Yall still play often?

The forums have been more fun then the game. I havn’t really played in months.

2 Likes

Signed up and listed you as a recruit. Just gotta do Boot Camp stuffs and then I should be good to go. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve uninstalled the game, so that should be a clue.

Why are you here then?

To make people who believe I care about their opinions ask inane questions?

All I am saying is that if I was bored enough with a game to uninstall it, going to the official forum of said game to post “I uninstalled it” seems… petty at best, and a lie, at worst?

I don’t play as often as I used to due to the game becoming stale, boring, repetitive and the constant, unnecessary nerfs to some heroes who didn’t need it when other heroes needed the attention.
Not to mention the events are getting… meh. The game has only been out for two and a half years and it’s already dying in my eyes. They really went pro with it way too soon. :frowning:

Again, inane questions and believing I care. Still a free country here, and now that I know my posting triggers people I’ll post more.

Trolls gotta troll? That’s it?

Could you be more specific? When I want to play with friends (which is often) I just use my friends list. Some of them are always in a 4 or 5 stack too, which instantly gives me a team of buddies. simple.

I don’t understand guilds, I’m new to MMOs and they scare me.

Cool. Hope to see you in a squad soon!

I play sometimes but I stop playing because of boredom and just go back when I feel like it

My play time took a huge dip right after the 2nd anniversary (brig to comp, new Hanzo, dumpster tier junkrat) but I still played fairly regularly.
Now the last time I played was a week before the Halloween event ended. Bliz con was a huge disappointment for me at least, even the short hinted to interesting robot lady being the new hero, not whiny rich girl cowboy.
With her release the game seemed like it was going to be dps instalocks for a while, and I already hate solo healing or tanking, I’ll wait for a new tank to be released. One that actually has tanking ablities and isn’t just a fat dps coughcough Hammond coughcough.

i think the seagul video needs to be filtered to separate fact from opinion. he had some personal opinions like hard counters being annoying. but the overal point, that OW isn’t pure fun anymore still stands. and i mean, if you think seagul isn’t allowed to criticize who is…

everybody has personal things, the one dislikes specific heroes. thinks they’re OP or UP. but that isn’t the point. that can’t be fixed. there will always be parts you don’t like.

it’s the fun that needs to be put back into the game. how? that’s up to blizzard.

Monster Hunter World came out. Literally the reason I play less Overwatch.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but if you want to quit, quit. Who cares if you’re GM, asides from you? Unless you’re getting paid for it or something.

Don’t let Overwatch be a boat anchor. It’s just a game.

Alright my person, start here:

Clan mega thread^

The more pressing question regarding clans would be, why not?

Most, if not all, arguments I’ve seen against clans are nonsensical and fall into one of the below camps:

1. " we don’t need clans because we have blizzard groups." Wrong. Blizzard groups are nice, no denying that, but the groups simply shows people that are signed into the blizz launcher . Just because they’re on, doesn’t mean they’re playing OW, or even want to.
  2. LFG fills the place of clans, adding clans now would be redundant ” Again, wrong. LFG was another great step in the right direction… but it still fails because you’re grouping up with complete strangers… strangers who more often than not leave the group after only one loss.
  3. clans would lead to more division since not everyone would be able to be in one ” For the third time, wrong. Anyone would be able to start their own clan
  4. clans would lead to more toxicity, and worse, sexist clans that don’t allow girls ” Again, anyone would be able to make their own clan. There could be all girl clans, clans for people that only like QP, clans for competitive types… you get the idea.

And here are the main benefits of clans:

It gives you a chance to play with people consistently over a period of time. This is -very important- because it gives you a chance to get to know them, to build rapport and camaraderie . Over time you instinctively pick up on your team mates habits… you’ll suddenly notice when your team mate goes left, you go right to help flank… when someone goes in alone, you’re more likely to want to jump in and help them becaues you know them and they’re not some LFG rando that’ll leave after the match anyway.

You could have battles against rival clans which I think would be spectacularly fun and competitive. I’d rather duke it against other clans then duke it out in competitive where my rank is always in flux.

If blizz can make league skins, they could easily implement a system that lets you have clan skins . I mean the possibilities with this type of system are astronomical.

There is hope … In an interview with stylosa, he asked Jeff Kaplan about clans, and jeff let out a suspiciously large grin and said "I can neither confirm/deny the presence of such a system… but we have some exciting social features coming up towards fall.

TL;DR: The absence of clans in a game that’s so heavily marketed around team play is absolutely dumb founding. It’s been past time for something like this for quite a while.

1 Like

Frustration is only natural. If you weren’t enjoying the game, you wouldn’t get frustrated… you wouldn’t care enough to get upset and think “this could be better”, you’d simply stop playing and move on.

People are misunderstanding and misplacing their frustration and assuming it means the game is bad or that there is something wrong. I’m not saying OW is perfect, but that imperfection is part of the package.

As they’re constantly releasing new heroes, the balance of this game will always be in flux. It’ll be an ever improving, ever changing system. Sometimes it’ll feel just right… other times it’ll feel gross and uncomfortable. That is part of what makes the experience fun is being there through all the ebbs and flows and learning to adapt to them. It’s that constant adaptation that makes you a better player and sets you apart.

Occassionaly. I’ll play more when the stability changes come live

I’ve been playing everyday since Beta except for yesterday for the first time because I feel asleep as soon as I got home after work. Adulting is hard :frowning: