I'm not having fun solo tanking :)

Most games are just horrendous now. Even when I win it doesnt feel good at all. Theres so much pressure as is with 222 but now more so with being the solo tank. The buffs dont feel like buffs at all. It feels more like a treatment more than a cure.

The devs couldve buffed or revert more things for the tanks. If these are the buffs/reverts their gonna do if 132 ever gets implemented. Then I’m never playing tank again.

I’m glad I’m trying it out, some of the buffs/reverts are cool to have back. But in a triple damage setting. It’s not enough. Sigma for example, all he got was a faster regen and a 1200 shield. They didnt revert 1 sec cd. They didnt do anything else except that. It’s nice but not enough.

I honestly hope 132 doesnt go live with the current tank changes and overall. The idea of solo tanking sounded fun because I thought each tank would get better qol buffs. But again, not enough with these buffs.

Tldr: The devs if they’re gonna implement this, they gotta do more buffs for the tanks than the ones now on the ex card. Personally not having fun because of more pressure and the buffs didnt really change much and isnt good enough for solo tanking.

96 Likes

maybe you are not the type of person to play tank. i like being the raidboss in the team.

36 Likes

I’ve played tank pretty much the when I got the game. Dva, Orisa and rein are most played tanks and are at the top of most played in competitive. I’ve honestly got bored of tanking as of late and this 132 is seriously not good enough for me to want tank again. I’ll tank in 222 but not as much. But 132 is a complete no for me.

9 Likes

Not being mean but have you actually played the patch. The tank buffs are anything but raid boss levels. I think you’re going to be sorely disappointed by their performance.

83 Likes

rein swings now for 90 instead of 75, zarya has mutlibubble, hog has aoe heals. its amazing so far. these changes wont turn bad players into good ones though.

8 Likes

I mean, damage-boosted Rein is basically a raid boss with his damage buff and armor buff on top of the buffs he got when they nerfed his barrier.

1 Like

Those are the only good tanks in this mode but even then, a good triple dps would smoke my rein or zarya

7 Likes

Hog is scary up until Mei’s frozen him long enough to let your burst DPS turn him into bacon.

22 Likes

oh yea cuz its with locked heroes right… oh wait.

onetricking never works

1 Like

Honestly I like Hogs change. It’s a cool feature that works. But they nerfed his damage and hes still the same ult feeder he was before. He just has a cool feature and that’s it.

4 Likes

The damage mitigation effect is cool, don’t get me wrong, it’s just…like you said. It made him tankier but he’s still super easy to kill. I feel like Roadhog can be fixed by giving take a breather a cleanse ability that also reduces ult charge that can be taken off of him/anyone in the cloud.

1 Like

Hog still feeds Mei.
Sigma feels absolutely terrible. 300HP on his barrier is nothing.
You only pick Orisa because they have a Mei who’s smoking as you as Rein.
Zarya and her team are far too vulnerable to snipers.
Wrecking Ball… could actually have been good, up until they nerfed Piledriver last patch. Now he’s just lacklustre, plus Mei still makes him sad.
D.va leaves her team vulnerable to snipers, since if she dives one that leaves one more, a Mei and/or a McCree mowing her team down.

17 Likes

They gave the other tanks pretty straight buffs to have almost hog-like levels of HP with their armor and regenerating shields and barriers. Hog has always been the damage tank and they basically gave him very little AND hit his damage.

Like, compared to something as amazing as doubling matrix duration, AoE team bubbles, barrier health increasing AND cooldown reduction, what Hog received seems very little.

That, and Mei still makes tanking meh. I dunno why they won’t look further into either diminishing returns on freeze or a range reduction or something.

7 Likes

This is the most fun i have had in overwatch in a long time.
Offtanks need more work to be viable as the sole tank, but i guess that is early days.
Played 3 dps dive and was so much fun as winston.
Remember this is so early in testing and opinions may change, but for the first time in a long time i didn’t want to stop playing.

5 Likes

It seems scary at first. But in fact now you have like 1.5 half tank against 3 dps. So even a d.va stronger that the most op version of d.va, isn’t that scary when facing 3 dps without any other tank.

4 Likes

And all it takes is a Mei to reduce that 1.5 tank to a -3 spawn resident.

20 Likes

to be honest, i’ve solo tanked so many times, that it doesn’t bother me, actually sometimes, i actually like being the only tank…huh, if the tank que wasn’t so long i’d try it

Eh. Tank/support main. I tried to keep an open mind. Tried few tanks, tried all roles to at least see all the POVs. While playing as a support it feels as if you are not protected so much and the dives or snipers hurt. Played one game as a DPS but it felt messy. And tank, ye tank. If one of the three DPS chars were Mei, then tanking was utterly horrible. Saying you feel like a punching bag is like saying nothing. In other cases tanking was only frustrating or just not fun. If you dive snipers you leave your team and it feels bad, if you stay with your team and shield them, someone flanks them and it feels bad, if you go hog or Zarya it feels bad when enemy team shoots at yours which is always. It feels wrong knowing you don’t have your other tanking mate watching over you or the rest of your team or doing something useful. Plus, losing cool tank combos like Rein and Zarya or Hog Orisa knowing you get shorter queue times for dps feels disappointing. D.VA, Hog and Zarya feel as if they are completly out of place and full of band aids which simply don’t fit their playsyle JUST to make them remotely work in 123 enviroment. For example Zarya, you kind of want to stay behind the main tank to shield him, so he can lead the charge, now you need to do it and… if you want to shield your team now you need to turn away from the enemy. The more I played the more I disliked the changes.

11 Likes

Totally agree, zero protection for healers and the solo tank role is absolute trash especially with the former nerfs. This role lock will absolutely make me quit OW for good. The whining try hard DPS plays can have this game… Without Tanks or healers. And maybe they will have fun with it. But for those of us who actually enjoy healing and Tanking. Meh… there are better games with less aggravation.

21 Likes

For me it’s this, Dps - Support - Tank. I find dps more fun because if the obvious reason of it being better. More damage and deadly. I can play support, it’s fine but i do notice I get dived more but doable. Tank is just a no.