Y'all asked for a Widow meta

Support mains complained that flankers were too good at killing them, so they had flankers, most importantly Sombra, nerfed to the ground.

Who benefits from this the most?

Could it be the one who is countered by flankers, especially Sombra, the most? The funny French sniper? Baguette lady?

And y’all are surprised that Widow’s suddenly really strong?

Flanking was never too strong. I know this is funny coming from the forum’s Tracist, but I’m tired of people pretending that flanking was somehow a problem when LITERALLY EVERY SUPPORT HAS A FIGHTING CHANCE AGAINST FLANKERS. AND IF THEY CAN’T FIGHT, THEY CAN RUN AWAY. LITERALLY THE ONLY SUPPORT THATS HAD TO FIGHT WERE ANA AND MAYBE BAPTISTE.

Were you that against doing something than going behind the tank and holding down the ‘heal’ button? Did you really not want to do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE???

Should Genji had been nerfed? Maybe. Tracer? Perhaps? Did any of them deserve to be literally unable to do their job? No. Flanking is pretty much dead right now. Congratulations. The one thing holding Widow back was completely gutted because support mains can’t be bothered to learn to duel.

You brought this upon yourselves.

23 Likes

Nobody “asked” for a Widow meta.

98 Likes

Well what do you think happens when flankers are unrightfully nerfed to dust?

7 Likes

Well, either way, it’s where we’re at now.

4 Likes

Flanking is fine.

Dive characters ever having access to a God damn one shot combo?

Absolutely not fine.

14 Likes

Cmon let´s not pretend that nerfing sombra led to a widow meta

From what i´ve seen, widow started to get picked a lot after the hog one shot nerf patch

23 Likes

Flanking was a problem because players don’t know how to position.

Widow abuses the same exact player flaw, only from anywhere on the map!

7 Likes

Sombra is literally Widow’s second hardest counter (second only to Ball). She absolutely keeps Widow on her toes if the French woman’s being a nuisance.

6 Likes

Honestly flankers really only dominated season one with the speed passive.

Should’ve done some minor reverts after that passive was removed to see if they were truly broken or just utilizing a dumb broken mechanic.

(That and what did they think would happen if reworked a hero to fit 5v5 and not the rest of the roster?? Like rework everyone or no one-none of this “a few here a few there” junk)

5 Likes

I think there are heroes that are WAY more of a menance to widow, like tracer. Seen plenty of sombras getting killed in the middle of decloaking

4 Likes

lmao support bad we get it

4 Likes

Nobody can approach Widow like Sombra can. A good Sombra will consistently keep a Widow spychecking instead of actually killing the Sombra’s teammates.

I mean why do you think flankers were nerfed? It definitely wasn’t because supports were good at this game. :eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes

That´s not my experience at all and don´t seem to happen that much at the game either

People usually counter widow with widow, or Dive tanks/Tracer/Genji

Both genji and tracer have more damage than sombra, genji has more vertical mobility than sombra, Genji (if strong) is one of the best heroes to put widow in check

4 Likes

Yeah, I apparently also asked to be born.

4 Likes

Because let’s be honest not a lot of players play Sombra. It’s why they so readily made her the worst hero in the game this season.

A sombra that’s good with her translocater can pretty much get anywhere she wants to go on the map.

The difference between Genji and Sombra is that Sombra inflicts a paranoia that Genji cannot. After all, you can see a Genji approaching (especially since there are not many truly ‘hidden’ flank routes in this game. You can never see a Sombra coming unless she messes up her movement.

1 Like

Widow is only a problem because amateurs design the maps

9 Likes

Don’t know what set you off about supports, but the whole ‘supports bad dps good’ thing is getting really old around here.

Genji was OP. They nerfed him for other reasons than Supports complaining, and everyone in the game knew he was dominating.

Sombra was OP. They nerfed her for other reasons than Supports complaining, and everyone in the game knew she was dominating.

Literally all you’re doing is taking things everyone in the game knew and attributing them to Support players, as if Support players have great mind controlling powers that can sway the devs.

This is pointless. I’m off these forums for awhile. You all are tiring.

21 Likes

They made her the worst hero because she is a rolecoaster hero, either trash or meta

If you throw your translocator up, against a good widow, you´re not getting out alive. Doesn´t seems doable to me

That is, if she is really, really strong, like when she had that 40% damage boost. Other than that i don´t even see why she would focus widow first instead of supports, since they wont let the widow die

But genji has a higher chance of finishing the job, while sombra needs huge followup

1 Like

Oh I did take flanker duels but my team reported me for not healing :joy:

20 Likes

And ‘DPS bad’ somehow isn’t getting old despite support mains saying it like every other sentence around here?

So making him near unplayable was the solution?

Yes she was, so clearly she needed to be made into the worst hero in Overwatch history, right? :eye::lips::eye:

Oh come on the only ones asking for flanker nerfs were biased Widowmaker mains and Support mains. Aaaaand this game has queue problems with supports. Like it or not, supports, as things currently stand, have a tremendous influence around the game’s balance. The dev team has to keep supports happy if they want their precious role queue to even work.

Even OW1 Sombra was good at fighting Widow. Her damage is fine as long as it’s not locked behind hack.

Seriously I know they won’t do it, but they should consider maybe not locking damage behind hack. But the balance team is legitimately stupid so they won’t do it. :slight_smile:

You kind of have to think about your approach, yeah, but as long as you move unpredictably, you’ll chase her off your perch. And by the time you decloak and Widow either dies or grapples away, Stealth will be ready to go again, so you can continue to annoy the Widow until she either swaps or the team inevitably loses because the Sombra effectively took her out of the fight without killing her.[quote=“Def-11647, post:18, topic:781473”]
But genji has a higher chance of finishing the job, while sombra needs huge followup
[/quote]
But Sombra can inflict more consistent pressure, while Genji has to deal with the risk of somebody seeing him and fighting him instead.