Y'all really like to underestimate Overwatch 2 huh?

My only complaint with OW1 is that it didn’t launch with role queue

I couldn’t have said it better myself … :rofl:

1 Like

I am just forever disappointed that Overwatch didn’t get more campaign modes like Uprising and Retribution, for sale… as expacs so I could always play them even if only in custom game modes.

I admittedly have very high expectations when it comes to Story Mode in games, so if the events in Overwatch are any indicator of how they will be in OW2, I’m not overly excited. It doesn’t help that the team doesn’t handle new heroes so well and often bloats their kits, so that’s another thing I’m not looking forward to.

That said, the new graphics, UI, menu, and cosmetics are exciting to think about.

Ohai my long lost twin :grin:

Its true tho , hitman had a “new” engine just loke ow, all of the older maps are in hitman 3 with the new graphics, hitman 3 continues the story where 1 left with 6 new maps 5 of them giant btw with tons of thing and challenges to do in each one
So it really sounds like overwatch 2 its just taking longer than needed

Most people who play games have so much time on their hands all they can do is complain whilst playing the same game that they’re supposedly so angry over. Half the people in all gaming communities would probably find better enjoyment in life by leaving ours for good.

Edit: I am stupidly excited for OW2 and plan to fork over $100s if I have to, I don’t care. I’ve wanted pve in this game for 5 years, I will enjoy that and NO ONE will stop me, not one person or anything.

1 Like

That’s just speculation the only number that’s technically confirmed is 5 since Jeff said multiple tanks and supports meaning at least 2 of each and I doubt they would just ignore DPS so they probably have at least 1 hero.

Define tons. Technically we know of 4 maps that are PVP which are the Push maps (which a new gamemode would need more than only 1 map but still) the other maps are mostly speculation.

I’m pretty sure they said that not every hero would receive those since some of the later addition don’t really need it. Basically I don’t think Brig, Bap, Sigma and Echo would get one but who knows.

And I’m gonna end this by saying, all these things (except the skins which are supposed to OW2 exclusives) are also coming to OW2 which is why people say it’s a DLC. The only thing unique to OW2 is the PVE and the updated skins.

I mean not wrong but also Michael Chu could’ve finished the story for OW2 already. As we know, apparently Blizzard is always “in the future”. Like in WoW apparently they’re something like 5 years ahead internally. So for all we know the lead story person could be for the future heroes (and possible DLCs) that will be release in the future and the main OW2 story is already done.

But like you said

I expect some retcons to happen not only because of the new writer but also maybe to make the whole story easier to tell within a game.

1 Like

Do we have a confirmed source for this?

Oh? So you know what the final product looks like and you’ve played it?

Assuming this number is even true, most of those 8+ heroes could have been released during the lead up to OW2. Instead, Blizzard has chosen to starve the base game of content while it still makes new heroes, just so it can release all of them at once with OW2 to make the final package look better than it really actually is. All this is, is a marketing gimmick. It will make Blizzard look REALLY good once they can point to the box and go “woah! Would you look at that! We made 8 whole heroes for OW2! And guess what?! YOU GET THEM FOR FREEEEEEEEEE even if you don’t buy the expansion!!” Looks really good to players who have lapsed or quit the game quite some time ago.

Also, OW launched with 21 heroes, so IDK why we’re getting all excited for 8 after 2 years of nothing new to do. If they were releasing heroes every 4 months like they originally were, AND OW2 came out with 8 new heroes, then I would be all for it.

“Tons and tons” isn’t a real number. I just googled it, and we have 4 maps confirmed. I know there will be a few more. Let’s be generous and say 8 maps. When OW released with 12 maps, it was heavily criticized in reviews for not having nearly enough content. Somehow, I don’t think 8 maps constitutes as a whole new game when 12 wasn’t enough. Also, my point about continuing to starve the game of content still applies here.

Yes. Because Blizzard’s efforts at story telling within the game have been a true, AAA experience. Everyone just loved Havana, it was so well designed.

The OW lore events have been pretty much the lowest budget production that I have ever seen. I don’t expect that to be any different in OW2, and frankly shooting at hordes of mindless bots isn’t that much fun for me.

Oh yes. Because we don’t already get that every event. Yay, new skins everyone. OW2 will be totally worth it!

The only reason it isn’t already permanent is because blizzard artificially decided that it should be a limited time event. There’s no reason that we shouldn’t be able to play the PVE events right now.

Yes. Instead of us pushing a crate, a robot does it for us. How inventive.

This is exactly why it’s taking so long, but guess what? These have literally zero effect on gameplay. What people don’t understand is that engine changes dictate what Blizzard can and cannot do within the game. In this instance, it might enable things such as allowing Blizzard to scale up enemies to huge proportions (such as in the cinematic), allow for swapping of abilities, or allow us to fly.

And no, we’re not getting an open world.

Oh thank goodness. Because, that’s a multibillion dollar industry by itself, and if Blizzard took away all our cosmetics, tons of people would be very mad.

Nope. Sounds like the base game has been left to rot for a lackluster PVE cash grab.

1 Like

We have currently been shown five maps: Rio, Toronto, Gothenburg, Monte Carlo and another unnamed map (Only Toronto is confirmed to be a Push map btw)

However, we have a bare minimum figure of 10 maps given by Jeff’s phrasing.

2 Likes

Because that’s ALL it is.

Yeah, we do. It’s gonna be the same game, but with a “campaign” mode added to it.

No. Overwatch will have new heroes. All those added will be free to everyone who doen’t by the story DLC. Also, where did you get that 8+? Jeff said he wants to drop 2-3 heroes at once to “shake the meta up”. There is no way you’re getting over 8 heroes at the release.

That’s THE ONLY unique thing “2” will give you.

Many of which are just ugly.

Citation needed.

Which you already covered with the story mode point.

Again, no. This will also be free for everyone who doesn’t buy “2”.

Yet again, no. Also free for everyone.

Yeah, because OW “2” is a DLC add-on. It will literally just be added to the base game we already have.

Then you need to get your hearing checked. It is NOT a sequel, especieally not an amazing one. Did you actuall listen to Jeff when he walked out during last BlizzCon? He called it “redefining a sequel” for a reason and that reason being the higher-ups wanted a “2” slapped on it to generate buzz and Jeff knew this is barely and expansion pack. All the content like heroes, maps, modes could be added to the game right now, but will drop with “2” so it can seem bigger than it really is.

This thing should’ve been called “Overwatch: The New Omnic Crisis”, but that doesn’t get you as much attention from the media.

2 Likes

No, we don’t. I don’t know where OP got that number from. 2-3 heroes at best.

Sounds like a season pass.

Already 5 confirmed.

2 Likes

As much as I’m looking forward to it… you’re possibly overhyping here as well. Right now we know a couple things and while they’re sounding nice… they aren’t adding up to what I’d expect from a full game release… HOWEVER I will also say as they’ve been super mum about info we cannot rule out the game being amazing…

SO…

lets just wait and not Hype or Whinge our way into unrealistic expectations or dis the game into a non-purchase before we actually KNOW anything eh?

Funny enough OW2 was the reason of the lack of new content, as they have been working on it simultaneously with OW1 for quite a while now.

Like they canceled the new content for the second halloween event do to needing to work on OW2.

1 Like

I would say closer to 5 and possibly less if their releasing fox girl early do to a possible ow2 delay.

Don’t count on it. That and I don’t see the why everyone thinks an open world is an improvement.

1 Like

I think people are overestimating overwatch 2 because it’s being hailed as the end goal and that the lack of content will be worth the wait since they’ve been putting most of thier time into that, but like nothing says that the pvp won’t be way too similar to what we have now to the point that it turns people off and nothing says that balance will be way better than what we have now, some of the new heroes could be too strong and they might rework some heroes that we have now in a way that makes them broken. I wouldn’t put it past them either

1 Like

Well, by definition it’s not a sequel either, since everything barring the PvE will come to OW1 as well. That’s why I personally think that OW1 will just stop existing once OW2 comes out and everyone will be ported over automatically, with the option to buy the PvE content. In other words, OW2 will probably be a replacement of OW1. At least that looks to me the most logical approach both from a purely practical and long-term sustainability viewpoint (but then again, companies are ruled by short-sighted sociopaths, so they might very well do something incredibly dumb).

OW2 likely doesn’t fit in the DLC/expansion/sequel categorization and them wanting to categorize it as one/more of them only causes unnecessary confusion.

Wasn’t the number so far at 6, iirc?

For PvE yeah. For PvP… that remains to be seen.

Well yeah, that’s the central marketing point of OW2.

Not that big of a deal? That’s like calling the model updates for WoW some major content drop.

Not exactly groundbreakingly new. You could even argue this kind of mode should’ve come to the game way earlier.

We got Overwatch in the first place because they axed this idea, so… ehhhh, no.

See first point.

I know there are people on here being a negative nancy in regards to OW2, but overhyping it doesn’t help anyone either… unless you want them to do a Cyberpunk…